Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2012, 04:36 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancap View Post
Dead.
Did they toss his body into the ocean?

Another conspiracy theory. Oh, yeah!

/sigh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 04:39 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Yes, he looks the same. Not an exact match, inch by inch, in those two photos but we've got different camera angles, different pose of the head, smiling and not, crazed and not, some age difference, obviously the hair, blablabla. You can look at anyones FB profile and find pics of someone that don't match up. My own daughter posted a pic this week with a group of friends and I didn't realize it was her at first.

Why the HECK would this be part of a conspiracy?

Old 07-30-2012, 04:44 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Regardless of who he is, that dude with the orange hair is going away for a loooooong time!

Old 07-30-2012, 04:46 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
This is just as sad as the "Paul McCartney is an impostor" conspiracy.

People have nothing better to do with their time.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:51 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
The initial report of that package being there for 6 days had to have had some foundation for the claim, no?
No.

You seem to be the kind of person who will always and forever believe what supports conspiracy over logic.

Plus, you know, even if something arrived a year earlier nobody is legally obligated to open their mail. I throw a lot of it out unopened myself.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:01 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
OMG!

lol.

Why 24? I thought 12 people died. Well, 13, counting the unborn baby.
The answer preceeds your post.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:14 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
James Holmes charged with 24 counts of murder in Colorado theater massacre - The Washington Post

The DA has not yet decided whether to seek the death penalty but he is certainly eligible. Regardless, he will be spending the rest of his life in prison if he is convicted. I'm sure his lawyers will likely try to argue insanity.
It wouldn't make any difference if judged insane, except that he would be kept in a locked psychiatric hospital until he would be judged fit to stand trial. It would delay the trial, but he'd still be locked up.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:18 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
No.

You seem to be the kind of person who will always and forever believe what supports conspiracy over logic.

Plus, you know, even if something arrived a year earlier nobody is legally obligated to open their mail. I throw a lot of it out unopened myself.
But you're not a psychiatrist with professional responsibility to check your mail from your clients. This was apparently a pkg sent to a psychiatrist at that doctor's business address.

Also, as for personal mail, if you personally received mail which required your response related to personal business, and you threw it away and ultimately got sued or an important contract was not renewed, you certainly had every right to ignore your mail, but that ultimately would have come with a price.

BUSINESS MAIL is different. Ignoring business mail as a doctor could open the door for a civil lawsuit.

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 07-30-2012 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-30-2012, 05:20 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
But you're not a psychiatrist with professional responsibility to check your mail from your clients. This was apparently a pkg sent to a psychiatrist at that doctor's business address.

Also, as for personal mail, if you personally received mail which required your response related to personal business, and you through it away and ultimately got sued or an important contract was not renewed, you certainly had every right to ignore your mail, but that ultimately would have come with a price.

BUSINESS MAIL is different. Ignoring business mail as a doctor could open the door for a civil lawsuit.
^^There was no delay in the dr. opening the mail. Let's not go there again, please!

Old 07-30-2012, 05:23 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Proven incorrect? Or just declared incorrect? Let's get something straight ... I don't subscribe to the George Orwell school of flexible news, which allows for a story to completely reverse itself whenever it is convenient to do so, OK? On the contrary, I regard initial reports as being far more likely truthful, than some revised and sanitized versions of the "truth" that come out several days later. But hey, that's just me. Maybe I read and watched 1984 too many times.

The initial report of that package being there for 6 days had to have had some foundation for the claim, no? Like maybe a receiving log .. a postmark .. something? Or do you believe that someone there just blurted that out with no freaking reason? How can a rational person be led by the nose like this?

Really, what is up with this new anti-logic?
"Hey everybody ... forget that first inconvenient report that the mailroom was sitting on the massacre plan for a week .... the new story is ... that old story isn't true ... we just got that package the day after the event ... err ... came in just this morning ... promise!!"

Come on, already. Jesus H Key Riest.
The first report of the package being there for 6 days was based on an uninformed, anonymous person taking a rumor of a package found and fleshing it out with details that just wasn't true and were easily proven false by time stamped records at the post office and at the college mail room's loading dock. Do you honestly think that the USPS service was in on some kind of massive conspiracy you claim is in the works? And that the college who evacuated and locked down the campus when the package was accepted was all staged? The way you make up and spread scenarios based on the slimiest tidbit of rumor it should be easy for you to understand how some hot shot reporter over at Fox was so excited about getting a story out first that they didn't bother to cross-check the story. You sir, are the one who is anti-logical and being led around by the nose. You want so badly to believe in a conspiracy that you disregard any evidence---like the time stamps on the package----that don't fit the conspiracy, black helicopter theories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies