Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 07:15 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,923,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And it takes less than 2 seconds to pop in another clip. Preloaded clips in a pocket can be easily carried and used.
You put a clip in your hair.. You put a magazine in your semi auto...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 07:28 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,209,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
The Democrats are not running away from the issue....they simply are NOT trying to take away people's guns...it's NOT an issue for them....but you keep listening to the freaks who claim over and over and over again that Democrats are trying to disarm everyone in America......stupidity can be fun!!!(I guess)
I see that you failed to read the OP's offerings in the way of links to left leaners trying very hard to tie this young man to the Tea Party etc. A Tea Party member in Colorado does have that name but he wasn't the one responsible, however, ABC cut loose on that without checking to see who the man with the same name really was.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Already? It's a little late for a lot of people in Aurora, Columbine, Arizona, Virginia Tech, ....etc, etc, don't you think?
Once certain people find a way to take all our guns I doubt that the massacres you mention will be very important since then only government and outlaws would have guns. bob, I think you are really excited about the signing of the UN treaty at the end of next week. I bet Obama doesn't have the guts to take a chance on that signing.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Wow, you going for the "deflection" record? After that I forget, what's the topic?
In the rep I just gave the trapper I asked him which of THEM he thought could deal with his post and you failed so abysmally because you answered not one of his suggestions. Not even a nice try.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
I'm not really pro-gun control. At this point, gun control isn't exactly a viable option considering millions of guns are already in circulation...

...but that's my reason. Not the 2nd Amendment. That's not a concrete, logical reason. I saw something on Vanguard where a gun store owner was selling automatic weapons near the Mexico-America border, with no wait period. His reason to justify it, despite the weapons getting into the drug cartels hands, was because that's not in the Constitution.

So because the Founding Fathers (understandably) didn't have the foresight (240 years ago) to realize that automatic weapons would easily be put into the hands of those apart of, or leading this massive incredibly dangerous criminal system in Mexico, this man can't even be asked to CONSIDER doing things differently.

They were brilliant people, but to follow their words down to the letter is ridiculous. Anyone can stand on the outset of some country and propose all these ideas and thoughts, but when things grow, change, and progress, other things need to be considered when forming policy or ideology...
Damned right. Amend that Constitution to fit today. Of course, you know that I am not serious when I say those foolish words.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:43 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,975,677 times
"Assorted leftists already using Colo theater murders to demand more "gun control"

What the frack does one think PEOPLE instinctually do when confronted with tragedies like this? They look for ways to keep it from happening again. Do you really think that people are sitting around hoping for some gun tragedy so that they can restrict gun ownership for no other reason than to ruin the NRA's day?

Personally, I'm sick of all the demonization where ever it originates from.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:44 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,923,168 times
Ummmm... The constitution does fit today if you use it as it was originally intended.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:49 PM

10,567 posts, read 12,792,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
There need to be stiff penalties for anyone who supplies guns to those who have been convicted of felonies, to known gang members, and to those who have severe mental illnesses.
Are you the poster who wrote about "severe bi-polar disorder" - and now "severe mental illness" What's with the "severe" ? So a little mental illness is passable? If anyone is not fully of sound mind...no gun. Now what about people like the Zimmerman character. does being a bit slow mentally count as a defect and disqualification for gun possession?

Maybe those that desperately want a gun and don't need a gun, should not have a gun?

Old 07-21-2012, 07:53 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,956,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Colorado is a western state. People here think they're cowboys. Everybody who wants a CC permit already has one.
(a) people in Colorado think that they are cowboys, according to HistorianDude.
(b) HistorianDude lives in Colorado

HistorianDude thinks that he is a cowboy.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:58 PM

410 posts, read 340,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I'm not left-wing, but I ask you: How do you think right-wingers will use this situation to their advantage? They will and probably already have. With that said, what's the point of highlighting what left-wingers are doing? Both sides are guilty of this stuff all the time.
Exhibit A folks. This is THE PERFECT example of a lib misdirection. Edible, how about you ANSWER the question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies