Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 06:20 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,924 times

Advertisements

We were told? By whom? When? Where? Where's your data?

I mean you can stop whining and being lazy and go read the economic data that's out there around the stimulus. The data shows it worked. I mean that's why Republicans passed stimulus bills. That's why in 2008 165 House Republicans voted for stimulus along with 32 senators and Bush went along with it. That's why McCain had proposed stimulus when running for office. Republicans are only against it now to get political points.

Economic Stimulus Act of 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To summarize, when Republicans were in power, stimulus was a good idea. When Democrats are in power, they say it's a bad idea. Isn't that what you call flip flopping or talking out of both sides of your face?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 06:24 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Sorry, but your post is rather silly. Balancing the budget right now would mean either massive tax increases or massive spending cuts. Either would push the country into recession and possibly depression.

What you call Obama care actually reduces the deficit.

More newspaper/library for you and less posting on the internet.
Oh please. Clinton showed that you can cut taxes, cut spending, and the result is an economic boom, not a recession and increased revenues. Commonsense dictates that if you allow more money to stay in the economy, you increase the economy, not make it worse.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:25 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,746,610 times
It was actually Bush who started the recession. The economy is in a recession since 2008, before Obama became president.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:

I mean you can stop whining and being lazy and go read the economic data that's out there around the stimulus. The data shows it worked. I mean that's why Republicans passed stimulus bills. That's why in 2008 165 House Republicans voted for stimulus along with 32 senators and Bush went along with it. That's why McCain had proposed stimulus when running for office. Republicans are only against it now to get political points.

Economic Stimulus Act of 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To summarize, when Republicans were in power, stimulus was a good idea. When Democrats are in power, they say it's a bad idea. Isn't that what you call flip flopping or talking out of both sides of your face?
Stimulus was ALWAYS a bad idea because you cant stimulate without FIRST removing money from the economy. Once again I find myself asking you what should be an obvious question. Where does the money come from in order to pump it in to stimulate? Even Keynesian economic theories dont support Obamas stimulus because it has negative effects on the economy, but we have pretend economists online like you, somhow ignoring commonsense and supporting dumb theories that are only harmful.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
It was actually Bush who started the recession. The economy is in a recession since 2008, before Obama became president.
Neither president started the recession. They dont have the power to do so.

Why dont you list for me what policies created by Bush started the recession

Old 07-23-2012, 06:29 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,924 times
Where the US funds itself is easy to find. The stimulus worked. Since people on here are either too stupid or too lazy to find it, I'll help out.

Since you think I'm an armchair economist, you can get the analysis from real ones.

CBO | Estimated Impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act on Employment and Economic Output from July 2011 Through September 2011

Should you disagree with them, then you'd be being a "pretend economist" yourself. By the way, commonsense isn't a word. Ironic, huh.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:29 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Romer and Bernstein on stimulus - NYTimes.com

Quote:

I was against it then and I'm against it now.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:31 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
When Democrats are in charge, balanced budgets are a priority.
When Republicans are in charge, deficits don't matter. Ask Dick Cheney, he stated that Ronald Reagan proved deficits don't matter.

And that is why California is in the tank, Democrats run the damn State, every time they are in charge, they run us into the ground. People need to learn their lessons well.

Demcorats are in charge, do we have balanced budgets, are we in debt. Just heard right now on tv, we have the higest amount of people on welfare since 1965.

Wow that sure is some great change there, ya think! There is no Hope, as long as Obama is running his show?
He knows how to spend, but does not know how to get us out of the mess, he has created, and has not done one freaking thing to fix it.

Four years, he owns his mess.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Where the US funds itself is easy to find. The stimulus worked. Since people on here are either too stupid or too lazy to find it, I'll help out.

Since you think I'm an armchair economist, you can get the analysis from real ones.

CBO | Estimated Impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act on Employment and Economic Output from July 2011 Through September 2011

Should you disagree with them, then you'd be being a "pretend economist" yourself. By the way, commonsense isn't a word. Ironic, huh.
The US doesnt fund itself, which is why it didnt work.

The CBO isnt an economist, fail... And why dont you educate yourself from real ones, and these ones lean far left, and even they acknowledge the same exact thing I've posted here from day 1..

How Obama got Keynes wrong - Feb. 5, 2010

Old 07-23-2012, 06:32 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Obama himself said that if he hadn't turned things around by now that voters would be justified in blaming him.
Yes sir we, he sure did and i have him on tape stating that exact thing. Plus many more of his lies. And there are many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies