Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 06:01 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,849,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
No, I do not. Why would I?

Oh well, your comment isn't worth much anyway since it's so off topic.
What is the topic? Cheney being a war criminal or the fact Palin was a bonafide idiot who should never have gotten the VP slot?

Old 07-29-2012, 06:02 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,745,522 times
first picking palin was a great move as it energized mccains campaign and actually gave him a chance at winning the election. the problem is that the mccain campaign held palin back rather than turning her loose, and then when they lost they blamed palin for the loss when it was mccain that lost the election through his own stupidity, and his lack of vision and aggressiveness in campaigning.

second, how do you figure that chenny is a war criminal?

Old 07-29-2012, 06:06 PM

1,403 posts, read 935,278 times
McCain was a mistake as well. Should have went with Ron Paul and we would have never had Obama.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:07 PM

414 posts, read 344,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
first picking palin was a great move as it energized mccains campaign and actually gave him a chance at winning the election. the problem is that the mccain campaign held palin back rather than turning her loose, and then when they lost they blamed palin for the loss when it was mccain that lost the election through his own stupidity, and his lack of vision and aggressiveness in campaigning.

second, how do you figure that chenny is a war criminal?
You are absolutely right on your assessment of what McCain and his advisors did to Palin. I campaigned for her.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:10 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,745,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancap View Post
McCain was a mistake as well. Should have went with Ron Paul and we would have never had Obama.
yes mccain was a mistake also, unfortunately ron paul would also have been a mistake as he is too extreme the other way. romney has proven he can win against democrats, but romney and huckabee split the real conservative vote, and mccain took the moderate and liberal votes which is what won him the nomination.

that said, i doubt that any republican could have won in 2008.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:13 PM

1,403 posts, read 935,278 times
Yeah I thought about that afterwords...to many people were drunk with the thought of a black man in office no matter we didn't know jack crap about him.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:27 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,923,168 times
McCain was dead in the water, until he brought in Palin. Perhaps she wasn't the best pick, but in the short term she energized a dead campaign. Did her nomination have some downside? Yes, because she energized McCains campaign, she was attacked by the media and dismantled. The media had already decided for the american public that Obama would be the next president and they would go to any extreme to discredit Palin and did so. Would Governor Palin have made a good VP? She like any candidate would have a learning curve. I don't think however her learning curve would have been as large to overcome as has been Mr Obamas.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:29 PM

156 posts, read 195,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
What is the topic? Cheney being a war criminal or the fact Palin was a bonafide idiot who should never have gotten the VP slot?
So considering drone strikes and meddlesome regime changes, Obama is not a war criminal? Or Bill Clinton? Mr. Panetta? You forgot Rumsfeld.

As for Palin, she was not a mistake. She was purposely chosen so that Obama would be legitimized as a solid presidential candidate and to give a questionable pause to GOPers when he 'won', who could tell she was rather simple-minded in her wit-less appearances. Partisan hacks with no sound view of politics will demure and abate, but there you have it. After W, the GOP wing of the government knew they could elect no one else which is the entire point to the Obam/Biden win, as Mr. Obama is untouchable no matter the amount of flak he receives and the ACA has been wanted since 1993 by both of these seemingly opposite parties.

Sadly, people think partisanship has something to do with our three-year budgetary gridlock. It does not. Collusion isn't the same in reality as it is on reality TV but the scripts look similiar.

Pretty nice game when you can use citizen's predispositions to further your aims by clandestinely supporting anathema to make it seem like you've lost. Who do you think owns all those health industry-related stocks, anyway?

Old 07-29-2012, 06:30 PM

156 posts, read 195,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
No, I do not. Why would I?

Oh well, your comment isn't worth much anyway since it's so off topic.
Snipey, you're first line declared Mr. Cheney a war criminal. Please.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:33 PM

414 posts, read 344,229 times
Apparently Dick Cheney's wife disagrees with him about Sarah Palin.

Tweet from Liz Cheney:

Liz Cheney

‏@Liz_Cheney
Rarely do I disagree with best VP ever but @SarahPalinUSA more qualified than Obama and Biden combined. Huge respect 4 all she's done 4 GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.