Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 10:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

One mans stupidity, causes everyone else to lose their freedom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 10:32 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Guy's an idiot with an agenda. I'd have carried concealed. It's just as easy. when you carry open, you want people to see it. Right now that is a stupid thing to do. Basicly scare the sheep and give gun owners a bad name. He screwed both ends of the pooch. Nothing but an Attention *****.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:41 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
if you scream bomb on a plane you got problems,, walking into a theater with a gun right now is as stupid..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Well that guy was asking for it I think. Not the most brilliant thing to do right now.
A stupid thing to do "right now"????? Now is THE best time to arm yourself in a theater. With the threat of nutjob copy-cats out there who might see this guy as some kind of figure to emulate, I would be glad to have someone who was armed go to the movies with me. The added safety would be most welcomed.

How might the colorado situation have turned out diferenly if there had been someone there who was armed? { other than the shooter that is}

Old 07-31-2012, 12:10 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
A stupid thing to do "right now"????? Now is THE best time to arm yourself in a theater. With the threat of nutjob copy-cats out there who might see this guy as some kind of figure to emulate, I would be glad to have someone who was armed go to the movies with me. The added safety would be most welcomed.

How might the colorado situation have turned out diferenly if there had been someone there who was armed? { other than the shooter that is}
How do you know who is the armed "good guy" vs the armed "bad guy"? Usually, when someone walks in with a gun you duck. I can only imagine how uneasy people would be seeing someone they don't know walk toward them with a weapon no matter what the intention. There is also the risk of a "hero" seeing a gun and assuming the worst and doing something stupid. I don't know what the answer is.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:13 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancap View Post
Colorado man arrested for openly carrying gun in movie theater | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

God what a nosy ******. I can't stand this see something say something snitch type country. Dumb broad could have caused a damn riot.
Maybe they were profiling, the guy looks like one of those crazed McVeigh Militia types.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:17 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Is open carry legal there? It isn't everywhere.

Did the theater have a strict "no gun" policy?

Irresponsible gun owners give everyone a bad name. Oh, and that's idiot at political rallies with his AR15, yeah, your an idiot making the rest of us look bad.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:22 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ask the Iraqis.
Oops, none of them flew a plane.
Yet over 100,000 are dead.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:24 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Millions of voters stupidity certainly can.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:25 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
stupid moron. good for him to get arrested.

gives the rest of us who own and properly use guns a bad name

Old 07-31-2012, 12:30 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
How do you know who is the armed "good guy" vs the armed "bad guy"? Usually, when someone walks in with a gun you duck. I can only imagine how uneasy people would be seeing someone they don't know walk toward them with a weapon no matter what the intention. There is also the risk of a "hero" seeing a gun and assuming the worst and doing something stupid. I don't know what the answer is.
Usually, huh? How many times have you actually been somewhere when someone walked in with a gun? My guess is never, and you don't know anyone who honestly has either.

What happens when I see someone walk in with a holstered gun? I look to see what kind it is and what kind of holster. I certainly don't scream and hide under a table.

This guy openly carried a firearm in a county where it isn't legal to do so, so he choose to break the law and deserved to be arrested. Maybe he'll be a test case to get state wide concealed carry instead of county by county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies