Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2012, 02:52 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,178,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Oy vey

Sperm are living cells. Like the largest organ on your body (your skin) has tons of living cells. Your brain has living cells.

Yes, as defined by the Supreme Court, life begins when a birth happens, and the baby takes its first breath.

If you can't tell the difference between living cells and a birthed baby, then I'm not the one who is missing a few lessons in logic.

Wrong. Human life begins at birth. When a baby takes its first breath.

Because times have changed. We aren't ruled by the religious right, and upending the rights of women with antiquated views that they are inferior and can't make their own decision about what they can do with their bodies.

Actually, the definition of murder has changed and changed often. And you will find that murder as defined by law, varies also from state to state.

And abortion isn't murder, since no human life is being taken away.

Now if you know someone who kills a baby as soon as its birthed and it breathes its first breath, then that is murder.

I already explained it already. Look only 3 posts up.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post25465137

Many scientist have determined that life begins at birth. My scientists trumps yours.

Any outside factors have an effect on a developing fetus. Still doesn't mean that its life.

With that type of reasoning, then any complex cell system in your body is "alive"> That means all of your organs are alive.

Shall we now prosecute anyone who has their kidney's removed or that they donate one side to someone who is in need of it? That would be considered "murder" by your loose definition.

That doesn't usually happen till the end of the 2nd trimester and many times into the third. Where abortions at these times require 2nd opinions and are outlawed.
Life is not defined by the Supreme Court. So life began at conception before 1973, and begins at birth now just because nine old men took a vote and seven of them decided that life now begins at birth? Life - the very foundation of existence - defined by a court made of nine fallible people? I'll say it again. The Supreme Court is just nine people. Just like nine ordinary people, they cannot change fundamental definitions of life.

A fetus is the first stage of life. If you abort a baby, or "fetus", it will NEVER live to be a baby, toddler, child, teenager, adult, elderly... the abortionist murdered the baby. Just like if I died today, I'd never live to see most of adulthood or elderly life (I was conceived in Mar or Apr 1992, and born Dec 25, 1992). The definition of murder involves robbing someone of their future. Therefore, a baby in the womb is MURDERED.

What about the fact that most abortionists are MALE? Men and women are equal. Neither gender has the right to murder. Plus, what if the baby is female? Women's rights = female rights... can't put an age limit on it. I believe that women are free to put the baby up for adoption at birth, or even before birth with the adopter taking the baby upon leaving the hospital and even being able to foot the birthing bills.

I don't care what the law says. It's made by humans. Murder is defined by God, or nature, or science, or whatever universal law you follow. And that says that murder is killing outside of self defense or defense of the human life or lives of a third party.

Breathing air? Oh please... Never heard that one before. You could also say "getting nutrients" and that begins at conception.

As for organs, they cannot and will not ever live on their own. A fetus will, in time, barring miscarriage (which should not be prosecuted, as it is not committed voluntarily) develop into a living, sentient human being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 03:00 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,003,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
I don't care what the law says. It's made by humans. Murder is defined by God, or nature, or science, or whatever universal law you follow. And that says that murder is killing outside of self defense or defense of the human life or lives of a third party.
Other than the "laws" of nature, all laws are man-made, including murder. What you are basically saying is that laws that you don't agree with are man-made and can be disregarded and that laws you happen to agree with are made by your god and therefore need to be adhered to.

Since your god is fictional to me and many others, does that mean that we can disregard all laws?

Old 08-03-2012, 03:05 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,604,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Other than the "laws" of nature, all laws are man-made, including murder.
So what you are basically saying is that if the law says you are human, you are human, and if the law says you are not, you are not. Correct?

Old 08-03-2012, 03:21 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,604,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I say you hear a lot of lies and it's up to you to figure out the truth before using those lies to form opinions in debates.

13 states permit abortion up to and including the moment of birth
, even requiring a physician to be present just in case the baby survives and is born alive.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:08 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Legal and right are two different things.
Pro choice, and I agree. It's not right that smarmy economic schemes and elaborate religious laws/ social rules/ bizarre legislation should be permitted to persecute motherhood itself. But it does anyhow. Saying yes to life in America is a vow of poverty for too many.

So, what have you done about that, besides blame all of womankind for rules they did not author and cannot pragmatically comply with? Isn't there something seriously sick about the American political pastime of throwing rocks at mothers? Isn't there something seriously sick about the Marianna Islands corporation forcing abortions as a term and condition of employment? The 'family values' party in America did that. Think about it.

Ms. Magazine | Paradise Lost

Old 08-03-2012, 04:21 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,755,177 times
I am pro-choice, what you do is your business. I would never have my wife get an abortion because to me that is my unborn child regardless of the stage of pregnancy.

The main reason I am pro-choice is because I feel that there are far too many people on the face of the earth as it is so why add to that number. It isnt ethically right to have an abortion in my opinion but I am not against it. Id rather abortion take place then a child grow up in a broken home, no home at all, abusive home, illegal substance abuse homes, etc. You cant tell me that you would rather a child grow up in a home like that instead of having an abortion...in my opinion you would be doing the child a favor by aborting them before exposing them into such an environment. . These children often will grow up in such an environment that they may turn to crime and they will just be another person to fill the jail system. I am curious for those against abortion....are you also against the death penalty?

Not all households that have abortions are in a home such as one I listed above but as I said its probably not right, but what you do is your business, not mine.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:36 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
I don't care what the law says.
That's been true for folks like you before the constitution was ever crafted. Before the Bible was ever written as well. Take your birth date, subtract nine months, and get your birth date legally changed to your conception date to reinforce your religious beliefs if it means that much to you. Demanding the rest of the world comply with your personal convictions or religious beliefs is not going to happen.

Don't ever use my half of the species for sexual target practice if you're adamantly against abortion. There is the beginning and the end of male direct control over biological reality. If you're female, don't get an abortion. If you're female, you have the option of committing more time and energy coaching would be mothers, but you aren't. The unwillingness of males to exercise personal discipline over themselves combined their unwillingness to be a father is more responsible for would-be needless abortions than almost any other factor that could be named.

Why have pregnant women in abortion clinics expressed fear about the sperm donor? Let me take a wild guess. You don't care about that either.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:11 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Legal and right are two different things.
Don't put your opinions on anyone else but yourself.
I think an abortion is a personal decision and none of your business unless you're the one who is pregnant.

How many unwanted, disabled, addicted born actual living babies (you known BORN) have you adopted if you're so vocal?
I'll be that the answer is absolutely zero.

Quote:
You have the "potential" to grow older.
Is it alright if we decide to end your life before you are 40 but not afterwards?

Maybe the Mother should have some decades and base her decision on how you turned out.

So you're simply a right to life until birther.
Got it.

Quote:
There is no point that a baby is not a life no matter what stage of it's life it is in.
It's life, but so is cancer.
It's a POTENTIAL baby, but not one until birth/viability.

Emotion =/= fact.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:14 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancap View Post
And the right to murder a baby is still legal. Such a wonderful country we live in.
No it isn't.
It's not a baby until viability.
Why do you make up stuff when facts are simple to find.
Or won't it suit your agenda?

Old 08-03-2012, 05:29 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
You just said that sperm were living cells - but life begins at birth? Remedial Logic 101 is calling you back to class - seems you missed a few lessons. Human life begins when a being is formed that will directly develop into a person - that's conception.

Abortion is not murder - but somehow, before 1973, it was? The definition of murder does not change because nine elderly men decide that abortion is "legal". The definition of murder is the taking of human life outside of defense of human life. And how can you explain laws that have charged people with TWO counts of murder for murdering a pregnant person and her unborn child, yet an abortionist gets away with the murder of thousands of babies?

Scientists have determined life begins at conception. How do you think that smoking, drinking, etc during pregnancy harms the human AFTER they are born? They were alive in the womb! How does a baby kick in the womb and move around? Simple - they are ALIVE and conscious!
You need to study up on your history.

Abortion WAS LEGAL in the United States before it became illegal.

And when it started to become illegal the reasons had nothing to do with "murder" or the "rights" of a fetus.

It was all about control and it is still all about control.

National Abortion Federation: History of Abortion

Quote:
Abortion Was Legal
Abortion has been performed for thousands of years, and in every society that has been studied. It was legal in the United States from the time the earliest settlers arrived. At the time the Constitution was adopted, abortions before "quickening" were openly advertised and commonly performed.
Making Abortion Illegal
In the mid-to-late 1800s states began passing laws that made abortion illegal. The motivations for anti-abortion laws varied from state to state. One of the reasons included fears that the population would be dominated by the children of newly arriving immigrants, whose birth rates were higher than those of "native" Anglo-Saxon women.
Quote:
The Medical Establishment
The strongest force behind the drive to criminalize abortion was the attempt by doctors to establish for themselves exclusive rights to practice medicine. They wanted to prevent "untrained" practitioners, including midwives, apothecaries, and homeopaths, from competing with them for patients and for patient fees.
The best way to accomplish their goal was to eliminate one of the principle procedures that kept these competitors in business. Rather than openly admitting to such motivations, the newly formed American Medical Association (AMA) argued that abortion was both immoral and dangerous. By 1910 all but one state had criminalized abortion except where necessary, in a doctor's judgment, to save the woman's life. In this way, legal abortion was successfully transformed into a "physicians-only" practice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies