Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 09:55 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
There are lots of people running around with warrants out there IMO that vote Democrat and they can't show government ID because they would be refused or captured. There is that issue as well.
Not a coincidence that thieves vote for the party of thievery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 03:33 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Photo ID should be used to be able to vote.

What if your photo ID is expired?

Old 07-26-2012, 03:38 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Almost every action in the US requires ID. It's ridiculous to consider that voting shouldn't require ID.

Heck, I had to show ID to get a library card when I moved last summer to a new city.
Had to show an ID to get the utility bill switched over.
Had to show an ID to open bank accounts.
Had to show an ID for my cell phone contract.

I just don't see how anyone can exist for all these years with NO ID and be able to survive.

I've used expired ID many times without anyone batting an eye. Exactly what problem does not allowing expired ID for voting address?

Old 07-26-2012, 04:17 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,656,633 times
In Virginia, I just got a brocure/voter registration form from the NRA. It was addressed to my long deceased father. What are they trying to do? Register dead Republicans.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:24 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
In Virginia, I just got a brocure/voter registration form from the NRA. It was addressed to my long deceased father. What are they trying to do? Register dead Republicans.
They probably were not informed of your fathers demise. At one time or another he was probably a member in good standing of the NRA and they are trying to get those people out to vote.........I am sure that if you notify them, you will cease getting voter registration forms for him.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:31 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I registered in my county to vote about 2 months ago through a voter registration drive. I filled all the paperwork out. I registered as unaffiliated. About two weeks later I started getting spam mail from the democratic party pushing for me to vote for Obama. I went on to my state's voter registration website and looked up my information and that "voter drive" changed the information I wrote on my application to something that I did not put on there. I know I didn't put it on there because the address that they have down for me is not an official address.

I've written to my state's Board of Elections and asked them to look into this because it seems real fishy considering I know what my official address is very well and have no question in my mind what it should be. What they put down could only have happened because someone changed my information.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:42 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Funny their excuse is they bought mailing lists that had those names on them
I have worked with mailing lists for telemarketing years ago and you do not get mailing lists with pets on them now occasionally a deceased person for obvious reasons. But never pets or children.
Bet money that these are registered voters they are trying to reconnect with.

Oh and you can bet the Capitol one Credit card someone tried to use their pets name to get one probably because they had bad credit.

Hundreds of complaints have been filed in regards to the nonprofit group Voter Participation Center’s errant mailings to primarily Demcorat leaning voting blocs
The organization has been mass-mailing the forms — pre-populated with key information such as names and addresses — to primarily Democratic-leaning voting blocs such as young adults, unmarried women, African-Americans and Latinos.
Their numbers reflected 15,026 new voters being registered as of July 18.

Read more: Dems Caught Trying to Register Deceased Voters and Pets! : Freedom Outpost

No, Democrats Aren’t Trying To Register Kids And Dogs To Vote
So how did cats, dogs and kids get on the list to begin with? Much like direct mail companies, the center obtained commercial mailing lists of Virginia residents from various vendors. The same thing occasionally happens with credit card applications — Capitol One offered a Canadian dog that had been dead for over 10 years a $30,000 line of credit.

Romney Cries Fraud On Virginia Voter Registration Campaign | TPMMuckraker
Wild and unsupported claims from a no name blog? Check.

Breathless over the top hype by partisan actors? Check.

Spurious claims without any evidence what so ever? Check.

OK, let's have a link to a major news source which actually practices what we call journalism instead of a link to a no name blog which (looking at their website) tends to make a lot of false over the top claims.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:46 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
If I take my Irish Setter up to Va, can I get him a driver's license? Sometimes I get tired on long road trips.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:04 AM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Most states control voters registration. Looks to me like states could use some help telling a dog from a person. Just because some fool fills out a card using their dog's name, does not mean the state has to register the dog, or dead person.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:07 AM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Almost every action in the US requires ID. It's ridiculous to consider that voting shouldn't require ID.

Heck, I had to show ID to get a library card when I moved last summer to a new city.
Had to show an ID to get the utility bill switched over.
Had to show an ID to open bank accounts.
Had to show an ID for my cell phone contract.

I just don't see how anyone can exist for all these years with NO ID and be able to survive.
Bet you don't need a photo ID to buy an AK-47 at a gun show, or to sell it to your neighbor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies