Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 03:23 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,069 times

Advertisements

How did she ever get on this committee in the first place? Talk about a contradiction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 04:13 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
No. What she did was right. She is raising awareness about these people.
This is a person who believed Israel when Israel said "Iran wants to wipe Israel off the face of the earth". Iran makes a statement in a foreign language and she took the arch enemies word for it? Of course now we know Ahmadinejad never said that but the fear mongering damage has been done.

I hope that may change your mind about "those people", so maybe you wont support the slaughtering of any more of them. Treat them like the human beings they are and not the animals our government tries to make them out to be. Respect them and their property rights.
As-Salamu alaykum

Old 07-20-2012, 04:34 PM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
How can posters post flat out lies and expect others to to have any credibility in them?

Is this thread going to sink into posting ALL the "idiots' on the left and the crazy things they have done and continue to do?

I'll start. At least she isn't the Speaker of the House who said, We have to vote for it, to find out what is in it".

Your turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Where is the lie in my statement?
You claimed, "How can you have somebody who voluntarily took the citizenship of another country,"

That is the lie. She did NOT volunteer to become a dual citizen.

“I automatically became a dual citizen of the United States and Switzerland in 1978 when I married my husband, Marcus. Marcus is a dual American and Swiss citizen because he is the son of Swiss immigrants. [LEFT]
Read more: Michele Bachmann renounces Swiss citizenship - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com

Do you understand the difference?
[/LEFT]

Old 07-20-2012, 04:50 PM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Maybe the 'intelligence' committee just needs a different name.

Charlie rangel headed the ways and means/ tax codes

Tim Geithner heads the treasury

and you have a problem with Bachman?

Old 07-20-2012, 05:04 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Default Comments after the article----

Posted by: kcbranaghsgirl | July 19, 2012, 1:55 pm 1:55 pm

Well, it’s known that Huma’s father, Syed Z. Abedin, was a professor in Saudi Arabia who founded the Institute for Muslim Minority Affairs, an organization supported by the Muslim World League, a Brotherhood organization. It’s also known that her mother, Saleha Mahmoud Abedin, is a member of the Muslim Sisterhood, the Brotherhood’s adjunct organization for women. The Brotherhood itself is in its own words is dedicated to “eliminating and destroying Western civilization from within and sabotaging its miserable house.” Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that’s a security concern worth looking into. It is also very disconcerting that Mohammad Morsi and other members of his terrorist organization, the Muslim Brotherhood, have been invited into the White House to make plans with the Obama administration. Obama called to congratulate Morsi on the terrorists organization’s victory in Egypt . Morsi’s campaign was “Jihad Is Our Path and Death in the name of Allah is our Goal!” Hmm…. Seems like that’s not so very good. Maybe we should be concerned. At least a little, eh?

Posted by: TexBork_2012 | July 19, 2012, 1:57 pm 1:57 pm

It has been reported that Huma’s mother is a close, personal friend of the wife of Egypt’s new president – the head of the Muslim Brotherhood. There are also reports that Huma is a radicalized muslim – look it up & decide for yourself. There is a basis for Bachman’s concerns so don’t dismiss it until you also consider Maj. Nidal Hassan who was given a pass because of political correctness by liberals.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:59 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
This is a person who believed Israel when Israel said "Iran wants to wipe Israel off the face of the earth". Iran makes a statement in a foreign language and she took the arch enemies word for it? Of course now we know Ahmadinejad never said that but the fear mongering damage has been done.

I hope that may change your mind about "those people", so maybe you wont support the slaughtering of any more of them. Treat them like the human beings they are and not the animals our government tries to make them out to be. Respect them and their property rights.
As-Salamu alaykum
Aw geewhiz, that just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I mean it to. How could anyone think that
Amanutjob could be a saber ratteling despot with hostile intentions toward Israel & the west ? It's not like
he's some kind of fool that claims the "Holocaust" never happened, huh ?? You called him the arch enemy, &
I agree with that 100%.

Radical Islam is the foe of all people. I don't know who "those people" are. The truth is Ahmadinejad has had thousands killed in the popular uprisings in Iran itself. If the "those people" you are refering to are the palestinians, maybe the should practice what they preach. Blowing up tourist busses & kidnapping soldiers
generally won't endear you to the rest of world.

If Michelle wants to expose or question any form of radical Islam, in any way, shape or form, that's a good
thing. That's what we hired her to do. The dual citizen charge ? Thats absurd and petty to boot. Thats even
dumber than the BO birth certificate search.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:53 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,295,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So the left are idiots because they don't believe anything that Bachmann says. Are you kidding me. It is so sad that you believe everything that comes out of her mouth. What is sadder is that you are jumping on her bandwagon to vilify someone who has done nothing wrong. Bachmann plants the seeds and you run with them. Talk about paranoia. Why would you do that.
People do this because politicians like Bachmann reinforce people's preexisting fears and prejudices. It's a problem is neither side has a monopoly on fear mongering idiots. The right has Bachmann, the left has Al Sharpton, both preach to an echo chamber that feeds off of their views.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:04 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Posted by: kcbranaghsgirl | July 19, 2012, 1:55 pm 1:55 pm

Well, it’s known that Huma’s father, Syed Z. Abedin, was a professor in Saudi Arabia who founded the Institute for Muslim Minority Affairs, an organization supported by the Muslim World League, a Brotherhood organization. It’s also known that her mother, Saleha Mahmoud Abedin, is a member of the Muslim Sisterhood, the Brotherhood’s adjunct organization for women. The Brotherhood itself is in its own words is dedicated to “eliminating and destroying Western civilization from within and sabotaging its miserable house.” Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that’s a security concern worth looking into. It is also very disconcerting that Mohammad Morsi and other members of his terrorist organization, the Muslim Brotherhood, have been invited into the White House to make plans with the Obama administration. Obama called to congratulate Morsi on the terrorists organization’s victory in Egypt . Morsi’s campaign was “Jihad Is Our Path and Death in the name of Allah is our Goal!” Hmm…. Seems like that’s not so very good. Maybe we should be concerned. At least a little, eh?

Posted by: TexBork_2012 | July 19, 2012, 1:57 pm 1:57 pm

It has been reported that Huma’s mother is a close, personal friend of the wife of Egypt’s new president – the head of the Muslim Brotherhood. There are also reports that Huma is a radicalized muslim – look it up & decide for yourself. There is a basis for Bachman’s concerns so don’t dismiss it until you also consider Maj. Nidal Hassan who was given a pass because of political correctness by liberals.

YOU have just as much PROOF as Bachmann....NONE!

Are those your "news" sources????

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

Old 07-20-2012, 07:30 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
When will Bachmann resurface and provide the interview to CNN she promise when she was sprinting away from the cameras.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:31 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You claimed, "How can you have somebody who voluntarily took the citizenship of another country,"

That is the lie. She did NOT volunteer to become a dual citizen.

“I automatically became a dual citizen of the United States and Switzerland in 1978 when I married my husband, Marcus. Marcus is a dual American and Swiss citizen because he is the son of Swiss immigrants. [LEFT]
Read more: Michele Bachmann renounces Swiss citizenship - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com

Do you understand the difference?
[/LEFT]
She had the automatic right to Swiss citizenship but they had not registered their marriage with the Swiss authorities. That registration was a voluntary act by the Bachmanns.

"Congresswoman Bachmann's husband is of Swiss descent, so she has been eligible for dual-citizenship since they got married in 1978. However, recently some of their children wanted to exercise their eligibility for dual-citizenship so they went through the process as a family," said Bachmann spokesperson Becky Rogness.

Michele Bachmann is Swiss now | FP Passport

Bachmann did not have to include herself in the process. Her eligibility was automatic but she did not have to exercise that. She chose to of her own free will just as, subsequently, she chose to give up her Swiss citizneship.

So it is quite wrong to suggest, as Bachmann did, that she had no choice in the matter.

Last edited by Jaggy001; 07-20-2012 at 07:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies