Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 03:05 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,665,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Indeed so.

It is amazing what people are willing to post on a public forum....as though the entirety of the audience is made up of Fox News program writers and directors. Outsourcing is economic treason and we need it like we need another 911.

You obviously don't know what outsourcing is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 03:05 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,038,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Oh, indeed. C-D is loaded with shills, paid by the post. Gets worse just prior to any election.

Yup. Witness the "giant sucking sound" foretold by Ross Perot - 20 years ago.
Someone has to stand up against you folks that want to push jobs offshore.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:14 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,660,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Oh, indeed. C-D is loaded with shills, paid by the post. Gets worse just prior to any election.

Yup. Witness the "giant sucking sound" foretold by Ross Perot - 20 years ago.
With the current strategy being an attempt to smother truth with a pissing contest over the definition of outsourcing.

Everyone knows what the OP meant.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:20 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,850,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
People like to complain about moving jobs off shore but would complain even more if they had to pay $800 for a pair of shoes or $10,000 for a 42" TV.
Our material standard of living would drop like a rock if we shut our borders.

Quote:
It is amazing what people are willing to post on a public forum....as though the entirety of the audience is made up of Fox News program writers and directors.
And here you lose your credibility. When someone pulls the "Fox News" card it usually means they don't have much of an argument.

Quote:
Outsourcing is economic treason and we need it like we need another 911.
And I'm sure you vote against it with your wallet.

All emotion and no facts from you people. Nothing about the economic realities, just rants about evil CEOs and economic "treason".

It's a global economy, and America has profited from it for the last 50 years. You can't just take your ball and go home now.

Make an economic argument against free trade that considers more than one angle.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:23 PM

10,567 posts, read 12,783,847 times
Treason of all kinds seems the norm these days....From murder through fraud - such as the weapons of mass destruction that caused the loss of American and Iraqi lives and prosperity....Too out sourcing- There is an elite that jerks American citizens as if they were dumb animals..Treason as the administration stood by and did nothing when BP Oil poisoned the Gulf of Mexico...

A criminal elite have taken over and are plundering not just other nations but their own nation- mad men are in charge.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:23 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,038,668 times
Quote:
With the current strategy being an attempt to smother truth with a pissing contest over the definition of outsourcing.

Everyone knows what the OP meant.
Yes, the OP is using induction to make outsourcing look bad because one form (a very small part) of outsourcing (called offshoring) has a negative impact on the economy.

That would be like saying that since Lincoln was a great president, all Republicans are great presidents. And that's FAR from the truth.

It's completely garbage how you people are trying to twist things around. It doesn't work like that.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:34 PM

79 posts, read 225,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Why is the term protectionism considered dirty..That is is bad to hold up your arm to ward off a blow...or to make sure your family is fed before the ones across the street........The heads of corporations do not need a collection of 12 Porche cars in their huge garage. Nor do they need a home in five nations...Why do people think that if a nation makes you rich- you owe nothing to your nation of origin......that built you----

It is like me working for a company - giving it all my loyalty- my youth and energy- my ideas....then once they are crapping in gold plated toilet bowls - they dump you like a graduating law student that tosses out his waitress girl friend who slaved to put him through law school.

Ungrateful pigs....no one likes getting used. To justify this greed and disloyalty through the mantra of free enterprise and Darwinian idiocy - Is not a support of capitalism- but the destruction of it.
Beautifully said!

Old 08-04-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Yes, the OP is using induction to make outsourcing look bad because one form (a very small part) of outsourcing (called offshoring) has a negative impact on the economy.

That would be like saying that since Lincoln was a great president, all Republicans are great presidents. And that's FAR from the truth.

It's completely garbage how you people are trying to twist things around. It doesn't work like that.
I am doing nothing of the sort. I would like to know how you can call the loss of 8 to 10 million stable American manufacturing jobs over the past decade a 'very small part'. Or the 51,000+ manufacturing plant closings. You are free to look up the statistics on the BLS. This is not a small matter. These are jobs that have held together the very fabric of our communities, and they are gone, and not coming back.

Do you call 20% unemployed a 'very small part' of the population too? Oh, I get it. The unemployed are to blame; they just need to pull themselves up by the bootstraps.

Maybe you forgot what happened in 2008, but I haven't. Integrity and 'community' have been replaced by greed and Darwinian idiocy (as another poster--Oleg Bach--so elegantly put it. They cost America dearly. Well, the people (in case you have not noticed) have had enough. Idiots (with no morals) are running the country and our businesses, and we are on to them. We don't like the way they play the game.

Here's a refresher course for you: 10 businesses that paid no taxes (the list is a few years old, but very representative). If I don't pay my taxes, it's called 'tax evasion'. If a business does it, they're just clever.

RIIIIGHT...

1. Google
2. News Corp.
3. Boeing
4. Pfizer
5. Oracle
6. Altria
7. IBM
8. Time Warner
9. Morgan Stanley
10. Microsoft

Old 08-04-2012, 11:07 PM

10,567 posts, read 12,783,847 times
PLUNDER....when did it become the legal norm...Did the pirates take over while I was asleep?

Old 08-04-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Correct!

People like to complain about moving jobs off shore but would complain even more if they had to pay $800 for a pair of shoes or $10,000 for a 42" TV.
Au contraire, there are a good number of Apple / Mac fans who are having second thoughts about buying the products, as more and more comes to light about places like FoxConn. I would have no problem paying more for quality U.S.-made goods, or paying more so the worker in China has a reasonable work experience. Though I doubt shoes (under any scenario) would cost me $800 or a television $10 grand.

I also have no problem with companies taking measures to reduce their costs, whether that be through off shoring, outsourcing, or other measures. What I have a problem with is the scale of it, and the complete lack of regard for how their singular drive for profit (at any cost) is ruining THIS country. Maybe you have not noticed, but three out of four Americans lives at or below the poverty line. It wasn't always this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies