Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 01:21 PM

160 posts, read 264,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
The question really should be: Why does any woman consent to have sex with a man who has no intention of marrying them? Aside from the obvious rapes, NO is a word that, I believe, *all* women have in their vocabulary.

20yrsinBranson
Yes, that is the million dollar question. Also, I don't understand why so many women settle for men who have nothing to offer. I'm so thankful that my family raised me well. I simply wish the same for others...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 01:26 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary2012 View Post
Yes, that is the million dollar question. Also, I don't understand why so many women settle for men who have nothing to offer. I'm so thankful that my family raised me well. I simply wish the same for others...
On average black men make about 9 bucks less than white men, you should put down ESSENCE magazine and actually read of book about black history, maybe that will help you a bit since you constantly seem like the uppity woman with nothing upstairs beyond a degree....

black men have always struggled financially, we were brought from slavery to blue collar jobs, we never had a history in white corporate america.

The real issue is most black men are undesirable outside of sex since the majority are making under 30k a year...

I forgot the name of the guy who made that 1000+ reply thread on this very same topic

Old 07-22-2012, 01:27 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
The organization, Daddy's Promise, was founded by the journalist Ed Gordon to help strengthen the bond between Black fathers and their daughters. This is the most important relationship that directly shapes the decisions young Black girls will make in their own relationships.

Daddy's Promise - Ed Gordon

http://www.daddyspromise.com/img/ess-art.pdf

Daddy’s Promise includes a symbolic component that will encourage men to sign a pledge and make a public acknowledgment of love and support for their daughters. It also consists of principles and guidelines to assist in fostering positive relationships between fathers and daughters.

The Father/Daughter relationship has a significant impact on the many ways social and familial bonds are formed and the way girls grow up to be strong, confident women. To that end, Daddy’s Promise is a sustainable program that:
  1. Encourages African-American fathers to take greater interest in their daughters’ lives,
  2. Builds self-esteem in young girls and teaches them to be productive citizens,
  3. Salutes the importance of the father’s role in the full development in his daughter’s life and the tremendous impact he has in shaping her,
  4. Creates dialogue among families as a first step in establishing healthy relationships between girls and the men who help raise them—fathers, grandfathers, father figures and mentors, thereby strengthening African-American families as a whole.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:31 PM

160 posts, read 264,958 times
Quote:
I really do not wish to sound unkind. But the fact of the matter is that single women (of all colors) get a nice check from the government for bastard children so they have very little motivation to change.

20yrsinBranson
I've heard that argument before, but from an economic and social standpoint, a young girl could earn significantly more by simply keeping her legs closed or taking birth control to avoid pregnancy and completing high school/college etc.

The average welfare income is less than 20K per year. Also, the majority of welfare recipients are at the mercy of the government. They must wait for "Uncle Sam" to provide their housing, cash and food allowance. The young women who depend on the welfare system, could have easily made 3 to 4 times the welfare limit, by simply staying in school and becoming a professional. In addition, their income could be further increased by marrying a man with the same income or more.

I do not understand why people believe that the government provides well. If anything, the welfare system has been shown to create and sustain generational poverty.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:35 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Maybe divorced being iniated by women over 70% of the time has something to do with it, just a guess....

I'd get used to being single and being sexually free if I were any woman, not just black... America is changing at it's core and this new idealogy will be the norm...

Nothing wrong with being single as long as your carefull...
Cultural norms aside. You will never convince me that a woman's sexual motivation is the same as a mans. The urge to "preserve the species" is the singularly most innate urge we have. You cannot HONESTLY justify it any other way. Women may swear up and down until they are blue in the face that it is not true, but the only REASON a woman DESIRES sex is for the purpose of procreation. They may have been convinced by "Sex In The City" or other popular culture BS that this is not true (gotta love the Feminazi mindset), but it is true. Women want "relationships" they do not want anonymous, casual sexual experiences. Therefore, the leap to not having sex with someone who does not intend to marry you is not that big a leap at all.

But first you have to admit that women value sex more than men, and most followers of the women's liberation movement are not willing to admit that.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-22-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The organization, Daddy's Promise, was founded by the journalist Ed Gordon to help strengthen the bond between Black fathers and their daughters. This is the most important relationship that directly shapes the decisions young Black girls will make in their own relationships.

Daddy's Promise - Ed Gordon

http://www.daddyspromise.com/img/ess-art.pdf

Daddy’s Promise includes a symbolic component that will encourage men to sign a pledge and make a public acknowledgment of love and support for their daughters. It also consists of principles and guidelines to assist in fostering positive relationships between fathers and daughters.

The Father/Daughter relationship has a significant impact on the many ways social and familial bonds are formed and the way girls grow up to be strong, confident women. To that end, Daddy’s Promise is a sustainable program that:
  1. Encourages African-American fathers to take greater interest in their daughters’ lives,
  2. Builds self-esteem in young girls and teaches them to be productive citizens,
  3. Salutes the importance of the father’s role in the full development in his daughter’s life and the tremendous impact he has in shaping her,
  4. Creates dialogue among families as a first step in establishing healthy relationships between girls and the men who help raise them—fathers, grandfathers, father figures and mentors, thereby strengthening African-American families as a whole.
Usually divorce as well as separation is decided by the women so I don't see what good these male bashing organizations will do but please continue to entertain and tell yourself it's black men that have all the issues, as long as it makes you sleep good at night I'm all for it.

Most these organizations are just driving a deeper wedge between black women and black men anyway, doesn't serve any purpose.

The marriage issue isn't only a black thing, men of all races who're financially stable are seeing less benefit in it a whole.... the media will try to make it a black thing though.... they can't have the privileged white class actually thing there's issues in our community.

****** you wasn't with me shooting in the gym - YouTube

This guy's words didn't exactly help the cause....

Newsflash... when the media shows black women crying over bum, piece of crap black men, it's not really a diss to black men, it's to make black women seem more materialistic on a greater scale which actually hurts her cause... they're not helping you, they're hurting you....

America by large is very conservative in nature, the wealthy older white class has little liberalism in them....

Old 07-22-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Cultural norms aside. You will never convince me that a woman's sexual motivation is the same as a mans. The urge to "preserve the species" is the singularly most innate urge we have. You cannot HONESTLY justify it any other way. Women may swear up and down until they are blue in the face that it is not true, but the only REASON a woman DESIRES sex is for the purpose of procreation. They may have been convinced by "Sex In The City" or other popular culture BS that this is not true (gotta love the Feminazi mindset), but it is true. Women want "relationships" they do not want anonymous, casual sexual experiences. Therefore, the leap to not having sex with someone who does not intend to marry you is not that big a leap at all.

But first you have to admit that women value sex more than men, and most followers of the women's liberation movement are not willing to admit that.

20yrsinBranson
I agree with you, women on average aren't sluts or whores, when a woman decides to have sex it's usually with the purpose of marriage so in that regards it's men who aren't with marriage... I totally agree with that... however, you have to ask yourself why deal with a man and then dump him later on and unfortunately dumping, divorce is large and away a woman's thing, not a mans

Men are still men, we have the power to make the game as well as change the game... right now we're seeing alot of change...

I don't bash all women, only the idiotic, confused ones who figure out what they want in life at 35.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:45 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Usually divorce as well as separation is decided by the women so I don't see what good these male bashing organizations will do but please continue to entertain and tell yourself it's black men that have all the issues, as long as it makes you sleep good at night I'm all for it.

Most these organizations are just driving a deeper wedge between black women and black men anyway, doesn't serve any purpose.

The marriage issue isn't only a black thing, men of all races who're financially stable are seeing less benefit in it a whole.... the media will try to make it a black thing though.... they can't have the privileged white class actually thing there's issues in our community.

This guy's words didn't exactly help the cause....

Newsflash... when the media shows black women crying over bum, piece of crap black men, it's not really a diss to black men, it's to make black women seem more materialistic on a greater scale which actually hurts her cause... they're not helping you, they're hurting you....

America by large is very conservative in nature, the wealthy older white class has little liberalism in them....

So an organization called Daddy' Promise which was founded by a Black father to help strengthen the relationships between other Black fathers and their daughters is driving a deeper wedge between Black men and Black women?

Sometimes it helps to put down the mantra of the "angry" person and actually embrace the fact that no one person has all of the answers regarding this issue and acknowledge that there are people who have only benelovent intent. No one was "dissing" Black men.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:47 PM

672 posts, read 810,957 times
Quote:
I'm just surprised that no lobby group was created to address this issue.
Quote:
Black women should not wait for the government to save them. Surely, if that were going to happen, it would have already taken place.
Quote:
There appears to be lobby groups set up for almost every political, religious and/or social group, but I haven't been able to identify one single group that lobby's on behalf of the vitality and upward mobility of black American women.
Well, there are strong persuasive groups. Unfortunately those groups conclusions wasn't keep the family intact for upward mobility. It was, convince some not to breed in order to achieve upward mobility.
You wouldn't recognize the groups today for what they really were in the beginning and really still are today.

But, you are absolutely right. There really isn't a lobby for upward mobility and keeping the family intact.

To often it is framed as "no children equals improvement" or "have children and the government will come to your rescue" and no-matter your opinion on the first my opinion on later leads to absolutely no mobility upwards for the majority.

You are absolutely right about the lack of an effective group as you describe. So be in advocate for such and don't wait for someone else or it will never happen. Good luck..

Old 07-22-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So an organization called Daddy' Promise which was founded by a Black father to help strengthen the relationships between other Black fathers and their daughters is driving a deeper wedge between Black men and Black women?

Sometimes it helps to put down the mantra of the "angry" person and actually embrace the fact that no one person has all of the answers regarding this issue and acknowledge that there are people who have only benelovent intent. No one was "dissing" Black men.
It's plenty of organizations in Chicago and Detroit which black men are "taking to the street" to regain their community from a rash of crime but looking at the news each week, that really hasn't helped much...

Nothing wrong with the cause, just most people aren't going to look in the mirror and say "I'm the problem".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies