Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 07:17 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
What the heck is a "jobs council"?
I believe the definition you will find is:

"A political ruse, used by democrat presidents, to fool gullible people, with the illusion of concern for a climate of job growth."

Related Words:
Jobs Czar
Debt Super Committee
Committee for Economic Oversight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 04:47 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
I posted in another thread that on 0bama also went six months without meeting with his own cabinet. This president is a disgrace, when you think of how bad things are in our economy, and he simply does not care.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:27 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I posted in another thread that on 0bama also went six months without meeting with his own cabinet. This president is a disgrace, when you think of how bad things are in our economy, and he simply does not care.
He forgets how bad the economy is. He is all about himself and trying to keep the title of president. That's all he's interested in.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:42 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
He forgets how bad the economy is. He is all about himself and trying to keep the title of president. That's all he's interested in.
I don't think he cares. As long as he hands out food stamps, welfare checks and has his extended unemployment, I think he believes he is good to go. I still remember his creepy speech, where he said even if the country as a whole is not successful., his daughters will be just fine.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:03 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What does it matter anymore. No matter what Obama proposes the Republicans in Congress will vote against it. After all it has always been their number one priority to get him out of office even if it means screwing the rest of us.
I honestly believe Obama has a good heart and thought he could bring both parties together. A president can't accomplish anything when the opposing party is hell bent on making him fail. But guess what, we the people are the ones suffering because they can't compromise.
I am frustrated as the rest of you about the economy. I don't blame Obama though and why would any of you. I blame both parties because they cannot compromise.
How do you explain the first two years of his presidency, when he had everything he needed?

Old 07-30-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So Obama had the majority and didn't use it to his advantage. Good for him.
What? You complain that Obama is being "stopped" by the GOP in turning the job situation around, yet when confronted with the fact that he had NO opposition for his first 2 years, you respond this way? What does this even mean.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Yeah, but from which industry? Vulture capitalism which has been great at producing jobs....in China?
Staples, Dominoes, Dunkin Donuts, ToysRUs, Brookstone, Burlington Coat Factory. From these industries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies