Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 11:20 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I don't see why an average person in 2012 needs to own a personal gun or have access to buying one either. The 2nd Amendment was written over 200 years ago in a completely different reality.
I'm sure there are hundreds of people who were in that movie theater in Colorado who very clearly see why the average person needs to own a gun.

There are hundreds of thousands of people every year who use guns to defend themselves and others, but I'm sure you don't have a problem letting criminals have their way with people as long as you can sit on your high horse and say no one needs a gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 11:23 AM

385 posts, read 358,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
I'm sure there are hundreds of people who were in that movie theater in Colorado who very clearly see why the average person needs to own a gun.

There are hundreds of thousands of people every year who use guns to defend themselves and others, but I'm sure you don't have a problem letting criminals have their way with people as long as you can sit on your high horse and say no one needs a gun.
Good post. The media rarely highlights the cases where people stop a crime with a gun. Coincidence? I think not, the media is just furthering its agenda as is its sole purpose.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:41 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times

Old 07-21-2012, 12:03 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And you nailed it.

The whiners who are told that Democrats will take their guns away are under the complete control of the NRA and gun manufacturers.

They scare people into buying more guns! And the gun toters fall for it...LOL! How DUMB can ya get???
Don't buy one.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:07 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
My wife and I carry handguns with us pretty much all of the time.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:57 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,171 times
Well if the shooter had better control, he might have hit more people. Over a hundred close range targets in a seated room and he only got 12 confirmed kills. All the more reason to have mandatory marksmanship courses in grade school.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:07 PM

390 posts, read 265,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Right wingers are pathetic and the blood is on their hands. This is what you get for demanding your assault rifles be legal because you got to compensate for the tiny shrinky dink in your pants.
Define assault rifle.

I'll save you the time, because you cannot. Ignorance is not an excuse and all you are doing by using incorrect terms is playing to emotions instead of fact.

Ignorance like yours is a major factor in the knee jerk reactions the typical leftist goes through after an event like this.

Blame the person, not the tool.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:07 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Well if the shooter had better control, he might have hit more people. Over a hundred close range targets in a seated room and he only got 12 confirmed kills. All the more reason to have mandatory marksmanship courses in grade school.
Did you notice how the investigators were suiting up even to just go into his apartment? This guy had access to whole lot more than guns since he was researching viruses.

It would not surprise me at all if there is more that comes out, more victims. He wore a gas mask himself.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:10 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Did you notice how the investigators were suiting up even to just go into his apartment? This guy had access to whole lot more than guns since he was researching viruses.

It would not surprise me at all if there is more that comes out, more victims. He wore a gas mask himself.
He had a mask because he teargassed the theater. He told police his apartment had devices; it's SOP to wear appropriate protective gear whether or not it's a credible threat.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:54 PM

664 posts, read 773,496 times
Once again, an AR-15 IS NOT an assault rifle. Assault rifle BY DEFINITION must include full auto capability. The AR-15 is a SEMI-AUTO rifle. Really wish the liberal media would educate themselves, but of course we all know they say assault rifle because that's "scarier".

Second, for those lefties who are questioning the need for CCW and citizens to have access to guns, I give you exhibit #1. You can find many many more examples of the very same, of course this doesn't interest the liberal media because using guns to help doesn't further their own agenda.

71-year-old Super hero grandpa shot two robbers down in Florida - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies