Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2012, 12:55 AM

441 posts, read 501,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I have to say this fear that runs through some people. Well, in the incredibly small chance that my home were to be invaded while my family was there, why would me getting a gun and having a shoot out be any less dangerous than not having a gun and attempting to get out of the house or using myself as a distraction so my family could escape?

Since we are going all fantasy shootout mode, Why couldn't disarm the criminals by hiding in the shadows like a ninja and taking them out one by one?

Why couldn't I install secret escape routes out of the house?

Why couldn't I install a panic room?

Why couldn't I have someone build a robot who would distract the criminals while we escaped?
I bet clb has a panic room. His mother thinks it's a basement. But clb knows better. She better not try to come down those stairs to do the laundry - booby-traps going off will blow the poor woman to Kingdom Come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 12:58 AM

441 posts, read 501,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
That is great for you and your family but a lot of Americans live in areas (usually liberal urban areas) where thugs roam day and night looking for potential victims. Thus the need for 24/7 personal protection.
LOL! Now you're parodying yourself!

Old 08-04-2012, 01:09 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
Ok... I read pages 1-4, 9, 12 and 18. I may have missed the post where someone mentioned that one or more of the home invaders might already had weapons in firing position. See, here's what I notice. In all the fantasy scenarios of the perpetually paranoid, the bad guys are always totally unarmed and eager to position themselves for an easy firing sequence. Down they go - one, two, three, four, five. Break into my house, get a bullet in the head. Last I heard B&E was not a capital crime in any U.S. state.

How come taking someone's life weighs heavily on some but not on some others? Race. The more reasoned among you have worked out that there are white men that commit burglaries. Shooting a white burglar dead in your living room would land you in more trouble than it would be worth. Killing him would be even worse. Many of you think only black men break into homes. You live for the day when you can use live fire against someone black. Someone who you could honestly say deserved it. Black people should get a percentage off the sale of every gun sold in America because at the end of the day what made the sale was the gnawing fear that way too many people (some of them black) have of black people.

Repeat after me: a gun is not a defensive weapon. Again: a gun is not a defensive weapon. Proper home safety involves security measures which prevents the unwanted entry of intruders. Once they are in, it is really too late. So spare me the rabid rationalizations. The second amendment says nothing about being stupid. Keeping a loaded weapon easily available in a home with small children is criminal. And if it isn't loaded and/or easily available it isn't much use is it? Does this need to go on for another 18 pages of can we call FAIL and go on to topics more worthy of our time??????

H

Old 08-04-2012, 07:44 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transatlantic View Post
I bet clb has a panic room. His mother thinks it's a basement. But clb knows better. She better not try to come down those stairs to do the laundry - booby-traps going off will blow the poor woman to Kingdom Come.
And I bet that at the first sign of trouble you wet yourself because you don't have the heart to protect your family.

I'd rather see my children live than see my children buried.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Ok... I read pages 1-4, 9, 12 and 18. I may have missed the post where someone mentioned that one or more of the home invaders might already had weapons in firing position. See, here's what I notice. In all the fantasy scenarios of the perpetually paranoid, the bad guys are always totally unarmed and eager to position themselves for an easy firing sequence. Down they go - one, two, three, four, five. Break into my house, get a bullet in the head. Last I heard B&E was not a capital crime in any U.S. state.

How come taking someone's life weighs heavily on some but not on some others? Race. The more reasoned among you have worked out that there are white men that commit burglaries. Shooting a white burglar dead in your living room would land you in more trouble than it would be worth. Killing him would be even worse. Many of you think only black men break into homes. You live for the day when you can use live fire against someone black. Someone who you could honestly say deserved it. Black people should get a percentage off the sale of every gun sold in America because at the end of the day what made the sale was the gnawing fear that way too many people (some of them black) have of black people.

Repeat after me: a gun is not a defensive weapon. Again: a gun is not a defensive weapon. Proper home safety involves security measures which prevents the unwanted entry of intruders. Once they are in, it is really too late. So spare me the rabid rationalizations. The second amendment says nothing about being stupid. Keeping a loaded weapon easily available in a home with small children is criminal. And if it isn't loaded and/or easily available it isn't much use is it? Does this need to go on for another 18 pages of can we call FAIL and go on to topics more worthy of our time??????

H
Liberals play the race card like they are playing Uno.

Sad.

I hope one day you learn to live at peace with your racial guilt.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:52 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
You are anti-gun, there are several small kids in your home, in the middle of the night five or six robbers burst into your home.

You call 911 but it will be 15 minutes until the police arrive.

Now what do you think of "only the police and army should have guns"?
Ummm... what does having small children have anything to do with this home invasion question?? How is a small child anymore valuable than an adult?

But I get that you want to protect your home and loved ones, but I'm tired of people who bring children into the discussion as if they were more precious that someone's spouse or parents. I would save a spouse or parent over the life of a child any day.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Ummm... what does having small children have anything to do with this home invasion question?? How is a small child anymore valuable than an adult?

But I get that you want to protect your home and loved ones, but I'm tired of people who bring children into the discussion as if they were more precious that someone's spouse or parents. I would save a spouse or parent over the life of a child any day.
An 8 year old girl is far less likely to successfully protect herself from armed intruders than a 40 year old man with weapons training.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:41 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
And I bet that at the first sign of trouble you wet yourself because you don't have the heart to protect your family.

I'd rather see my children live than see my children buried.

Equating the refusal to own a weapon to not having a heart? Mmmm, there's a new one!

Old 08-04-2012, 08:52 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post

It's like those yellow triangle bumper stickers on cars stating "Baby, children, pets on Board". Like the drivers of those vehicles should get special considerations because they went out and started a family or bought a pet.

Playing the idiotic nonsense card of "you must demonstrate your true love of your family by rushing out and buying a phallic symbol". Anything short of a "bang, bang" means you don't really love your family and are negligent in your protection of them. Buncha coconut maroons!

Keep your choices of weapons ownership, religion, political party affiation, sexual orientation, finances or anything else you deem as a measure of your self worth to yourself fer crissake! Who gives a chit?

Chest thumping retarded mysanthropes all in a mad rush back to the stone age. Let the rest of us know when you get there; we'll send cookies.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:10 AM

679 posts, read 660,593 times
I am currently in Germany and in a large city which is extremely safe. The objective should be to create a safe environment, not make it more dangerous and risky by having more guns to proliferate around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies