Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 03:55 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,455,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
They already do, except them import them FROM US.

Would you rather make it more difficult for criminals to carry guns or would you rather have the USA become a final shining experiment of domestic gun proliferation?
They can easily get them from China or Russia -- it's easier to get them through Fast and Furious obviously.

Believe me -- making guns illegal will not make them harder to get -- it will just give Chapo Guzman another line of business. Just as his cartel can easily move drugs, humans, pirated CDs, stolen vehicle parts, it's no big deal for him to add ammunition and automatic weapons.

Don't believe for a minute that methamphetamine is difficult at all to get.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 03:58 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,269,857 times
In all seriousness this may not be simply the work of just another wack job. If you google Sihk tensions, you find a bunch of stories regarding riots and protests between Sihks and Muslims in London and Sihks and Hindus in India.

Old 08-05-2012, 03:59 PM

10,567 posts, read 12,768,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I say we start with everyone at the local adult bookstores and then work our way up. I feel confident that with a concerted effort, we can round up all the evil people by 2015. 2016 at the latest, so long as Obama isn't re-elected. He's a well-known apologist for evil.
The average person or cop can look at a person and figure out by the vibe whether they are evil and dangerous...Evil profiling might not be a bad idea- like pull over buddy...let me have a look at you...you look evil so let me see what you have in the trunk...It sounds funny - but cops and civilians should start using their instincts to make judgments- animals do it- You dog knows who is bad news the second they walk in the door- so does a child- but we are trained not to trust instincts...Just like the James Holmes case- people saw he was up to no good and had an air of evil..but no one said anything.....If it looks bad it is bad.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:16 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,920,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The average person or cop can look at a person and figure out by the vibe whether they are evil and dangerous...Evil profiling might not be a bad idea- like pull over buddy...let me have a look at you...you look evil so let me see what you have in the trunk...It sounds funny - but cops and civilians should start using their instincts to make judgments- animals do it- You dog knows who is bad news the second they walk in the door- so does a child- but we are trained not to trust instincts...Just like the James Holmes case- people saw he was up to no good and had an air of evil..but no one said anything.....If it looks bad it is bad.
You are correct. FBI admitted they didn't properly investigate the Ft. Hood shooter due to PC nonsense. That of course all has flown under the radar. Nothing wrong with profiling. That is how you deter crimes. The police are not in the business of preventing crimes anymore because somebody might get offended they are in the business of cleaning up the mess after.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:25 PM

It's interesting some of the discussion in going on with India commenters on this event -- they're bad.

Seven killed in US gurdwara shooting, many trapped inside - The Times of India

Old 08-05-2012, 04:35 PM

22,230 posts, read 17,786,426 times
The authorities are investigating it as a case of Domestic Terrorism. They, for obvious reasons, are not releasing much information as yet. The police officer that was hit so many times is expected to survive, he was ambushed and that shooter was taken down by another police officer. 7 dead as of now.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:38 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,617,935 times
It's not the first time the Sikhs are being mistaken for muslims by ignorant extremists. This has nothing to do with partisan politics or Christianity or the NRA. It's just plain ignorance and extremism.

On the other side, I hope the Sikhs do some soul searching and invest in some shaving productions and gels, and possibly get rid of that turban.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
It's not the first time the Sikhs are being mistaken for muslims by ignorant extremists. This has nothing to do with partisan politics or Christianity or the NRA. It's just plain ignorance and extremism.

On the other side, I hope the Sikhs do some soul searching and invest in some shaving productions and gels, and possibly get rid of that turban.
The reason I don't think it was some American that was after Muslims is that it seems a bit targetted -- the visiting clerics were shot and the leader of the temple -- how would an American kind of guy know which ones to target?

Old 08-05-2012, 04:44 PM

22,230 posts, read 17,786,426 times
Quote:

So, in your mind, the Sikhs should give up Sikhism religion?

Old 08-05-2012, 04:44 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,773,830 times
Quote:

Why should Sikhs change because of ignorant extremists.

I agree that this is may be some guy who thought they were Muslims which they are not, but letting the terrorist win is not a good thing.

My thoughts are with the victims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies