Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2012, 03:29 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So after all the wild ranting from the "mob" the truth is starting to show. In fact one person could have taken this person down. Just like in the thread I posted a few minutes ago about a very similar incident that happened at a church in Colorado where someone there who was carrying stood up and shot the guy and only two folks were killed instead of who knows how many.
Nobody is commenting on the fact that the ONLY reason this guy didn't shoot more is because his gun jammed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 03:31 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
People who do these things are all baseless cowards. They always go to gun free zones to do their killing. when is the last time you heard of anybody going into a gun shop or a police sub-station and shooting up the place? The best thing you can do to a baseless coward is shoot back.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:31 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
FACT: maybe the gunman would have been stopped, or maybe not, if there were armed moviegoers.

FACT: 100% guarantee that he could NOT be stopped if there were no armed moviegoers.

I like the odds better in the first scenario.....
You assume the only way to stop someone with a gun is with another gun? I don't. Nobody stopped him for the same reason nobody shot/would have shot him. People panicked and nobody wanted to be a hero at risk to their own life.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:33 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Ammo can be delivered to your doorstep by buying it through the mail or online, firearms bought that way must be sent to a FFL first unless it is a antique.

Speaking of antiques, I would be hard pressed to find ammo for some of mine if it were not for buying through the internet. I have some odd ball calibers and a ban of internet sales on ammo would be a serious blow to me and would do nothing to stop crime.

This is why I say thought besides emotion as to be put into things after a tragedy. I tink 9/11 and the aftemath we passed and got involved in proves that as a example.
There is 0 reason, 0, that you can't order your ammo, have it shipped to a gun dealer, who is registered federally, and then you have to buy it, or get it from them.

There is 0 reason, 0, that you can buy a gun from an individual in a walmart parking lot, legally. It, again, should go to a licensed firearms dealer, who is trained, and then the deal can be made.

It might cost you 50 dollars, might cost you an extra 100. It might even take you an extra week to get it.

But all of those regulations don't restrict you, all of those regulations don't hurt your freedom, and all of those regulations could help to stop this. Its impossible to protect everyone, all the time, in a free country. Can't be done. But you can make it much harder for these idiots to get the tools for their destruction, with minor inconviences to normal gun owners.

I own guns, I hunt, I have my permit to carry, but I don't need to go to a gun show and buy a gun. I don't need to buy a gun in walmart parking lot. I can go through one more hoop to enjoy the responsibility that is granted me through my constitution.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:33 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You assume the only way to stop someone with a gun is with another gun? I don't. Nobody stopped him for the same reason nobody shot/would have shot him. People panicked and nobody wanted to be a hero at risk to their own life.
Maybe you could have tried to talk him down like in the movies??? lol

Old 07-23-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
There is 0 reason, 0, that you can't order your ammo, have it shipped to a gun dealer, who is registered federally, and then you have to buy it, or get it from them.

There is 0 reason, 0, that you can buy a gun from an individual in a walmart parking lot, legally. It, again, should go to a licensed firearms dealer, who is trained, and then the deal can be made.

It might cost you 50 dollars, might cost you an extra 100. It might even take you an extra week to get it.

But all of those regulations don't restrict you, all of those regulations don't hurt your freedom, and all of those regulations could help to stop this. Its impossible to protect everyone, all the time, in a free country. Can't be done. But you can make it much harder for these idiots to get the tools for their destruction, with minor inconviences to normal gun owners.

I own guns, I hunt, I have my permit to carry, but I don't need to go to a gun show and buy a gun. I don't need to buy a gun in walmart parking lot. I can go through one more hoop to enjoy the responsibility that is granted me through my constitution.
I agree with you here but how many hoops are needed? What if the government taxes ammo to the point most people simply can't afford it? Are they simply out of luck?

Old 07-23-2012, 03:36 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
People who do these things are all baseless cowards. They always go to gun free zones to do their killing. when is the last time you heard of anybody going into a gun shop or a police sub-station and shooting up the place? The best thing you can do to a baseless coward is shoot back.
The whole purpose behind the loud music and explosives in the apartment wasn't to get the police later, it was to be a distraction to prevent the police from being close to the theater.

He wanted his neighbors to call in a loud music complaint, and distract everyone to the other side of town.

I don't know the local gun laws of every mass shooting, so I can't say they always do that, but they are cowards.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:36 PM

161 posts, read 141,546 times
I bet the number of people that think they can shoot a guy in the head at 30 yds in the dark with a handgun and the amount of guys that think they would have made the NFL if they weren't sabotaged by their HS coach are probably the same.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:38 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Why should ammo have to go to a dealer? I see 0 reason it should have to. There ia a 0 way it will stop a criminal. Even though doing a blackmarket sale in a parking lot for a gun is illegal in most places, there are 0 ways you are going to stop it unless they happen to get busted by luck. I mean, drugs are illegal yet blackmarket sales for it goes on thouands of times a day so??????

Old 07-23-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Nobody is commenting on the fact that the ONLY reason this guy didn't shoot more is because his gun jammed.
Yeah I remember reading that early on. Has that been verified? I mean who would think that type of weapon would ever jam? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies