Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 09:07 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,625,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Republican speak out of both sides of their mouth. You claim you want smaller government yet you want government to restrict women's rights and take them backwards.
Sorry, but legalized baby butchery is a fairly new concept, and disagreement with the practice does not necessarily indicate a "backwards" arrow of time. Your newer concept certainly does not sound like progress to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 09:18 PM

32,030 posts, read 15,027,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Sorry, but legalized baby butchery is a fairly new concept, and disagreement with the practice does not necessarily indicate a "backwards" arrow of time. Your newer concept certainly does not sound like progress to me.
It's not a new concept and it is a law now which conservatives want to change. And yes we do go backwards if abortion becomes illegal. Women go to back alleys again. Abortion has always and will always be around so let's just keep it safe. But that is not the only women's right I am talking about.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:36 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,283,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
This is not true at all. In my discussions on these boards, any time a Democrat is questioned on a topic, especially if it relates to the President, they will resort to racism claims and brush off the question.
I've criticized Obama and the Democrats many times, I have the posts to prove it, and I've never been called a racist for this.

On the other hand I've been called a racist by fans of Herman Cain and Cuckoo West many times

Old 07-20-2012, 10:29 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,925,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
And the person you want to drink a beer with is probably not the person you want leading the country.
At this point we just might, heck these people aren't even drink'in (anything good that is) in DC and look how messed up we are.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-21-2012 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: copyright

Old 07-21-2012, 08:48 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,290,496 times

Ron Paul Highlights in 2/22/2012 Presidential Debate - YouTube
the best debates on Real issues were the GOP Primary and Obama and Romey both have flip flopped on their positions many time now and his debate reminded me of a Roast on comedy Central..

Old 07-21-2012, 09:49 AM

29,209 posts, read 22,330,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
This is one of the stupidest posts I've read around here in quite some time. Sorry that your sample size, social or geographic distribution has put you in contact with people like that but to make these huge blanket statements is just assinine.

I've met plenty of politically rude people from both parties, they just tend to cluster up with thier "own kind".
Churchs of certain denominations for example will have more right wing nutjobs and moderate democrats while if you hang out in granolafied university type settings you will get more left nutjobs and mod reps and independants.

Who the heck hangs out talking politics like this anyway? Where are you having these heated political conversations?
The OP didn't take a poll. He's making a personal observation. Know the difference.
Politics is everywhere these days whether an individual wants to talk about them or not. While most folks are much more civil in person than they may be on the net, there is always someone at work, a neighbor or an acquaintance who will want to bring up the topic just to raise the heat.

Being rude is never something those jerks consider, and both sides have them. It takes more skill at deflecting someone who is hell bent on stating their positions than a lot of folks have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies