Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2012, 11:43 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Mentally ill. Sociopaths can hide it when they have to.

The nasty jerks on Wall Street sure knew how to hide it. Sociopathetic is almost the pathetic new normal..So many people are mentally ill these days it's bizarre - Someone should look at the stats on the legal distribution of anti-crazy pills - some of which make you crazy- "May cause suicidal ideas.....how do we know if one of the side effects is that they may also cause homicidal ideation? - med student? I would say he had something "legal" in his system...just sayin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 11:43 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Very interesting that this happens exactly 1 week before Obama is due to sign the UN gun control treaty

..and??

Old 07-20-2012, 11:44 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
I am pretty sure someone who is willing to just walk into a movie theater ready to just start blasting away at people isn't all that concerned with who could potentially packing heat.
You got to interview him already?

Old 07-20-2012, 11:45 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
..and??
I agree. It's not like any sane person would bother listening to what a piece of paper that holds no weight says. My nephew might as well written in crayon "no more guns for anyone, signed U.N."

Old 07-20-2012, 11:45 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
This shooting really put a damper on the Hollywood hype behind this movie which was premiering today in theatres across the country and internationally.

They cancelled a press junket in Paris where the actors were planning to speak out of respect for the victims.

No doubt the film will likely not receive the box office response it should have as a result of this tragedy - producers are probably having a cow.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:48 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,496 times
Default WTH is wrong with people... Colorado shooting (12 murdered) on opening day for Dark Knight Rises

Questions, but few answers, in Colorado shooting; 12 dead, dozens hurt - latimes.com

For people like this the justice system should not apply... Word is they cancelled opening day in France and security has been beefed up across the board for all movie theaters. At first I was hearing talk about crazy conspiracy stories that just sounded ridiculously farfetched but when you think about it... you really can't put anything past the evil people in this world... My prayers are with all the families that lost someone they cared about and hopefully those that were injured can make a full recovery...

Old 07-20-2012, 11:49 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Right now we have had 2 postings generalizing on "greedy doctors" in relationship to the shooter. Congratulations! You folks have edged out even me!
This is true.........

What I find the most telling is the fact that when the police confronted him he meekly submitted without a fight or any resistance. This tells me that he's looking for a forum to tell his story. He'll use the court system to showcase whatever agenda he has. The bullet proof vest is another giveaway that he didn't want to die in the confrontation but had an agenda that was yet to come.
Only he knows why he did what he did but I'll bet that we'll find out at his trial. His trial will be his soapbox.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:50 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,938,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
You got to interview him already?
So only you can speculate? I didn't say I guarantee. I said pretty sure.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:51 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
This is true.........

What I find the most telling is the fact that when the police confronted him he meekly submitted without a fight or any resistance. This tells me that he's looking for a forum to tell his story. He'll use the court system to showcase whatever agenda he has. The bullet proof vest is another giveaway that he didn't want to die in the confrontation but had an agenda that was yet to come.
Only he knows why he did what he did but I'll bet that we'll find out at his trial. His trial will be his soapbox.
Honestly, there's nothing the scumbag can say in his defense.

His family is in San Diego and the news hounds have descended on their home.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:52 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Well, let's see, Brian Ross and George Stephanolpoulos blamed the tea party. Yes, they went to a tea party website, found someone named Jim Holmes in Aurora and started a Tea Party rumor. Then they had to apologize because it seems like the Holmes in the Tea Party in Aurora is in his 50s and the shooter is 24 years old. So, then they blamed social media for their stupidity.

"The "Jim Holmes" page on the Colorado Tea Party website is advertising an event with Middle East commentator Brigitte Gabriel next Thursday, July 26--hardly the behavior of a man who expected to be committing a deadly crime on July 20 for which he would certainly be apprehended and might not survive."

"An earlier ABC News broadcast report suggested that a Jim Holmes of a Colorado Tea Party organization might be the suspect, but that report was incorrect. ABC News and Brian Ross apologize for the mistake, and for disseminating that information before it was properly vetted."

Jackasses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies