Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 02:41 PM

1,403 posts, read 937,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
there is no reason to drive faster than 100 mph.. give me one good reason to drive 100 mph??? exept for police, ambulances,and race track drivers..
Just for fun. I have done it many times mostly on the interstate following other people but its an adrenaline rush. The bigger question is why should I need permission to ask to drive fast?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 02:42 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Fun. Good is relative.

i knew that would be the answere so driving at 100 mph on a highway for fun endangering people lives warrants a good reason to drive 100 mph,, i got it...

Old 07-26-2012, 02:43 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
That's because of the speed limit. You don't go 100 because your not allowed to.

If there was no speed limit (or minimum) you would have people going 100, 150, 70, 60, 45 etc. Can the current infrastructure handle people driving at random speeds? Seriously? What about no speed limits in neighborhoods where kids are playing?

I say the hell with it. Dump all laws. Murder, drugs, alcohol, speed limits, drinking and driving and let Darwin sort everything out. Sound good?
Still need some rules. Here would be a good place to start. Rules for driving on the autobahn. Works there.

Eight Rules for Driving on the German Autobahn - Feature - Car and Driver

Old 07-26-2012, 02:45 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
i knew that would be the answere so driving at 100 mph on a highway for fun endangering people lives warrants a good reason to drive 100 mph,, i got it...
IF you knew the answer, why ask the question? See my post on rules for driving on the autobahn.

I love to drive fast. I have never been in a wreck. Unfortunately, if you drive over the speed limit even slightly where I live, you will have Bufford T. Justice up your arse.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:45 PM

1,403 posts, read 937,346 times
Quote:
You can be endangered by simply sitting in your home. Could have a heart attack or car could crash through the wall or someone could bust your door down and shoot you. Why live as scared little subjects when we can live our lives to the fullest. I do say though if you want to drive fast then you should be willing to accept consequences of anything that may happen when you are driving fast.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:46 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Hell no.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:49 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Sooner or later I'm sure we'll get our Great anti-Motorcycle Crusade. I'm surprised it hasn't happened already when you can go out and get a bike that will do almost 200 mph for the price of a Hyundai. In my state (WA) you're not even legally required to have insurance for a bike.

Right now guns and 20 oz sugary drinks are the priority, though. There's only so many crusaders to go around.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:49 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Heck no, gives us Harley riders someone to laugh at!!!

Old 07-26-2012, 02:50 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Still need some rules. Here would be a good place to start. Rules for driving on the autobahn. Works there.

I have no problem with no speed limit as long as the infrastructure can handle it but keep in mind the Autobahn isn't a no speed limit free for all. There are areas in which the government regulates the speed limit for safety reasons. Most of that is where there are rapid exits and entrance ramps.

Most of the highways in the US couldn't support not having a speed limit. 3 lanes at a minimum with the left being passing only would make sense but only where 1) it's only right hand exit ramps and 2) there would have to be ample signage for the speed demons to know their exit is coming up.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:51 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancap View Post
You can be endangered by simply sitting in your home. Could have a heart attack or car could crash through the wall or someone could bust your door down and shoot you. Why live as scared little subjects when we can live our lives to the fullest. I do say though if you want to drive fast then you should be willing to accept consequences of anything that may happen when you are driving fast.

that is no doubt the lamest ecuse i've ever read on this forum ill give it a five smack rating
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies