Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2012, 08:15 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
Just because the Supreme Court says something doesn't mean it's right. After all, they are just nine old people in black robes. They cannot define what makes up "life" and what doesn't.
And neither can some dumb, anonymous poster on a message board...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 08:16 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,145,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicCoward View Post
Didn't some one in this thread further up mentioned something about babies surviving "abortion" but then getting killed?

Anyways, I got that part from Law and Order. (trololol) One of the testifying doctors said that he would do late-term aborts even if its against the law just on the mother's whim. Not sure how true, but I'm pretty sure there are some people like that. Probably in the radical-fem crowd.
"" Blah, blah, no facts, blah, blah, no statistics, blah , blah no proof, blah blah hyperbole, not sure, pretty sure, blah blah...saw on TV, blah blah.....""...

Old 08-04-2012, 08:16 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,370,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
since no human is being killed, what's your point? Abortion isn't murder, no matter how much rhetoric you want to spill.

The same supreme Court that decided a fetus was something other than a person had previously decided that an individual of African heritage born into slavery was his or her owner's property, not a person and could never be a citizen of the United States.

It's OK to kill a fetus because five guys in black robes said it is?

Well, nothing the Nazis did to Jews, Gypsies and homosexuals was illegal.

Once again we have the majority declaring a problematic minority group to be non-persons and therefore not entitled to the same rights as the rest of us.

We heard all the justifications for abortion when it was the T-4 Program, the Holocaust and slavery.

So what is it about a fetus that makes it a non-person?

It has its own unique DNA just like a person.

It has a sex just like a person.

It has a blood type just like a person.

It has a heartbeat and a human body just like a person.

It has brain waves and facial expressions just like a person.

It looks like a baby just like a person does at that age.

It has fingers and toes, hair, eyes, ears, lips, etc.

In all these things and many more, a fetus is just like a person, yet abortion supporters claim it is something other than a person.

I've maintained for some time that abortion supporters know a fetus is a baby and every abortion kills a baby.

They simply don't care.

They make excuses and rationalize their actions, but they know what they are doing is state sanctioned murder.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:18 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,691,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I have never commented on Chick-fil-A and it has nothing to do with abortion...are you hallucinating or just losing an argument
Never said you did. Some people are so easily confused.

I was struck by the similarity of that argument (of being against money going to a cause one disagrees with), which the left so vehemently put forth, and which now the right should accept or be told to "grow up".

It's the same argument and so obviously hypocritical.

PS has nothing to do with you, just the position you take on this subject.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:22 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,145,375 times
[quote=Harrier;25487857]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
My point was to illustrate how silly the argument is that abortions won't stop if they are made illegal.

Have laws against murder stopped murders from taking place? Do you think that murder should be made legal because the laws have not prevented that particular crime from occuring?
No, your argument is silly....and history backs me up....

There have abortions , legal or not , for thousands of years.

Illegal abortions mean women just can have unsafe abortions which YOU PREFER.

YOU want women punished even to death because YOU think abortion is wrong (hating women).

Murder is wrong , abortion isn't.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
yet you want to force the woman to go through pregnancy against her will, putting her life in danger, and a health risk.

We do not live in the 1930's Nazi Germany.

We haven't declared a minority group (fetuses) to be non-persons so that we can deny them basic human rights?

"Against her will"?

Don't want to be a parent, don't copulate.

What could possibly be more simple than that?

Or does that only apply to men?

Are women too stupid and irresponsible to be held accountable for their actions?

Is it the case that women can run international corporations, serve in combat and lead nations but can't handle all the responsibility that comes with having a vagina?

Are women smart enough to be college professors, governors and business leaders but get totally blindsided by their own fertility cycle?

Old 08-04-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
""""Would you agree with me that women are just as capable as men of making adult decisions and facing the consequences of these adult decisions without special treatment under the law """"

Nope, because without the PROTECTION of the law(Roe v. Wade) women lose the right to their own reproduction, their own bodies....something men never face.

Maybe you have Uterus Envy, I don't know but abortion has nothing to do with men.

You are just Human History Challenged ...you have no idea that humans have always had sex(that's "copulation" to you) and they always will and you like other scared Anti-Choicers can never tell me why your alleged "creator" made such flawed products....now quick change the topic to "I don't want my taxes to pay for abortions"...the usual segue

What happened to "Don't want to be a parent? Keep it zipped!" ?

Does that only apply to men?

Why do you think men are so much more intelligent than women such that a completely different standard of accountability should apply?

Old 08-04-2012, 08:36 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
In this case, no one forced this woman to copulate.

Since the woman in this case is an adult, we have to assume she understands that copulating leads to pregnancy and the only way to not risk pregnancy is to not copulate.

With that knowledge firmly in mind, to go ahead and voluntarily copulate means the person choosing to copulate assumes the risk for an unwanted pregnancy and all that follows.

That is the standard we apply to men, is it not?

Would you agree with me that women are just as capable as men of making adult decisions and facing the consequences of these adult decisions without special treatment under the law which should only apply to those incapable (children, mentally disabled, etc.) of making adult decisions?
Where do we apply that to men? Men's bodies are not the ones carrying a fetus. Men often walk away or try to walk away and not support any child that their girlfriend does bring to term.

If we could incubate fetuses artificially, you would still be calling women who had premarital sex *sinners.*

Old 08-04-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Harrier...I'm curious....You sound very adamant against abortion....do you give any of your hard earned cash....or even your time....to help children in crisis?...or do you stop caring as soon as the child is born.

Lots of nice couples waiting years to adopt a new born.

Often the adopting couple pays all expenses associated with the pregnancy.

My sister gave a child up to adoption and selected the adopting couple after interviewing several prospective couples.

Women don't get abortions because they are unable to care for a child.

That's just a ****-poor excuse.

They get abortions because they don't want to be pregnant.

Following your train of thought, should we euthanize poor children so they don't have to live in poverty?

It would seem from your above statement that the only justification you need to end a child's life is financial inconvenience.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:46 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The same supreme Court that decided a fetus was something other than a person had previously decided that an individual of African heritage born into slavery was his or her owner's property, not a person and could never be a citizen of the United States.

It's OK to kill a fetus because five guys in black robes said it is?

Well, nothing the Nazis did to Jews, Gypsies and homosexuals was illegal.

Once again we have the majority declaring a problematic minority group to be non-persons and therefore not entitled to the same rights as the rest of us.

We heard all the justifications for abortion when it was the T-4 Program, the Holocaust and slavery.

So what is it about a fetus that makes it a non-person?

It has its own unique DNA just like a person.

It has a sex just like a person.

It has a blood type just like a person.

It has a heartbeat and a human body just like a person.

It has brain waves and facial expressions just like a person.

It looks like a baby just like a person does at that age.

It has fingers and toes, hair, eyes, ears, lips, etc.

In all these things and many more, a fetus is just like a person, yet abortion supporters claim it is something other than a person.

I've maintained for some time that abortion supporters know a fetus is a baby and every abortion kills a baby.

They simply don't care.

They make excuses and rationalize their actions, but they know what they are doing is state sanctioned murder.
The death penalty is state sanctioned murder. Of course, most of those who want to outlaw abortion support the death penalty.

Note: Illegal abortions happened frequently when abortion was illegal. I know because I am old enough to remember what happened. Those who want to make this illegal again do not care about women's lives. It's weird that the fetus is more important than an already born woman, imo.

National Abortion Federation: History of Abortion

Quote:
Many women died or suffered serious medical problems after attempting to self-induce their abortions or going to untrained practitioners who performed abortions with primitive methods or in unsanitary conditions. During this time, hospital emergency room staff treated thousands of women who either died or were suffering terrible effects of abortions provided without adequate skill and care.
What was the point of making abortion a crime?

Read the book: Amazon.com: When Abortion Was a Crime: Women, Medicine, and Law in the United States, 1867-1973 (9780520088481): Leslie J. Reagan: Books

Abortion in American History

Quote:
Reagan argues that its main effect was to expose and humiliate women caught in raids on abortion clinics or brought to the hospital with abortion complications, and thereby send a message to all women about the possible consequences of flouting official gender norms. Publicity -- the forced disclosure of sexual secrets before the authorities -- was itself the punishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies