Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2012, 10:45 AM

15,864 posts, read 21,441,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Can you imagine if Kathy Giffin said this about one of Obama's daughters...
1. Obama's daughters are significantly younger
2. Obama's daughters are on TV in a very minimal way
3. If Obama's daughters were throwing around slurs on TV, the internet, etc, I would expect people to come down on them.

You know right from wrong before you are 18 - you are often legally accountable for those decisions before you are 18. It's unfortunate that the children of politicians are used as fodder before they are old enough, but they have a CHOICE about what they say. Willow made a choice. She is now an adult - she needs to put on her big girl panties and either take accountability for the things that she says or bow out.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:46 AM

37,186 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I guess you've never heard of perks or benefits.

Birth control pills don't just fall off shelves into someone's hands. When birth control pills are added to policies, premiums go up for everybody. That means I'm paying for her to screw around.

It's very simple logic but eludes a lot of people, obviously. If she wants to screw around, she needs to pay for it herself and not ask everyone else to support her disgusting lifestyle.

I guess it's more of that rocket science stuff. One needs to have an IQ over 50 to get it.

Damn!
Birth control pills are cheaper than welfare. Which would you rather pay for?

Or do you think she ought to get knocked up out of wedlock like her mother and sister and get a reality show to suport the bastard child?

Old 07-29-2012, 10:46 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Her 17-year-old daughter didn't make that choice; legally 17 year-olds are not allowed to make those choices. No 17-year-old should have those things said about her. Would you want your child ridiculed for your actions? People get thrust in the public eye, whether they want it or not, all the time without meaning to. Where do we draw the line?
I make the decisions about where my kids live, where they go to school etc.

Blame her mother.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:47 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
She is indeed. She was born in 1994 and on Sarah Palin's own Facebook page, she spoke about celebrating Willow's birthday around the 4th of July.
You mean a right winger (the OP) got the facts wrong? How utterly surprising.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:50 AM

15,864 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You mean a right winger (the OP) got the facts wrong? How utterly surprising.
Since Sarah Palin doesn't specifically mention what birthday Willow is celebrating, here is US for Palin's birthday wishes. Happy 18th Birthday, Willow Palin

And to be fair, a lot of people have it wrong. It just goes to show how much research that right wing media puts into it's stories. It took me about 2 minutes to get this information.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:53 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Kathy used to be far more funny. I remember her way back at the Laugh Factory in Hollywood years ago and she was great.
The beginning of the D-list show was good.

Then her then husband ripped her off and left. She got very bitter, her comedy got mean IMO and she decided to get far more political.
To me, Kathy can't come up with the material and is left to do insult comedy on political targets of the right these days.
She is lacking the material and funny stuff the last few years and she has IMO lost her mojo!

Old 07-29-2012, 10:55 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I don't see much difference. Sorry.

Actually, I think Piper's the real ***** of the family.
I think Piper's freakin' adorable!

At least she was every time I saw her paraded out on stage during the '08 campaign. By now, she may be just another attention loving Palin. Which makes me sad because she was such a little cutie.

As for what Kathy Griffin said - no, not appropriate, not ok. But Willow is following in her mommy and sister's footsteps by putting herself out in the public eye. Nobody is forcing her to take part in her sister's stupid reality show(s).

And, unfortunately, that makes her a target for stupid comedy routines by stupid comedians.

But I'm not going to get too upset over a comedy routine. After all, it's not like Griffin waged a three day assault on her, you know, demanding sex tapes and all. We sure didn't see much outrage from the right over that now, did we? No, in fact I'll bet that some here who are so offended by what Griffin said are probably some of the same people who were posting that not only was it OK for Limp-dick to say those things, they actually agreed with him.

You can't have it both ways, you know. Well, unless you're a conservative hypocrite, that is.

Besides, I agree with the poster who said that Willow is probably thrilled that she was mentioned in that manner. I don't think any of the Palins ever met attention they didn't like (while pretending otherwise).

Old 07-29-2012, 10:56 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
It would not matter if they were using such terms to describe a 30 year old- it's disgraceful...to call a young person who is only 17 such things is worse....even if these things were true- you do not do it if you have any class- talk about cheap shots from cheap people.
Yet your side tends to think the 17 year old who got shot in Florida was a dumb ****** that deserved it.

Go figure!

Old 07-29-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
But you can't compare the number of liberals who do this to anyone else. Liberals out number them 10 to 1 if not more.
Proof?

Old 07-29-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
By the way I'm no Coulter fan she does nothing for me she dated Maher, thats enough to question most of what she says.
He dated Maher????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies