Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 02:23 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,476,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Come to Hawaii!
Or California

Old 08-03-2012, 02:27 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,485,933 times
This "Oriental" talk is hilarious. It's 2012 and I don't mind if you call me an Asian guy.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:28 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,120,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
In my experience, Asians who own businesses do not hire non-Asians unless they have no alternative, and they never publicly declare job openings unless they have no alternative. There is a nearby Asian restaurant which recently posted a window sign looking for a "helper" - and posted it in Spanish.
Thats because the group with the least amount of morals is seen to be the All American.....how can anyone be surprised or confused with this. If I was in a position to hire a cashier lets say, I would stay away from male AA the highest risk group.. and gravitate toward anything else for a percentage chance of not being thieved. AA have no morals and will take anything at any level if not getting caught is in view....The theif is very creative and can create all kinds of justifications for taking things which do not belong to self....the world knows this.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:58 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,267,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Thats because the group with the least amount of morals is seen to be the All American.....how can anyone be surprised or confused with this. If I was in a position to hire a cashier lets say, I would stay away from male AA the highest risk group.. and gravitate toward anything else for a percentage chance of not being thieved. AA have no morals and will take anything at any level if not getting caught is in view....The theif is very creative and can create all kinds of justifications for taking things which do not belong to self....the world knows this.
And so using this highly assinine thinking lets take this further. If I was concerned about getting a babysitter I would not hire a white male since "statiscally" they are more likely to be pedophiles or mass murders of young children. If I wanted a manager of my company with a significant amount of people that need constant supervision I would not hire Asian men since "statiscally" they do not fare well with managing Americans. If I wanted to get married and wanted a passive wife I would not look at Italian or Latino women because "statiscally" they are very aggressive and combative towards their husbands.

So I ask, what was the point of you making such a racist statement in the first place?

Old 08-03-2012, 03:07 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,731,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
What's the secret sauce here? Soy sauce? LOL....ok, kidding. My hunch is Asians are better educated (higher college attainment rate), which translates to better employability. College graduates do have lower unemployment than high school grads.
Asians that do not have higher education career tracks are often entrepreneurs. A story not unlike Elzie Higginbottom.
Elzie Higginbottom Sr., 85, A Lifelong Entrepreneur - Chicago Tribune

Quote:
He realized with a certain precociousness that schooling and working for others only got one so far in the 1920s, and so, barely taller than the ax he used, he started chopping wood for kindling and selling it. He graduated to peddling fruits and vegetables, and though he attended Tilden High School, he chose to expand his business rather than get a diploma.

"He said you can always be in business, and if you're in business, you can control your destiny," his son said. Working for someone else should be viewed as a last resort--better than not working, but a de facto abdication of the American dream, the son said of his father's philosophy.
Get that diploma, and get skills in that intellectual tool box, but that bolded line of text is 100% truth. Being your own job creator is a much more powerful position to be in, fully aware of the health of your business from minute to minute, rather than get blind sighted by serial pink slips and serial corporate take overs. You're in a position to change course when the helm is directly in your hands.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:09 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,467,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
In my experience, Asians who own businesses do not hire non-Asians unless they have no alternative, and they never publicly declare job openings unless they have no alternative. There is a nearby Asian restaurant which recently posted a window sign looking for a "helper" - and posted it in Spanish.

A friend of mine is Chinese , he dosnt employ 1 chinese employee. All white or hispanic.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:11 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,731,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
So I ask, what was the point of you making such a racist statement in the first place?
Best I can tell the objective is to bring all of America down to their level of back biting sleaze. I'd like to be proven wrong about that, but this forum speaks consistently. Does it not?

Old 08-03-2012, 03:19 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,525,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
This is not a politically correct post.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:25 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,494,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
I have never seen a homeless Asian person.
They probably think it's a total disgrace and a defeat of the spirit to get on welfare, while more likely have families that love them.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:32 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,494,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Asians that do not have higher education career tracks are often entrepreneurs. A story not unlike Elzie Higginbottom.
Elzie Higginbottom Sr., 85, A Lifelong Entrepreneur - Chicago Tribune

And an Asian immigrant in Oklahoma City, starting from a tiny old building, eventually put up an eye catching super Asian food market site that takes up an entire city block.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies