Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2012, 12:00 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times

Advertisements

Ballistic helmet, leggings, vest, tactical gloves, 3 weapons.

He was strapped.

I'm really glad they caught him alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

376 posts, read 295,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Wait, according to the P/C forum, only "black youths" commit acts of violence?
Silence!! The grownups are having a discussion.

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
The body armor was to make sure that he could kill the maximum amount of people- The fact that he was passive when arrested does not mean he was not willing to die- The thrill of the kill probably was enough- much like a rapist is calm after orgasm...This is one very sick puppy...I just wish these types would do this in the privacy of their own home- and maybe killed himself...instead of taking his fantasy out side. Not much more to say about this other than...just remember the sorrow and heart break - and the tears ..that flood the town of Aurora - People weeping...suffering....for no good reason...I feel so sorry for them.

I think I should shut up now...

Old 07-20-2012, 12:01 PM

Apartment booby trapped with incendiary devices, chemical devices, and trip wire.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:02 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Wait, according to the P/C forum, only "black youths" commit acts of violence?
Apes with guns come in both shades- black and white- drop the whole racist thing...it's just dumb and you know it.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:03 PM

The guy was fighting a battle, but for what?

Can someone be insane and plan and plot something like this so methodically and deliberately? I don't think so.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:04 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
It does seem like people are losing their ability to have a higher level of self governance and self control.
Well, apparently it seems that way to some of us.

Quote:
We see flash mobs,
"Flash mob" is just a PC term for "race riot" - something that has been going on for centuries.

Quote:
riots, theft, assaults, even things like people going ape $%#@ over not getting lemonade or chicken nuggets at fast food places or what they want at the store.
All of which have been going on for centuries (except maybe doing it over McNuggets).

Do you have some study showing that there are more of them per capita recently, than in, say, 1900 or 1800?

Or is the problem simply that the recent ones are more prominent in YOUR memory, than the ones that happened long ago?

Old 07-20-2012, 12:05 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I'm not saying that he's a paranoid schizophrenic, but the onset of that particular disease often isn't until the late teens/early 20s. It's very cruel, and it often hits really bright people. We have acquaintances who have a son who was good athlete, great student, and popular kid in high school who became sick in college. It's tragic. He's on mental health disability now, and his parents are frantic because he takes his meds, then thinks he doesn't need them and stops....then he disappears and they find him living under a bridge.
I went to a funeral two weeks ago for a young man who killed himself. He seemed normal when I met him a year and a half ago, then all of a sudden started doing weird things like going to the airport unannounced, buying plane tickets and jetting off to various destinations around the country all by himself.

His family finally was able to get him some help but the doctors would always release him over their objections, then two weeks ago he swallowed a bottle of pills and downed half a bottle of rum and the rest is history.

2,628 posts, read 4,609,958 times
This is why I don't go to midnight showings the night a movie comes out in general.

It's always crowded as hell, and the people that generally go half the time don't know how to act.

The last one I went to was for The Watchmen, the theatre was so crowded, people were sitting in the aisles and people kept yelling throughout the movie.

No idea what the motive was behind this idiot's shooting, but my prayers go out to the families of those affected and for speedy recovery of those injured. All of this mayhem because someone wasn't loved as a child or insert other psychological reason.

2,523 posts, read 2,202,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Apes with guns come in both shades- black and white- drop the whole racist thing...it's just dumb and you know it.
Yeah save the racist thing for when blacks commit a crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies