Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 02:18 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times

Advertisements

Currently, the Occupy Movement seems to be "blacked out" by major news outlets after starting strong in the Fall. The group was largely criticized for not having a unified message, but it seems that currently the group isn't able to get any messages out. Through police intimidation (beatings, arrest, pepper spray, and prolonged jail time before hearings), the Occupy Movement has slowed to the point of scattered protests across the nation.

I'm here to discuss the media's attempt to dismantle the movement and what lies, or more accurate, misperceptions of the movement were spread by the media. I'd also like to discuss the issue of our economy and what needs to be done to fix it and to make our Financial System more beneficial for it's citizens. As our economy continues to regress, Finance reform and the Economy seem to be the most dire issues plaguing our country. Despite our political affiliation, or beliefs, I feel that it is imperative that we come together on these issues.

Dylan Ratigan (rightfully) loses it on air - YouTube

Old 07-21-2012, 02:23 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times
I think they lost the public's interest when they started to trash everything and poop on police cars.

I caught one of the leaders on CNN who said he had to stop to find work but would not work unless the job paid at least 90,000. That right there is the reason they may remain unemployed for life.

If they had marketable skills worth that they would be snapped up, but they have a much more high opinion of themselves than others who want employees would ever have.

They have no respect IMO for all work.
Many were political operatives and Union activists.
Saw lots of communists, Marxists and anarchist among the group.

It's a nothing IMO, just lots of people whining about wanting free stuff again.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:27 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,636 times
Forget about them.

They have just become flash mobs intent on destroying property.

The more that end up in jail - the less damage they can do.

Just because they disagree with America doesn't mean that they can just have anything they want for free.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:31 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Despite our political affiliation, or beliefs, I feel that it is imperative that we come together on these issues.
I have an idea - elect the right officials.

All the Left Wing media (NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC) supports OWS as does Pelosi and Obama.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:31 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times
OWS is being ignored by the media because they are virtually irrelevant. IMHO, OWS was never relevant.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:34 PM

23,856 posts, read 24,091,732 times
The occu-what movement?

Oh, I vaguely remember now... They were the whiney children that liked to destroy stuff and violate property rights, weren't they?

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:36 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
I think that most people would just change to another news channel if the OWS is on the news. They're just spoiled rich kids bored with their college courses and so find time to travel from protest to protest. They don't have to work for a living like regular people, they are just the trust fund babies who like to pretend they're anarchists.

They turned me off when they were demanding unlimited illegal immigration and pretending they cared about Americans having better wages. That's when I realized they're just rich kids who grew up being waited on by lots of servants and could not imagine having their low-paid servants but think they are entitled to 6-fgure salaries right out of college.

Plus what are they protesting? They have their very lefttist guy in the White House. And daddy's stocks pay for them to travel around when others can't afford to travel.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:36 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,824,183 times
Clearly, we need some strong leadership and real solutions to get the country out of the financial mess we are in. The 'Occupy' movement, like the current administration, offers neither. It's time to get serious about cutting spending (which will be painful). Greece, Spain and the U.S. have thus far, shown that they do not really have the stomach for anything more than simple ideology and sound bytes. I guess the question is whether that is going to change anytime soon.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:40 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
A Congressman's take on the issues.

The Fed Grants $7.77 Trillion in Secret Bank Loan - Now Do You Understand Occupy Wall Street? - YouTube

Old 07-21-2012, 02:43 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think that most people would just change to another news channel if the OWS is on the news.
I think you're right...and I never think you're right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies