Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 07:32 PM

220 posts, read 475,342 times

Advertisements

I'm not going to point out any specific race but in all of my years of management, "they" have been the worst group of people, hands down. I am of this race and since I can hire, I have hired a lot of "them", trying to give my own race opportunities but it never fails, they ALWAYS disappoint me.

They show up late and than get mad when I don't let them leave early. Then half the time they take extra long breaks and when they aren't doing the above 2, they DO NOT show up for work.

It is very painful to watch this. Especially with all of the stereotypes, you'd think "we" would do whatever possible to NOT live up to them. This has been so heartbreaking over the years that I really want to leave management. Why? Because it would be illegal to practice discrimination. Yes, I would discriminate against my own race. I've seen it over and over and over, my own race makes me sick!!!

It's the laziness and lack of work ethic that prevents "us" from getting ahead. I'm sorry but it's true. I've never seen nor have I ever worked around so many lazy and non ambitious people in my life.

It just breaks my heart!!

Last edited by TheHitman; 07-30-2012 at 07:42 PM..

Old 07-30-2012, 07:33 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,188,547 times
Uh-O this will bring them out of the woodwork...

Where's my popcorn?

Old 07-30-2012, 07:36 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Well that's ok, I gave up taking on any college intern about 3 years ago. They would rather sit in an office and play on their phone or check Facebook then do work. And then try to hide it when you come by to check. They treated the job like it was schoolwork..to be avoided at all costs and yet get credit for it.

And there's no discrimination in interns..they come in all colors.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well that's ok, I gave up taking on any college intern about 3 years ago. They would rather sit in an office and play on their phone or check Facebook then do work. And then try to hide it when you come by to check. They treated the job like it was schoolwork..to be avoided at all costs and yet get credit for it.

And there's no discrimination in interns..they come in all colors.

I get that coming from some college kid but not ADULTS in their 30's,40's...etc......

Old 07-30-2012, 07:45 PM

430 posts, read 1,192,098 times
This VERY same thing happens at my school and neighborhood all the time, i'm glad I don't act remotely like them. Total failure at life seems to be acceptable and comfortable for them because that is all they've grown up with since birth. It's the only thing they know and it's the norm, all I have to say is I used to live in the good part of the city, now I live in a mostly minority neighborhood and no one seems to care about their future what so ever. It irritates and baffles me at the same time.

Last edited by Mister Miaugie; 07-30-2012 at 08:38 PM..

Old 07-30-2012, 07:48 PM

19,008 posts, read 14,186,291 times
It's the common sense result of a system that penalizes the productive and rewards the non-productive. Anyone with half a brain wants to be in the recipient class, and shun the donor class.

If the tables were turned, I suspect behavior would adjust accordingly.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:49 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,663,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitman View Post
I'm not going to point out any specific race but in all of my years of management, "they" have been the worst group of people, hands down. I am of this race and since I can hire, I have hired a lot of "them", trying to give my own race opportunities but it never fails, they ALWAYS disappoint me.

They show up late and than get mad when I don't let them leave early. Then half the time they take extra long breaks and when they aren't doing the above 2, they DO NOT show up for work.

It is very painful to watch this. Especially with all of the stereotypes, you'd think "we" would do whatever possible to NOT live up to them. This has been so heartbreaking over the years that I really want to leave management. Why? Because it would be illegal to practice discrimination. Yes, I would discriminate against my own race. I've seen it over and over and over, my own race makes me sick!!!

It's the laziness and lack of work ethic that prevents "us" from getting ahead. I'm sorry but it's true. I've never seen nor have I ever worked around so many lazy and non ambitious people in my life.

Thank you, Mr. Cosby.

Affirmative action needs to go.....now!

P.S. I'm wondering how long before the OP comes along and says he fooled us.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Thank you, Mr. Cosby.

Affirmative action needs to go.....now!

P.S. I'm wondering how long before the OP comes along and says he fooled us.

What does AA have to do with anything?

Old 07-30-2012, 08:35 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,272,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitman View Post

Clone High - Say What - YouTube

Old 07-30-2012, 08:36 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,934,265 times
Race or minority matters not. I see that in 80% of the working population. Whole movie and TV franchises have been made based in that subject matter. Very few people in general have a strong work ethic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.