Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 04:26 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,266,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
If it was genuine I could understand, but it is so superficial and staged on his part. I would think the Israelis would be more insulted than anything else!
Israel is one country we want to stay friendly with especially if this thing with Syria blows up. No pun intended. Why would the Israelis be insulted?? Personally, I think it just might be important to keep them on our good side..Syria could be in for a huge wake up call over this weapons thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 04:28 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Tel Aviv is not the capital of Israel. The fact that US chooses to have its embassy in Tel Aviv does not make Tel Aviv the capital of Israel. Jerusalem is the capital and that is where the Israeli Government is located. The Israeli Government decides where its capital is (not the USA or any other non-Israeli entity).
Absolutely!

Old 07-31-2012, 04:35 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
If it was genuine I could understand, but it is so superficial and staged on his part. I would think the Israelis would be more insulted than anything else!
"He who blesses Israel is blessed, he who curses Israel is cursed..."

Old 07-31-2012, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Why did Obama kiss up to the Middle East on his apology tour?
Obama kisses up to all of our enemies, while he disrespects our allies.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Tel Aviv is the internationally recognized capital of Israel and it is where the US has its embassy.

You are confusing fact and right wing fantasy.
Well, let's see what Isralies say, shall we? Here, educate yourself:

"Israel designated Jerusalem as its capital in 1950, yet most countries maintain their embassies in Tel Aviv due to ongoing political debate with the Palestinians."
Capital of Israel: Jerusalem or Tel Aviv? | United with Israel

Old 07-31-2012, 08:10 AM

632 posts, read 1,180,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"Kissing up?" Are you anti-Semitic? Israel is and always has been our cosest ally in the Middle East. Obama has disrespected Israel, which is no surprise, given his Muslim upbringing (attended a private Muslim school in Kenya). Obama is more Muslim than Christian (he isn't really Christian at all... it is a ruse).

As a Christian, I support Israel. We are Jews by adoption, grafted in by the blood of Christ.

Israel is not the problem. Islam is.
Nice! Someone who disagrees with the policies of Israel or doesn't like the fact that there is a strong pro-Israel lobby in America that is the cause of so much strife in the world is considered an anti-Semitic person?

If you feel so strongly about Israel, move there. Or, sign them a check from your paycheck and personally send it to them because I want MY tax dollars to support AMERICA and NOT some foreign country that is fully capable of standing on its two feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Of course, he'd rather throw working Americans under the bus.
Which he will do but all you well here from crazy right-wingers (wannabe Conservatives) is silence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Hey! It took 19 posts to get the first knee-jerk 'Jew Hater!' accusation from those who are unable to understand the difference between a country and a religion.
Yep, people like him tend to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Every presidential candidate has to lick Zionist tushy. It's part of the game. The Israelis don't give a crap so long as they get their $3B per annum and first crack at our latest military gear.
Too bad that's something most Americans don't acknowledge yet they want to moan and complain about government wasting tax dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
"Why is Romney kissing up to Israel?"

Every presidential candidate "kisses up" to Israel. What Romney is doing is a full on blow job.
LMAO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by transatlantic View Post
LOL! If so many little old ladies didn't retire from NY to swing-state FL and the sunshine of Boca Raton, Israel would already have been forced to make peace with the Palestinians.
LOL! The problem with our country is we have too many idiots who can't think for themselves and vote based on emotions or what someone tells them.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:06 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,423 times
Even if there are *some* American voters currently in Israel, I think it's unorthodox for a presidential candidate to go campaigning in foreign countries. And now, he's in Poland. He's in suit and tie, making speeches, not exactly going there for a vacation. I just think it's a bit presumptuous for someone who isn't even president yet to go around acting like he's representing us abroad like that.
With all those travel expenses, no wonder presidential campaigns are so expensive.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:23 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
There is no country called "Palestine."
But there could be.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:25 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancap View Post
That's because its not. Its the capitol of Palestine.
there is no such country of palistine

palistine is a REGION( a state on the OTTOMAN empire)...the so called palistinians are syrians and jordainians

what was palistine( a STATE in the Ottoman empire) is now Jordan....Jordan (first called Trans-Jordan) is the Arab-"Palestinian" State,...not israel

Though they may call themselves "Jordanians," they are culturally, ethnically, historically and religiously no different than the Arab-"Palestinians" on the "West Bank." Even the flag of Jordan and the flag of the proposed 2nd Arab-Palestinian state on the West Bank / Gaza look almost identical. So, if the Arab-Palestinians and Jordanians think of themselves as one and the same, why should WE fall for the lie that the Arab Palestinians west of the Jordan River are any different from the Jordanian Arabs on its eastern shore?

even the term palestine:
The term "Palestinian" itself had referred to Israeli Jews back in the 1940s, and had been slowly deconstructed and redefined to refer to the Arabs in the West Bank and Gaza.

even the 'palistinians' themselves say that the state of palistine DOES NOT EXIST
On March 31, 1977 in the Dutch newspaper Trouw, in an interview with PLO executive committee member, Zahir Muhsein said:

“The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, ‘Palestinians’, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct ‘Palestinian people’ to oppose Zionism.”

Arafat himself asserted the same principle on many occasions. In his authorized biography he says, “The Palestinian people have no national identity. I, Yasir Arafat, man of destiny, will give them that identity through conflict with Israel.”.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:33 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Save your condesention. I know Jews, and what they believe, and we have had Jews in the several churches we have attended over the years. I am not stupid!

Because you say the Bible is a fairy tale book discredits all that you might say.

It's clear that you hate Jews.

You know Jews because you had a few Jews visit your church. I doubt very seriously that you have met very many orthodox Jews, if the only Jews you have met were in your Church. I doubt that Orthodox Jews would set foot in a Christian Chruch. To them that would be blasphemy.

Here is just a little bit of information as to how the Orthodox Jews feel about Jesus. IF you don't believe it, take a visit to Israel and ask an Orthodox Jew for yourself. Go to the wailing wall and ask one of the Orthodox Jews praying there about Jesus and Christianity. I think you will be in for a rude awakening.

Talmud Unmasked Part One

I am technically Jewish. I am not however an Orthodox Jew. Frankly, those people scare me. You can't Judge all Jews by the right wing orthodoxy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies