Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 05:28 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The hell it isn't. Anyone with a half a brain knows that.

But if you want to take on the Pacific Ocean in a rowboat, be my guest.
I agree. Anyone with half a brain knows approval of ssm is a foregone conclusion. On the other hand, anyone with More than half a brain knows it isn't a foregone conclusion.

Last edited by jazzarama; 08-03-2012 at 06:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 05:33 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He's wrong gay marriage is not a forgone conclusion in this country not by a long shot.
Not by a long, long shot. Let's see how the counter demonstration to Chi-Fil-A Appreciation Day looks numbers wise. Let's see if they are lined up for four blocks waiting to get into the restaurants to disgust patrons with homosexual kissing. Obama is about to realize he bet on the wrong horse.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:09 AM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Only those who were not on the receiving end of the bigotry.
Malcolm x and ag gaston would disagree.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:51 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Not by a long, long shot. Let's see how the counter demonstration to Chi-Fil-A Appreciation Day looks numbers wise. Let's see if they are lined up for four blocks waiting to get into the restaurants to disgust patrons with homosexual kissing. Obama is about to realize he bet on the wrong horse.

There are only so many gullibles out there who are susceptible to the hypnotic trance that turns reality on its head, accepting homosexual behavior as normal and natural. The idea that there even exists an inborn "sexual orientation" apart from birth gender is baseless, ludicrous, and nothing but a current fad.

The gay agenda has gone about as far as it is going to go.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:23 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,813,287 times
Discrimination does not equate to hate. We are so bold about using the word choice- that we have forgotten what it means- It means to discriminate. We allow woman the right to choose...we should allow everyone the right to choose- and to discriminate...You can not take a group of people with different ideas and perceptions - and take them like animals against their will - and force them into a compliant herd....Some wish to stand outside the herd...some wish to choose with whom they associate and with whom they wish to reject.

There are people on my street that I like- and some I just tolerate...some of them I would love to invite over for a meal- a drink or coffee. BUT I can not...because some of them are drug addicts and I must discriminate against them..I can not have them in my home because if they spot something of value they may return to rob me.. So I segregate myself from them...It is called good judgement. Pre-judgement...is done without having all the information- so you may through prejudice end up with wrongful discrimination...If a person or group are infected by habitual criminality...black or white- I will discriminate against them. It is not the states business to tell me when it is safe - I will make the judgement when it is safe to cross the street- I do not trust the green light...I trust my own perception...and will not move on the green if there is a gravel truck speeding toward the intersection...

Old 08-03-2012, 07:35 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,813,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
hahahahahahahahahah

what, the privilege of not being able to get married? the privilege of being able to be fired for being gay in many states (while you can't fire someone for their race in any state)? the privilege of being able to be executed for your orientation in 9 different countries? Gays do NOT have 'privilege,' at least none that is tied to their orientation. I'd love to hear you say that to some of my gay friends.

ps: how many of you were killed in the holocaust compared to homosexuals?
We are not talking about 9 different countries. We are talking about America...If a person is fired it might just be because they are not very good at their job...or they irritate and disrupt a work place causing chaos..YOUR gay friend must not be the sharpest tools in the gay shed...Most gays that I know are more than capable of taking care of themselves- and standing up for themselves.

As for genocide- Hitler executed Slavs- gypsies- gays and Jews and any others he considered un-desirable .My mothers family were Ukrainian...the communists starved 20 million of them to death- My father was Russian...The communist came and murdered his whole family for believing in God...for refusing to give up Christianity and bow to the state.

You asked how many of you were killed in the holocaust...You may be insinuating that the YOU is a JEW...that brings me to another question- Why is it that I meet gays who are nasty anti-semites........You would think they would have learned something from history- You protect me and I protect you- I do not see the gay community coming to my defense in a crisis.....

Old 08-03-2012, 07:38 AM

3,084 posts, read 5,235,688 times
You'll notice that the black experience is always the baseline upon which other groups attempt to legitimize their cause. Everything's always "the new black". It's never "the new Jew" or "the new Irish".

Old 08-03-2012, 07:57 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,538,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
There were NO white people, or gays that stood up for blacks. Riiiiight.
Sure they did.......there were always good white folk. But my point in saying this was that there was no gay folk piggy backing on to the black cause when they knew they could be lynched, with us! Oh nooooo........they played it safe.

They hid behind the skin color.......and you better believe some gay slave owners raped our black men just like the heterosexual ones raped our black women.

So I find it strange that now they wanna make "gay" like the black plight! No comparison!! NONE!

Old 08-03-2012, 08:31 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Sure they did.......there were always good white folk. But my point in saying this was that there was no gay folk piggy backing on to the black cause when they knew they could be lynched, with us! Oh nooooo........they played it safe.

They hid behind the skin color.......and you better believe some gay slave owners raped our black men just like the heterosexual ones raped our black women.

So I find it strange that now they wanna make "gay" like the black plight! No comparison!! NONE!
The issue is one of discrimination and Civil Rights and that is why Gays compare themselves to blacks since it was the last struggle for rights and before that it was women.
Discrimination is easy if one is identifiable. One could tell who is black or a female but one can't tell if you are Gay so they look to leaders in the past who have had to confront discrimination such as blacks have.

Black people really didn't have a choice in confronting discrimination since they weren't allowed to function in society like the rest of white America.
Being a openly Gay person in America is still taboo whereas being black isn't! Let's not even talk about being Gay and black hence the "downlow"!

Old 08-03-2012, 08:33 AM

272 posts, read 229,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Discrimination does not equate to hate. We are so bold about using the word choice- that we have forgotten what it means- It means to discriminate.
In America it does. The religion prominent in America does not teach that discrimination means to discern differences, from what I have seen anyway.

I have read quite a bit of religious texts, and my favorites belong to Eastern religions: Hindu, Buddhism, Taoism, etc. For instance, in reading the Bhagavad Gita it's apparent that discriminate just means separating the truth from reality (the lie).

I think teaching the above concept in America is a hard thing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies