Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 12:09 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,678,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Go ahead.. Most of us have enough stockpilled to take us into the next century.. Anyway, there are so many means of importing ammunition from foreign markets and it's cheap enough and easy to get smuggled in... Make what you want of it.. Those are the facts....

red flags everywhere..^^^ a bullet should cost at least 12 dollars to pay for all the medical bills of the inocent people that get shot..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Since I don't shoot I'm not sure how much bullets cost but it wouldn't be a bad start to make them a little more costly and measure the effect that has. If they aren't being used to shoot at people or hunting then they are being used for sport (firing ranges, etc)...which isn't important to me to be honest. I mean, I don't care if someones hobby is costly, lot's of them are.

holmes payed 3000 dollars for 6000 thousand rounds.. 50 cents a bullet

Old 07-26-2012, 12:13 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,905,903 times
Quote:
Oh, I see.. You would like to create a black market and criminalize everyone who obtains ammunition illegally.... Brilliant... Hope you enjoy the tax increases to incarcerate us all....
1) Stand up comedy act from years ago
2) It's stand up comedy. As in jokes. As in make people laugh.

There is a specific reason why people are called gun nuts and extremists.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:16 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,901,714 times
Lets accept your premise of $12 per round. At that rate, he still could have bought 250 rounds... More than enough to do what he did... I have a better idea... Let's start charging $500 for a violent video game and $250 for entry into any movie that includes any violence....

Old 07-26-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Oh, I see.. You would like to create a black market and criminalize everyone who obtains ammunition illegally.... Brilliant... Hope you enjoy the tax increases to incarcerate us all....

no problem never bought a bullet in me whole life,, but i do have to pay big for cigs and weed though

Old 07-26-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
1) Stand up comedy act from years ago
2) It's stand up comedy. As in jokes. As in make people laugh.

There is a specific reason why people are called gun nuts and extremists.
Oh I understand that Chris Rock was joking... Unfortunately there are those that take jokes and try to turn them into reality...

Old 07-26-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Oh I understand that Chris Rock was joking... Unfortunately there are those that take jokes and try to turn them into reality...
chris rock might have been joking but i'm not.!!!!

lots of inocent people get shot, a high tax on bullets would go to medical bills of innocent people that get shot by gun crazies.. simple as that...

Old 07-26-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
chris rock might have been joking but i'm not.!!!!

lots of inocent people get shot, a high tax on bullets would go to medical bills of innocent people that get shot by gun crazies.. simple as that...
And I think they should raise the cost of your cigarettes another $40 a pack.. Look at the devistating costs smokers pass on to innocent people by means of second hand smoke. Look again at the violence created by those who smoke marijuana..
Why do you think there are so many killings in and around our Mexican border. If you didn't smoke it and there was no demand then the killings would end. As such you are contributing to both problems...And I'm not joking either.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:34 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,244,082 times
How would that discourage anyone from buying ammunition? You can make your own. I've done it for the hunting rifle I shoot.

there are tons of guides on how to do so:
How To Make Your Own Ammo: Part I

Old 07-26-2012, 12:35 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,905,903 times
Quote:
My comment was definitely not towards you. Those folks are too busy stocking up on more ammo before the rate hike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies