Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro-life people, is abortion okay is the child is a result of rape?
I'm pro-choice so this is irrelevant to me 38 55.88%
I'm pro-life and even in the case of rape and incest, all life is precious 27 39.71%
I'm pro-life but I think in this case, the baby isn't worthy of being born 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 08:48 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Another big fat DUH! You REALLY think that only Liberals wanted abortion to be legal? That ONLY Liberal women have abortions....that's just..well, I HAVE to be polite so let me just call it EXTREMELY UNBELIEVABLY "naive"...
I am amazed at the number of people who are so supportive of wantonly killing babies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 08:50 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,622,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I am amazed at the number of people who are so supportive of wantonly killing babies.
read the link I posted

http://blackquillandink.com/wp-conte...ger-quotes.pdf

align your thoughts with the quoted and apply it to these people.

they actually are that stupid. I still feel bad that they're killing their offspring but yes they are that stupid.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:52 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strate L O S S View Post
adoption needs to be simplified.

it's kept very difficult to make abortion a more convenient choice for stupid people.

the path of least resistance...
Adoption NEEDS to be simplified? Well, that doesn't actually HELP with people who want to adopt NOW , does it?

And who is involved in the Evil Conspiracy To Make Adoption Difficult ???LOL!

Old 07-24-2012, 08:52 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmemaybe View Post
Would you support abortion being legal in the case of rape? I've heard many pro-life people say that in the case of rape, it's different. Essentially it comes down to the life not being 'honorable', right, since in any other case it's considered murder? How is that fundamentally any different from an 'honor killing'?

The question is so predictable. Before I looked at the opening I knew what it would be- but it has a new twist. Rape? Being pro-life I could say that the child should be born...It might not be a case of something being honorable...but more of a case of genetics..Was the rapist predisposed to have this aggressive and destructive nature..and would the offspring possibly have this nature? If genetics was a factor for sure- I say drown the puppy.

Even if the child was perfect- The underlying resentment would burn below the surface- The other factor is that sons are usually like the mother and daughters usually inherit the traits of the dad...It might depend on the sex if a child born of rape was a girl the mother may resent it less...even though the rapists character might arise in the daughter...It's a hard call- pro - abortionists always toss rape into the equation...it's a cheap shot.....How many woman get pregnant though rape? Probably not enough to even resister in the stats... It seems that pro-choice advocates get a kick out of showing people like me to be hypocrites.

Pro - life people may protect the unborn...but we still have traits of revenge..We might protect a child but might still kill a rapist...and his product...You can be pro life and pro-natural justice...in the most primitive sense.....lastly----------we could do a form of adult abortion- It's called execution...and spare the child- till we found out if it was the classic demon seed or not...............then we could call the kid James Holmes.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Yes! I know! The amazing number of people who were so happy to go to war and blow apart pregnant women, babies, and children!!! It's shocking!

Old 07-24-2012, 08:56 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
So why is it OK to kill an unborn child that you don't want but not OK to kill a 1 day old child that you don't want?

Old 07-24-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strate L O S S View Post
read the link I posted

http://blackquillandink.com/wp-conte...ger-quotes.pdf

align your thoughts with the quoted and apply it to these people.

they actually are that stupid. I still feel bad that they're killing their offspring but yes they are that stupid.
They're not stupid they're just human...and if you feel they are so stupid why do you want them to raise children???

BTW, it's so nice to see so many people in here like you ...people who never make mistakes...

Old 07-24-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So why is it OK to kill an unborn child that you don't want but not OK to kill a 1 day old child that you don't want?
Oh c'mon! That's been explained a million times in a million threads ....and I'm sure you can google an answer to that very SIMPLE question....why are you playing dumb???

Old 07-24-2012, 09:03 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh c'mon! That's been explained a million times in a million threads ....and I'm sure you can google an answer to that very SIMPLE question....whay are you playing dumb???
We want to hear it in your own words.

Yes.You.!

Old 07-24-2012, 09:09 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
as explained before a child born, one day or 4 years old can be taken care of by anyone who wants the job. that is not the case in the womb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies