Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2012, 01:04 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
First off, a 3-month old has no sleep schedule. They wake up all through the night.

Another good reason. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 01:05 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Another good reason. Thanks.
Another good reason to what? Leave them home? I don't agree. As long as parents keep their children quiet and/or take them out when they get fussy, I don't have a problem with it.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:07 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
That is fine, and great, I'm glad you were a responsible parent...I'm not referring to parents like you, please understand and do not take offense. I'm talking about me, going to an adult movie, where parents take kids lets say, The Horse Whisperer...and I'm referring to kids that are toddlers, early toddlers that can't talk and they were sitting in their strollers, causing all kinds of disturbing noise, screaming and crying and the parents just left them ruin that movie for so many others, instead of walking them out of the theater. I realize young parents today, want to continue to go to movies, and perhaps I'm wrong for this, but when I had my son, if we didn't have a babysitter, my parents, his parents, we simply didn't go, period. I didn't go out if I couldn't take my son along, and I certainly wouldn't have taken him to a movie like "Night of the living dead". I mean, young parents at work talk about taking they're toddlers into movies like those "SAW" movies....? They wanted to see it, and didn't care how it effected their kids, or if their child started crying, they thought it was funny??????????
Oh okay I understand where you're coming from and I agree. I'm personally not into SAW type movies but I never take my son to R-rated movies with extreme cursing or nudity. I saw a 8 year old in the movies at Hot Tub Machine. I reported a lady during Think Like a Man because her kids kept throwing that little key thing babies play with on the floor and then shrieking for someone to pick it up.

I rarely skipped things after I had my son. But I guess I lucked out cause my son was pretty consistent and could sleep through anything. I have friends now who can't take their 7 year olds ANYWHERE

Old 07-20-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Another good reason to what? Leave them home? I don't agree. As long as parents keep their children quiet and/or take them out when they get fussy, I don't have a problem with it.
Another good reason for not bringing a 3 month old. Not having a schedule for sleeping makes them unpredictable.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:12 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
First off, a 3-month old has no sleep schedule..
I disagree. My son had a sleep schedule around 7 weeks. I would go to a 9pm movie, change him right before we went in, feed him before the previews started and he'd sleep through the whole movie.

Aside from that he didn't just wake up screaming. He'd move first. So if he started squirming I knew he was about to wake up and would just walk outside to see if he needed to be changed. Usually he went back to sleep or just laid there quietly.

So its manageable. Only down side for me was that my kid was fat so my arm would be numb half the movie from supporting his weight.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:18 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
People, what you don't like are crying kids at movies. The rest of the time you don't even know they are there and don't care.

As to what is/isn't "appropriate", a baby can't tell what's up there so it doesn't matter. A toddler and up will need the parents to determine if it's appropriate or not. My son went to see Jurassic Park when he was 5 and believe it or not that was a playground controversy among the moms at the time. My son loved that stuff, the Jaws was on loop in the VCR at our house, but I remember one gal telling me her son cried and was frightened by the aliens in Star Trek so there was no way he should go. We don't get to determine what's ok for someone elses kids so if there is an occasional "tsk tsk" consider it the price of freedom.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:22 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
We just happen to have a 3-month-old at home, and have pretty much given up on the idea of going to the movie theater for the next two years unless we find a sitter. Taking an infant to a movie theater is incredibly inconsiderate and selfish to everyone else who is trying to enjoy the show.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:23 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
We just happen to have a 3-month-old at home, and have pretty much given up on the idea of going to the movie theater for the next two years unless we find a sitter. Taking an infant to a movie theater is incredibly inconsiderate and selfish to everyone else who is trying to enjoy the show.
Only if they fuss.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Only if they fuss.
A couple of drops of Benedryl might help.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:24 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,588 times
So the 3-month old wakes up in a loud movie theatre. What happened to the "Kid sleeps through the movie" statement? This is not beneficial for the child. At three months, people should be "training" their kids to sleep through the night. In any event, my issue isn't really about bringing the baby to the movie theatre at midnight as much as it is the parent not waiting a day or two to go see a movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies