Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 12:20 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times

Advertisements

So you think doctors and shrinks are all mentally stable? None of em suffer from the dreaded depression or other ailments like us regular shucksters do? Do they get some sort of majic pills in medical school to avoid all these afflictions?

You are the one making up the MIGHT prevent something argument. It's pretty lame too. Folks like you are a danger to all of our rights because you will hand them away without any fight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 12:21 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
As for conspiracy what we have had since this incident is kneejerk reaction to ramp up gun control and now you are screaming about taking privacy rights away. That isn't a conspiracy it's reality.
Nope. Not "screaming" or even suggesting that your privacy rights be taken away. I'm suggesting that there needs to be conversation about how to effectively deal with situations where patients are assessed as being danger to themselves and/or others so that those patients can be cared for and helped BEFORE they kill people. Certainly there has to be a way to accomplish that goal without destroying all privacy rights for everyone. That's an extreme, IMO, kneejerk reaction to the idea that we can figure out a way to get help for patients/people who seriously need help.

Dealing directly with a patient who exhibits signs of being a danger to society and/or his/herself, IMO, would be more effective in stopping these kinds of mass shootings than simply gun control laws.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:27 AM

Quote:
So you think doctors and shrinks are all mentally stable? None of em suffer from the dreaded depression or other ailments like us regular shucksters do? Do they get some sort of majic pills in medical school to avoid all these afflictions?

You are the one making up the MIGHT prevent something argument. It's pretty lame too. Folks like you are a danger to all of our rights because you will hand them away without any fight.
All right. So now you're getting personal. Guess you're seeing the silliness of your position. Now, because I'm expressing concern for the loss of life in situations like this, I"m a "weak sheep" who will forfeit all my rights as a citizen for "safety." LOL

Just because some doctors, like other human beings, have "ailments" you think that means ALL DOCTORS are incapable to performing their jobs and making diagnoses simply because a few get "sick"? Please. That's absurd.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:28 AM

Yes that is how it starts. Suggesting this and that and then when something else happens well we better do this and that and next thing you know babies are getting body searched at airports. I guess that is the America you want to live in. For all you know they could implement your little idea and the guy decides to walk out of the shrink office to begin with because he doesn't want anyone to know he's seeing one and he goes and blows up an entire building killing even more people. How's that for a MIGHT happen scenario? About as plausible as yours since we're playing the MIGHT happen game and all.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
All right. So now you're getting personal. Guess you're seeing the silliness of your position. Now, because I'm expressing concern for the loss of life in situations like this, I"m a "weak sheep" who will forfeit all my rights as a citizen for "safety." LOL

Just because some doctors, like other human beings, have "ailments" you think that means ALL DOCTORS are incapable to performing their jobs and making diagnoses simply because a few get "sick"? Please. That's absurd.
Nothing silly about my position. I take my rights and my freedom and liberty serious and don't like it much when folks want to hand the government (who screws everything up mostly btw) more control over our lives.

Where did I say ALL doctors are incapable of performing their jobs? Now your putting words in my mouth.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Extreme? I call it extreme to change privacy laws for everyone because something MIGHT have stopped something. That is I guess where we differ. The TSA is shaking down children right now at airports because of this type of thinking.
So no attempts at prevention for you it seems. Yeah, that's the extreme conservative view of "personal responsibility".....to hell with everybody else. I'm sure the families of those 12 people who died the other night would be enormously grateful if in this case if an "ounce of prevention" could have saved their loved ones. Btw, do you support privacy rights which are the foundation for Roe v Wade? You wouldn't want any changes there?

Old 08-02-2012, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Nothing silly about my position. I take my rights and my freedom and liberty serious and don't like it much when folks want to hand the government (who screws everything up mostly btw) more control over our lives.

Where did I say ALL doctors are incapable of performing their jobs? Now your putting words in my mouth.
Re-read your own post. You'll see where the logic of your statement takes you. I'm not putting words in your mouth.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:11 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
He IS to blame solely, but there may be liability on the part of the Therapists and theater though....responsibility and liability are closely related but aren't the same thing.
I do not belive there is ANY liability on the part of the therapists or theater. Passing ANY liability for a crazy person to people doing their jobs (therapist) or providing a service (theater) is asking the impossible of society and frankly should scare the SHAT out of everyone. Therapists are there to help patients, not to be screening people out who might go postal. There is NO science to that can be applied consistantly at all so to expect it, or make someone liable for it, is frightening. And the theater? They did nothing wrong by any standards. Nothing. The whole "alarm on the door" thing is wrong.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:33 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Most anti-depressants are not controlled substances. That's a term for narcotics.

There is no evidence that Holmes was involved with any mind-control stuff.
Just what do you think that evidence would look like? If you were, it wouldn't be "public" information.

As to evidence or damage from being mucked with, it could look very much like schizophrenia. In fact, that is the intent of such "abuse" normally. Is to create an "alter".

This is not on the table in discussions and comments, for example, made by high profile secret service people. When they in fact, know it exist in many forms. They are willing to throw out "faking" it publicly, which is irresponsible to say, but not mention some form of intentional "abuse". Even though they say everything is on the table.

Even common thugs in places like Columbia, chemically drug and hypnotize people frequently, just to rob them. There are some bizarre patents out there, not even talking "classified" stuff. There is official recognition of these kinds of abuse at the UN and even by Congress. NM our own govt was caught red handed doing this, as well.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:50 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,265,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
The only absolute security is three feet wide, ten feet long, and six feet deep. The nanny-state can't protect us from everything, and when it turns a deaf ear to young men who have been sent a long string of mixed messages by our Oh!-Soooo-Politically-Correct media and educational Establishment, terrifying things sometimes happen.I don't have an answer-- wish I did; but this is the same culture which gave us Columbine a dozen years ago. Whatever the hand-wringers and would-be nannies propose, what they've done so far isn't working.
Not so sure I understand all your terminology, however, I do get that you are thinking that some of the bizzare behavior of this guy who thought he was the "JOKER" was because of his education and the media???? Uh..if I am correct, that is probably just not even close to what is wrong with this nutcase. Can you say INSANE or DRUGS?? The biggest shame of all this is how no one who was close to this guy, if in fact there was anyone, saw that he was tipping the scales towards insanity or has some kind of drug issue. Why did no one see that what he thought, said or did was a little "off"?? Columbine?? Again, kids whose minds decide to take a vacation and perhaps kids who don't socialize a whole lot and get lost in violent video games. Who all of a sudden decides to go shoot a bunch of people without there being some kind of warning signals coming from that person that they are not firing on all cylinders?? I knew when my child was upset, angry or had things on his mind. We talked about problems and found solutions for the most part. Sure he smoked his fair share of weed...always got caught, I knew what he was doing.
These people who decide to open fire on crowds like at Columbine and Aurora don't just all of a sudden act abnormal...they were abnormal long before the events happened and it is FAR from being totally the fault of their schooling or the media or even their parents. It is a combined effort of them being left to their own devices and being allowed to make bad choices, perhaps not having anyone in their lives to explain the WHY of it all.
Any way you look at it, the Aurora killer needs to pay for what he did...too late to turn him into a decent law abiding citizen..he probably tossed that away long before this happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies