Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 05:49 PM

99,191 posts, read 4,474,517 times

Advertisements

More lunacy from the "Christian" right.

Ralph Reed: Christians Need To Beg Forgiveness For God To Show Mercy In Election (VIDEO)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 06:00 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,268,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merv1225 View Post
His premise is that Christians have done something awful, otherwise why would you have to BEG for forgiveness. The only time I could say anyone begging for forgiveness is if you did something really really bad.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:17 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,750,688 times
Quote:
He's getting warmer. If only he were willing to see that Reagan was not the messiah he believes. That in God Mitt Romney we trust is the extension of golden calf worshiping philosophies plaguing conservative minds. That Ayn Rand was poisonous, and shooting at all others pointing it out put them in the hole they're in today. They can own it at any time but I see little indication that Evangelicals are willing to be that brutally honest with themselves to repent. It's not like I haven't seen this kind of hell bent pride in my own Catholic pews. Are we having a sin contest between denominations? Sadly, that appears to be the case.

How ironic is it that this is going on in every denomination and the source of grief is forever coming from those who believe they're orthodoxy. Jews & Islam are having the same exact problem. Coincidence? Nope. Orthodoxy, in my experience, are some of the most faithless people I've ever had the displeasure to meet.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:20 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,750,259 times
If god gave a damn about who was running the country, George Washington would still be the president.

Unfortunately, there is no god so we get bipedal hairless alpha-apes as leaders instead.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:05 PM

33,507 posts, read 18,056,382 times
It is biblical. If the people who are called by my name shall repent and I will heal their land.

New International Version (©1984)
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
New Living Translation (©2007)
Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.

English Standard Version (©2001)
if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Many Christians have watered down their first love which is Jesus. They have allowed this country to back slide into sin greatly. We will reap what we sow because we are losing the blessing of God on our nation.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:32 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,393,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is biblical. If the people who are called by my name shall repent and I will heal their land.

New International Version (©1984)
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
New Living Translation (©2007)
Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.

English Standard Version (©2001)
if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Many Christians have watered down their first love which is Jesus. They have allowed this country to back slide into sin greatly. We will reap what we sow because we are losing the blessing of God on our nation.
What are YOUR wicked ways? If you all are praying for "forgiveness".....what did you do wrong?

Could it be a sin to lambaste people who disagree with you, such as those you call liberals, and the black community every chance you get, could that be a sin? Could it be a sin to be so negatively judgmental of so many people all the time? Isn't there something in the bible about "hate the sin but LOVE the sinner"?

Old 08-04-2012, 07:39 PM

33,507 posts, read 18,056,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What are YOUR wicked ways? If you all are praying for "forgiveness".....what did you do wrong?

Could it be a sin to lambaste people who disagree with you, such as those you call liberals, and the black community every chance you get, could that be a sin? Could it be a sin to be so negatively judgmental of so many people all the time? Isn't there something in the bible about "hate the sin but LOVE the sinner"?
Not speaking out against sin. Jesus was no wimp. If you read the whole word of the New Testament , Jesus was outspoken . Why do you think he was crucified. Jesus spoke out on sin. He didn't spread fairy dust around with love love love. He told his followers to preach against sin and tell the people of the good news of a new kingdom to those who repented of their sins. And if one of his deciples was turned away out of that house after telling them to repent and come into the kingdom, Jesus said to wipe the dirt off their feet as a testament against them and it would be as bad for them as it is to those who were in Sodom and Gomorrah.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:41 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,040,017 times
If I believed in such beings, I'd demand an apology from god, for unleashing upon us the likes of Ralph Reed and Glenn Beck.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:46 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,849,230 times
Sodom, as well as Gomorrah, had a lot of gay bars.

I imagine gay people had a good time in Sodom.

How bad could it have been?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
And if one of his deciples was turned away out of that house after telling them to repent and come into the kingdom, Jesus said to wipe the dirt off their feet as a testament against them and it would be as bad for them as it is to those who were in Sodom and Gomorrah.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:48 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,495,285 times
Quote:
from the article:

Quote:
Many speakers at the "Under God Indivisible" rally, organized in conjunction with Glenn Beck's three-day "Restoring Love" event,
Starting to make sense...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies