Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 01:22 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,892,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Think I'll go chug a super big gulp while I still can
I'd be fine with that except you're probably on medicare and will bill the rest of us for your diabetes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 01:40 PM

1,789 posts, read 2,915,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I'd be fine with that except you're probably on medicare and will bill the rest of us for your diabetes.
why don't you give him your address and he can just send you the bill directly since it seems to all be coming out of your pocket anyway.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:45 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,977,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Well now, just for chuckles, let's have a gander at a solid red state law:
The Texas Constitution
Article 1 - BILL OF RIGHTS
Section 4 - RELIGIOUS TESTS -- No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office, or public trust, in this State; nor shall any one be excluded from holding office on account of his religious sentiments, provided he acknowledge the existence of a Supreme Being.

Oh, but wait, here's a few more from Texas:
It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.
Up to a felony charge can be levied for promoting the use of, or owning more than six dildos.
Full text of the law.
It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.
It is illegal to milk another person’s cow.
A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.
Homosexual behavior is a misdemeanor offense.
Why does this law exist?
Full text of the law.
The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home.

Stupid and restrictive is EVERYWHERE.

By the time I'm taking three sips of beer, I'm already sprawled out on the floor in a drunken stupor from the other stuff I drank ... so ..... I guess I could have stayed in TX, if I wanted to ..... Nah ........ I like being a stupid Californian in stupid 'ol California.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I don't think Californians themselves are necessarily any "stupider" than anywhere else (besides, I thought Flouridians held that honor???); in most cases it's the POLITICIANS that people vote in. And that includes Bloomberg in NYC. When I spent time there 4 years ago I was surprised at the concentration of fast-food and pizza joints all over the streets ~ something I did not expect to see. Either the man hasn't enough to do or his priorities are completely out of whack. Same thing with the Portland mayor, and I'm GLAD to be in the burbs.
Yeah ... those flouride hogs!!!

Old 07-25-2012, 02:50 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,857,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
By the time I'm taking three sips of beer, I'm already sprawled out on the floor in a drunken stupor from the other stuff I drank ... so ..... I guess I could have stayed in TX, if I wanted to ..... Nah ........ I like being a stupid Californian in stupid 'ol California.
Aw come on, tell us again how much you loved living in Texas, Twinkenstein. It never gets old. Like me.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:53 PM

Fontanalajara, you jus funna have to wait fo da book to come out!

Old 07-25-2012, 03:02 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,857,793 times
Awww come on, sneak preview. One adjective.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:07 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,398,089 times
Stop usin' them big, multi-syllabic words like "adjective." People in Fontalajara (it flows better like that) who are recent high school graduates won't know what yur talkin' 'bout; or anywhere else for that matter.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:13 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,325,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Stop usin' them big, multi-syllabic words like "adjective." People in Fontalajara (it flows better like that) who are recent high school graduates won't know what yur talkin' 'bout; or anywhere else for that matter.
You're just "barely" noticing this?

You mean like that right?

Old 07-25-2012, 03:32 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,398,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
You're just "barely" noticing this?

You mean like that right?
Why not. At my age I'm "barely" here anymore!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies