Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 08:33 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So what? What's the point of trying to make the victims look like the bad guy on a day like this?
I'm not -- but if you're trying to figure out if anyone may have had a motive -- you have to consider that someone might.

It may likely come down to a lone nutcase gunman who was looking for some people to kill -- just like in Aurora the other week. Or someone like the Hmong guy that started killing hunters for reasons all his own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 08:38 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,096,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
One thing that we know did not exist in 1791 are automatic or semi-automatic weapons. In other words, our demigods, those (hushed silence) "Founding Fathers," were certainly not speaking of the types of weapons responsible in these types of killings. As I've learned from Justice Scalia, it is important to understand what those words meant at that time.

Personally, I'm with Thomas Jefferson. He argued that the Constitution should be ripped up every generation and a new one created.

Wait a second, does that mean the "Founding Fathers" were not monolithic groupthinkers, among whom there were significant philosophical disagreements? Can't be. Fake historian David Barton and the others say not.
Strange there isn't one anti freedom gun grabber among the Founders I know of...

The 2nd amendment just codifies an already existing right, you and your ilk can try to repeal it but you will have to pry likely two of my guns out of my "cold dead hands"....

The poor old guns worst enemy is rust, and idiots like you...

Thank GOD most people realize your more dangerous than a poor little old gun that just sits there until needed...

Old 08-05-2012, 08:41 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
gunman "quiet" and maybe just broke up with his girlfriend.

Woman Says Her Son is Landlord of Gunman in Temple Shooting - Oak Creek, WI Patch

As authorities searched a home in Cudahy Sunday evening believed to be the residence of the man who shot and killed six people at an Oak Creek Sikh temple, a woman whose son owns that home shed some light on the shooter.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:06 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
So far we have the left calling out the shooter as muslim hater, coming from AmeriKKKa, deranged christian psycho etc etc. At least they learned their lesson and haven't called the shooter a tea party member................yet.

The derangement will never end.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:11 PM

So what have we learned so far...............not much other than the usual rantings from the gun grabbers and knee jerkers who want to blame certain groups. SOP.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:16 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Proably just anther mental case. Again it will be interestig to see his emntal history for nay warning ignored by our system.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:17 PM

29,815 posts, read 24,898,335 times
Surely the liberals will be up in arms... To take away the right to bare arms. They obviously let the last tragedy go to waste, but I'm sure they are thankful to have another crack at it.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:18 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So far we have the left calling out the shooter as muslim hater, coming from AmeriKKKa, deranged christian psycho etc etc. At least they learned their lesson and haven't called the shooter a tea party member................yet.

The derangement will never end.
I'm pretty "left" and I haven't called him any such thing. I put a link out there to some statements made by his landlord's mother. She said guy was quiet and maybe just broke up with his girlfriend. Who knows what his "politics" were.

And it appears that the derangement which causes folks to hate all liberals 24/7 will never end.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:22 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,096,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I'm pretty "left" and I haven't called him any such thing. I put a link out there to some statements made by his landlord's mother. She said guy was quiet and maybe just broke up with his girlfriend. Who knows what his "politics" were.

And it appears that the derangement which causes folks to hate all liberals 24/7 will never end.
"Liberals" is an oxymoron these days, I don't hate liberals I hate authoritarians of any persuasion...

I also hate thieves and shysters that run elaborate con games like "spread the wealth"...

Old 08-05-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post

I didn't say folks "pretty left" did anything. You are putting yourself in the camp of the kooks by defending yourself against charges that weren't even sent your way according to your own post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies