Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 09:59 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by syracusa View Post
What a disturbing fallacy from a presumed rational individualist!

If you get into this kind of pathetic argument... the only ones I truly care more about comparative to others is MY OWN FLESH AND BLOOD. My very own children.

I do not care more about my co-nationals' children than I care about foreigners' children.

My own children are GODS/SACRED to me.
Everyone else on Earth is just that: mere human beings that I would equally NOT want to see killed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
So, we agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by syracusa View Post
No, we don't.

You're implying that you feel related by blood to all of your co-nationals, yet not with Pakistanis.
You feel that other Americans' children are like your own children...but you can only perceive those of Pakistanis as "collateral damage".

I might have bought this, with terrible difficulty, from the citizen of some old and small country where pretty much everyone is in-bred, hence closely related...but coming from Americans?
A virtual non-culture? A mixture of alienated, atomized individuals? Seriously?

If one of 12 in the theater would have been a Pakistani naturalized immigrant you would have had tears to shed, right? But if the Pakistani is in the actual Pakistan and is basically someone who doesn't have that magic piece of paper called US citizenship...that can be thought of as "collateral damage".

I am a naturalized US citizen and I am disgusted at the thought of calling the likes of you who argued on the "collateral damage" side as "co-nationals".

Bleeeahhh...I just vomited in my mouth.
You should have. You made all that up by yourself. All I said was, so we agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
155,000 didn't die today because this country killed them under the pretense of spreading democracy.
Touche.

There are over 7,ooo,ooo,ooo people in the world. Over 155,ooo die every day. I love my immediate family
more than almost every one plus a few close friends. Then it depends on who I know, where they are, what
country, etc. God Bless you if you really mourn 155,ooo people every night.

Last edited by buddy5; 07-22-2012 at 10:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 10:13 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Obama is the new teflon don, he kills women and children in their own homes, in their own countries while waging his finger andflashing his goofy grin. Meanwhile his cheerleaders can't wait to dismiss his victims as collateral damage. In actuality even a real don wouldn't be cowardly enough to kill women and children.
America is rapidly circling the drain.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:15 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The Constitution gives the President much of the power you speak of. The rest has been granted by the vey Congress you speak of.
The Supreme Court agrees with you. They probably would even agree that the President has the right to kill an american citizen if he has been deemed a "terrorist" even without judicial review.

My point is that this is too much power in the hands of one person, even if that person is a person you like.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:19 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
The Supreme Court agrees with you..

I know.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:22 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Frank you can sympathize with people who think its ok to strap on bombs and walk into public places and blow themselves up,fly planes into buildings and do all manner of evil to bring about the end of America,i'll continue to support Americans and the President in the belief that we hold ourselves to a higher standard and are not the type of people that willfully go around killing women and children.
Any military folks want to speak up on Franks assertion that the President is using your service to willfully kill women and children?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Obama is the new teflon don, he kills women and children in their own homes, in their own countries while waging his finger andflashing his goofy grin. Meanwhile his cheerleaders can't wait to dismiss his victims as collateral damage. In actuality even a real don wouldn't be cowardly enough to kill women and children.
America is rapidly circling the drain.
America circling the drain?probably has more to do with hateful Limbaughesque attitudes like this, because if the President was as blood thirsty as you seem to think he is he wouldnt waste time with drones it would be full fledged multi nuclear headed ICBM's.

Last edited by jambo101; 07-22-2012 at 10:47 PM..

Old 07-22-2012, 10:36 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
Before I read any furtther ,i have to say this .
It is the men hiding among those children using them as a shield; They are your problem .
Orentals did much the same as well as germans and russians hiding and using inocents to either mask or shield or deliver a death pay load or their own famlies would be killed .
It is hurrendious that cowardly men would do such a thing as to use innocents to help do dirty work the innocents would not have otherwise concented to .
How strong is your constitution ? If some one put a gun to your child or wife you love and said you are going to perform for me or they die . Just where are you at ?
The muslam use their own children as shields and the jew defends their own protecting them .
American soldiers usually do what they are allowed, to protect children even if they are not their own. Of course there is exception to the rule, when there is a threat greater than the few innocent lost in the frey.
With a people as uncooperative as they are, trying to battle a foe that is so heavily entrenched ,very hard decisions have to be made .
As for the event in Colorado that is the states fault dissallowing people to carry protection for them selves. Had they had this right supported , even a crazy, would think twice before attempting such a stunt, knowing that he wouldn't survive but one or two hits of his own before being perferated on the spot by every bystander.
Libs are too stupid to figure this out on their own, and choose to blame the gun, not the person , not wishing to take any personal responsibility for them selves to begin with. It's how I see it .

Old 07-22-2012, 11:40 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
They probably would even agree that the President has the right to kill an american citizen if he has been deemed a "terrorist" even without judicial review.

What makes you think that this President has not already exercised this power??

Old 07-23-2012, 12:19 AM

1,767 posts, read 2,348,731 times

What goes around, comes around.

There is justice in the universe.

No one has impunity.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:02 AM

59 posts, read 49,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
One of my friends who is still in the Army said he did not care. It was just "colateral" damage.
Your friend in the army is a piece of garbage and it would be real nice if he became collateral damage, we need less people like him on this earth.
Do they matter as much to God, of course! They are beautiful, innocent children of the lords regardless of there religious beliefs. They were created in his image and he loves them. Do they matter as much as Americans to us? Of course not, we are Americans, we are selfish, and they are poor and live in a third world country. On top of that our media has most of us believing all Pakistani children have bombs strapped to them. This world is fallen and cold.

Last edited by MIAYAYO; 07-23-2012 at 01:16 AM..

Old 07-23-2012, 01:15 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
What kind of man willingly or even purposely puts his children lives at risk?

If I've mad the choice to make myself the target of violence and death from above is imminent at any time I'm going to stay as far clear of innocent people as possible whether it's my family or someone else's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies