U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 06:38 PM

20,897 posts, read 6,623,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancap View Post
Who do people continue to vote for scum bags like Harry Reid?
His constituents appear to feel he does an effective job of representing their interests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 06:42 PM

385 posts, read 153,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
His constituents appear to feel he does an effective job of representing their interests.
That was honestly the funniest thing I've read all week!!!!!!

But to answer OP's question its because they don't know any better and often vote based off of the letter next to the name.

Reid obviously is beholden to the power interests that run the Federal Reserve. Ofc most politicans also are, but in his case its rather obvious as he has to be the one to stand up and not allow this to go through.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:59 PM

2,068 posts, read 982,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16trillionandcounting View Post

But to answer OP's question its because they don't know any better and often vote based off of the letter next to the name.

Reid obviously is beholden to the power interests that run the Federal Reserve. Ofc most politicans also are, but in his case its rather obvious as he has to be the one to stand up and not allow this to go through.
The Prince Harry, Nancy Haglosi cartel are the biggest stumbling block in history. They won't allow a federal
budget plan to even come up. That's been the case for almost 4 years now.

If death is natures way of telling you to slow down, old Harry might might set his own "term limits". He's
older than dirt & so is Pelosi.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:22 PM

14,121 posts, read 10,106,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake View Post
Reid is an ahole, plain and simple.

He gets re-elected time after time, because he is a Mormon, and little do people know Nevada has the 2nd biggest mormon population behind Utah.
Actually, Idaho has the 2nd largest Mormon population (percentage-wise) behind Utah, and leads Nevada by a long, long way. The population of Idaho is 27% Mormon. The population of Nevada is 6.7% Mormon. Apparently the 93.3% of its citizens who are not Mormon must be voting for Reid, too.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:55 PM

20,897 posts, read 6,623,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16trillionandcounting View Post
What is true is often also funny.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:57 PM

24,881 posts, read 11,393,299 times
Quote:
He has stated he won't even bring the audit the fed bill up for a vote...why does 1 moronic pos have the power to decide what comes up for a vote or not? Man this pisses me off.

Federal Reserve Audit Bill Overwhelmingly Passes The House

Are you in Nevada?

Your profile doesn't list its location.

If you aren't in Nevada, shut up about what other states do and who they elect.

I don't like a lot of what other states elect, but I don't live there. I can vote for my representation.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:12 PM

432 posts, read 234,315 times
Quote:
He has stated he won't even bring the audit the fed bill up for a vote...why does 1 moronic pos have the power to decide what comes up for a vote or not? Man this pisses me off.

Federal Reserve Audit Bill Overwhelmingly Passes The House

Not for nothing but don't the GOP do the same thing? I recall alot of Democrat bills that don't get brought up for vote or get killed with a filibuster.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:28 PM

1,395 posts, read 558,995 times
Quote:
Well he got re elected last time because the tea party fools put up a radical right winger against him instead of someone people would truly elect...
What's a right winger?

Old 07-26-2012, 04:23 PM

3,421 posts, read 1,245,201 times
I'm happy reid is not bringing this to the senate. This is nothing but a witch hunt. If it was romney instead of obama, nobody would be talking about an audit of the federal reserve.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:29 PM

7,100 posts, read 2,061,058 times
Reid gets re-elected solely on the backs of the SEIU. Nevada is a tourism state for the most part. Service workers make up a huge percentage of the electorate. The sheeple in Nevada vote the way the union tells them to. The only solution is to vote in more republicans (which kinda makes me gag too) in order to gain the majority in the Senate so just maybe some legislation can be passed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies