Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 04:53 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times

Advertisements

They are disgusting. I hope the guy sues them for mental anguish, defamation, slander, and anything else he can think of. Who cares if he was absent of malice.

Great movie, by the way. One of my favorites. The ending scene with Wilfred Brimley was great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 04:54 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I stated it already, they should both be fired. Immediately. They knew exactly what they were doing, and just hoped it was true when the reported it. Most of all, they just wanted to plant that seed, and they did exactly that. This was no accident.

Journalism is dead folks. And its high time people start getting canned for betraying the trust of the public who they are supposed to be looking out for.

THEY knew exactly what they were saying, and it should be brought up that this was not in error. Start calling these idiots out.

The only seed that was planted, is just what these two idiots are clearly about. It is no accident in misjudgement, on their part, and that should be brought to attention.

It is very clear, what they were trying to do, and at a time of tragedy as this horiffic situation took place, how dare them.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:55 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
I think anytime a shooting happens, the news media quickly tries to pin it on the Right or the Tea Party. I really do not know how people can trust these outlets. They are clearly biased and they lie.

The most ironic thing is, the try to pin it on the Tea Party, when if you look at the truth and facts of the group, they were overall well behaved, clean, and peaceful. Especially if you compare them to OWS.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:58 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
You can sue the press. If the guy can prove damages, and that the network knew or should have known that the information was wrong, then he may win. I am sure he consulting a lawyer. I know that I would. This was sloppy journalism.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:00 PM

46,287 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You can sue the press. If the guy can prove damages, and that the network knew or should have known that the information was wrong, then he may win. I am sure he consulting a lawyer. I know that I would. This was sloppy journalism.
100% leftistism....

Old 07-20-2012, 05:01 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
100% leftistism....
A huge media corporation is leftist??

Old 07-20-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I think the most damaging thing would be is that right after he said it, he said he wasnt sure if that was really the guy. Yet, out of all the names that came up, he made sure to distinguish that one. So i would think, a decent lawyer could make a good case out of it.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post

And this shocks you or do you just enjoy showing us that you can hit yourself? Or is that just a real question?

How can you even question, if you are being serious, if a media outlet can be leftist? I believe it is clear to anyone who pays attention, many of the big outlets on tv are leftist and they dont try hard anymore to hide it.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:04 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I think the most damaging thing would be is that right after he said it, he said he wasnt sure if that was really the guy. Yet, out of all the names that came up, he made sure to distinguish that one. So i would think, a decent lawyer could make a good case out of it.
Well if they are not sure or have a reliable source for the information they should have not have published his name. I am sure he will not have a hard time finding a lawyer.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:05 PM

46,287 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post

I did not not say that.....why are you saying things that I did not say or even come close to projecting?

Ahhh, the leftist spin...to attempt to twist my words into you lie! Typical leftist....do you work for MSNBC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies