Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,903,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
WTF are you talking about?

If you don't believe the President's Birth Certificate, that's YOUR problem not mine.

I suppose ALL those sources are lying, including Wikipedia.

Where's YOUR proof that Hezbollah isn't a terrorist organization? Where's YOUR proof Iran DOESN'T sponsor terrorism?
None of your sources offered any proof, only assertions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Sco

Quote:
I see I'm conversing with BIGOTS and Anti-Semites.

I don't like BIGOTS like you people so I will leave this discussion before I feel I need to shower off your stench.
Can you point out the anti-semitic statements in any of these posts.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:10 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,581,191 times
Quote:
I see I'm conversing with BIGOTS and Anti-Semites.

I don't like BIGOTS like you people so I will leave this discussion before I feel I need to shower off your stench.
You are hillarious!!!!

Kind of out there, though.

Thanks for the entertainment.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:11 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,571,875 times
Quote:
You don't have a clue do you?
More empty insults.

Quote:
Iran-Contra Affair was about the USA SELLING small arms to Iran while they were at war with Iraq. That's not terrorism.
It is when, at the same time, the US was providing Saddam Hussein with chemical weapons in Iraq to fight Iran with.

Quote:
The Taliban never got a penny from the USA nor did they get arms. The NORTHERN ALLIANCE was who we supported (the Muhajadheen) and they were sworn enemies of the Taliban.
Learn your history. The US is the entity that put the Taliban in power in order to stick it to the Russians.

Quote:
Panama? A crazy man was in charge there dealing in drugs....we went in a got rid of him. He was convicted of international drug trafficking.
And what black ops did we do leading up to that? One could say a crazy man was in charge of ANY country, and some other country went in and got rid of him - either publicly or privately. You don't think W or Obama wouldn't be convicted in a number of countries?

Quote:
Cuba? We tried to overthrow Castro a few times in the 1960s. Mostly under Democratic Presidents. But I don;t know of ANY acts of of terrorism the USA engaged in.
Really? You honestly believe the US government never infiltrated Cuba in any capacity by which to overthrow the government from within? Hey, I've got some North Dakota oceanfront property to sell you...

See, here's the problem: You're one of those people who is an apologist for anything the US does and justifies it as "spreading democracy" or "making freedom" or some other flimsy rationale for making it acceptable for us to conduct acts that we consider terrorism when performed upon us....and then you chicken hawk and revile any other country who does the same. You're not logical. You don't think logically. You don't think rationally. Therefore, you are what is kindly referred to as "bat**** crazy", and your opinion is discounted, as such.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:14 PM

4,865 posts, read 5,660,374 times
Quote:

Cuba? We tried to overthrow Castro a few times in the 1960s. Mostly under Democratic Presidents. But I don;t know of ANY acts of of terrorism the USA engaged in.
Go read about "Operation Northwoods".

Old 08-01-2012, 06:17 PM

5,762 posts, read 11,603,525 times
Quote:
But I don't know of ANY acts of of terrorism the USA engaged in.
Oh really?

Cubana Flight 455

Old 08-01-2012, 06:18 PM

Hell, here's a record of US sponsored terrorism just from TODAY:

Exclusive: Obama authorizes secret U.S. support for Syrian rebels | Reuters

Old 08-01-2012, 06:24 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,698,949 times
Obviously, no one here actually has the intelligence to know what constitutes terrorism.

Terrorism is when you PURPOSELY TARGET innocent civilians for murder without any warning.

Military targets by another military doesn't not constitute terrorism.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Obviously, no one here actually has the intelligence to know what constitutes terrorism.

Terrorism is when you PURPOSELY TARGET innocent civilians for murder without any warning.

I thought you were leaving the thread to talk to people on par with your own intellect level.

BTW, the definitions of terrorism for you, since you seem confused on what they are.

Quote:
the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
2. the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.

3. a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.
On 1: Providing support to rebels trying to overthrow a government which is merely fighting back against attacks started by the rebels? Check.

On 2: Trying to frighten the Syrian government into allowing itself to be overthrown? Check

On 3:
Do I even need to explain how this one is an automatic checkmark?

Sounds like terrorism to me.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Sco

Quote:

Under that definition wouldn't Bush's shock and awe bombing campaign be considered terrorism? The US government knew that a certain number of innocent civilians would be killed by the bombing and subsequent invasion.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki

Dresden

It seems to me that using your own definition, the US and our allies have participated in some of the deadliest acts of terrorism the world has ever seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies