Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 03:32 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I don't hate the rich; I just think they should bear the same tax burden proportionally to their personal income as the rest of us in the middle / upper-middle class do.
I'd be more than happy to pay the 5.56% effective federal income tax rate that the middle class pays. Sign me up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 03:41 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
I hate the rich, but only on a personal and individual basis, not political nor as a group. Same as poor people.

I leave hating entire groups of people up to the nuts on either side of the political spectrum.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:49 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,590 times
The Democratic party serves the rich, so the thread is flawed. I believe there is some anti-wealthy rhetoric, but to say the Democratic party hates the rich is really silly and naive.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'd be more than happy to pay the 5.56% effective federal income tax rate that the middle class pays. Sign me up!
I"m middle class and my rate is around 20%. I tried to get more deductions, but I only claim myself. Where is this accountant that can do wonders?

Old 07-21-2012, 03:52 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Democrats -- Do you know how stupid you look for Hating the wealthy?

Why is Barack Obama trying to pit you against people who have more money than you do?

Obama himself has more money than most Democrats.

Or is it only OK to be rich if you're a Democrat?

Hate is hate.

So hating someone because they are wealthy is just as bad as hating someone because of the color of their skin.

If Democrats own up to this, then we won't have to see anymore hate threads/posts directed at people who earn over a certain amount of income.

That takes care of that. Right?
It doesn't seem to bother them when a Hollywood actor makes multi-millions.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:41 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
What I'm talking about is tax rate as a percentage of your income. My effective tax rate is a good 2x of mega-rich guys like Romney.
No it is not.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
No it is not.
How do you know??? Mind reader??

Old 07-21-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
I"m middle class and my rate is around 20%. I tried to get more deductions, but I only claim myself. Where is this accountant that can do wonders?
IRS's actual data. The top 25-50% of income earners, the middle class, had an effective federal income tax rate of 5.56% Summary of Latest Federal Individual Income Tax Data | Tax Foundation

Old 07-21-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
IRS's actual data. The top 25-50% of income earners, the middle class, had an effective federal income tax rate of 5.56% Summary of Latest Federal Individual Income Tax Data | Tax Foundation

Old 07-21-2012, 06:51 PM

749 posts, read 838,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
If you had intellectual curiosity, you would have researched the issue...

Why the American People Are Angry

What is driving the Occupy Wall Street movement? Why are the American People becoming so Angry? These videos quickly summarize the problems that are igniting the discontent:

Understanding Occupy Wall Street -or- Why the American People Are Angry
Well I'll tell ya...

I just passed a bunch of those "99%" protesters here one Highway 1 in Half Moon Bay, as I do most every weekend. For the most part, they are the same people that show up every weekend. From the looks of them, they are pretty damned worthless, lazy, and apparently pizz'd off that because they failed to apply themselves at some point in their lives, they feel compelled to whine about the fact that they're sitting on their dead @zz on a street corner, when they could have been enjoying life. A perfect use for the majority of them would be for themselves to stick the business end of that sign they're carrying, up their @zz, and rent themselves out as a human popsicle.

Otherwise, pizz on 'em.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies