Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2012, 09:06 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Speaking of ignorant, it's "bearing", not "baring." As in "carrying", not "disrobing."

Liberals. Sheesh.
The liberals read the Second Amendment and immediately think about tank tops - you must forgive them for thinking that is protects the right to "bare arms".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 10:08 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
In n Out verses are quite unobtrusive and unless you look up the verse, you don't have to read anything from the Bible on the wrapper. Boycotting them for this is simply silly.

As far as I can see, In n Out does not donate to anti-gay causes. It donates to organizations that help abused children.

Child Abuse Foundation at In-N-Out Burger Company Store
I'm going to start eating at In N Out Burger from now on. Their fries probably beat those waffle fries anyway.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Other than the one conservative in the OP claiming liberals should boycott it I haven't heard anyone say it should be boycotted so I'd say just eat there as no one has given a decent reason not to.

BTW, as a liberal, In 'N Out is the type of religiously owned business I like and happily support. They don't try to force their personal views on any one, they don't try to fund groups which try to remove rights from any one, and they generally just try to lead by example. For example, INO pays it's employees $2-$3 more per hour than other fast food places simply because the family which owns the chain feels that is the right thing to do, they also even offer their part time staff health insurance which is almost unheard of in the fast food business, all locations donate to local charities like kids sports teams or food drives, and I'm sure that does impact the company's bottom line but owners feel it is a worth while thing to do. That's part of why so many people are so loyal to the chain and it doesn't hurt that they make really good fast food.

Sure, at the end of the day INO is still just fast food (no one will confuse it with a $20 fancy burger) but everything is fresh that day, made to order, and the staff are really friendly. Most fast food places have a really high turn over rate for employees but because they pay 30%-40% more it isn't unusual to see people who have worked there 10-15 years while other fast food places can't keep people longer than 6 months. Their food prices are still very reasonable with double double costing $2.85 at my local INO. My one complaint is that the company doesn't offer franchise opportunities (and hasn't since the 1960's) because the owning family wants to keep standards high and they were unhappy with how some of the early franchises were run.

That means the company only expands when it has cash on hand to do so as the owners avoid taking on debt and locations have to be with in a few hours drive of their distribution facilities because they insist everything must be made fresh that morning and if there is anything left at the end of the day it must either be thrown out or donated to a food bank. On really busy days they'll run out and then the location just closes for the evening because they won't get more until the shipment the next morning.
Yep. I just decided I'm going to eat at INO Burger.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:32 AM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i guess its time to increase in and out burger sales now.

Every Chick-Fil-A I've been by has been packed still every day.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:36 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Every Chick-Fil-A I've been by has been packed still every day.
Yep - the "kiss-in" is going to backfire on the gay army. People don't appreciate open displays of perversity and obscenity. They will respond by opposing the gay army - and traditional marriage will be preserved.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:44 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The liberals read the Second Amendment and immediately think about tank tops - you must forgive them for thinking that is protects the right to "bare arms".
Ooh. No wonder the radical Islamists hate us.

Old 08-05-2012, 03:01 AM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Yep - the "kiss-in" is going to backfire on the gay army. People don't appreciate open displays of perversity and obscenity. They will respond by opposing the gay army - and traditional marriage will be preserved.

Almost 100 cars in the parking lot of customers heavily outweigh 10 protestors.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:56 PM

1,626 posts, read 4,014,679 times
Quote:
That is the purpose of the verses - to plant a seed - and bring God's word to people who may not read the Bible.
I know, which is why I have a problem with INO putting them on their packaging. I don't think religious evangelism has any place in a fast food establishment. I'll be less likely to eat there in the future and will probably never eat at Chik-Fil-A again.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Exodus has stopped recommending conversion therapy. They even say it doesn't work, and is harmful.
There's still Family Research Council to explain.

Family Research Council - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Family Research Council Labeled ‘Hate Group’ By SPLC Over Anti-Gay Rhetoric | TPMDC

Old 08-05-2012, 05:29 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar42 View Post
I know, which is why I have a problem with INO putting them on their packaging. I don't think religious evangelism has any place in a fast food establishment. I'll be less likely to eat there in the future and will probably never eat at Chik-Fil-A again.
Living in fear/hatred of words printed on the bottom edge of a soft drink cup is a heckuva way to go through life. By way of illustration, I admit that I used to find Colonel Sanders' antebellum attitude quite menacing. But I got over my fear by concentrating on the food instead of its philosophical imputations.

If I did it, so can you. Be strong.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies