Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 03:42 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
yes yes, a death threat against you over e-mail or twitter wouldn't be met by calling the police.
Not me, but I am not a celebrity. I didn't say they shouldn't call the police. Only that this type of trolling is very very very very very very very very common on the internet. It really is a non story.

As a celeb, you have to figure if you do anything controversial, there will be blowback and some of that criticism will be trolling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 03:43 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Not me, but I am not a celebrity. I didn't say they shouldn't call the police. Only that this type of trolling is very very very very very very very very common on the internet.
Cite using statistical evidence?

Old 08-06-2012, 03:44 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,485 times
Quote:
There exist conservative militant anti-hunters?
Maybe not in this countries very singular mold of conservative (there are many different flavours of liberal, who don't agree with each other on many issues), but there is a whole lot of stupid people who say stupid things who like hunting, just like they are a lot of stupid people who say stupid things who don't like hunting.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Maybe not in this countries very singular mold of conservative (there are many different flavours of liberal, who don't agree with each other on many issues), but there is a whole lot of stupid people who say stupid things who like hunting, just like they are a lot of stupid people who say stupid things who don't like hunting.
Sorry, I did forget to say "in before the different shades of grey on conservative in other more evolved and sophistimicated countries" BS. Thanks for reminding me.

Oh, and in before "you made a spelling mistake on sophistimicated."

Old 08-06-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Cite using statistical evidence?
Cite what using stats. You don't think that trolling is a very, very, very, very common thing?

Go to any comment section on just about any topic on any popular website and read the trolling. There is no need for a study. Trolling of this kind is everywhere on the internet. I have seen people do a workout video post it on Youtube get comments about killing themselves from strangers.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Cite what using stats. You don't think that trolling is a very, very, very, very common thing?
Statistical cite regarding death threat tweets and other social media posting? Please indicate where the statistical significance lies also if you can.

Quote:
Go to any comment section on just about any topic on any popular website and read the trolling. There is no need for a study. Trolling of this kind is everywhere on the internet. I have seen people do a workout video post it on Youtube get comments about killing themselves from strangers.
"You have a hunch so study is not needed". Very man made climate change sciency of you.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:55 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Amazingly tolerant ******* Obummer and Reid supporters.

Good Job *******s.
I had to quote this because if I said it i would get a red infraction!

Old 08-06-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Statistical cite regarding death threat tweets and other social media posting? Please indicate where the statistical significance lies also if you can.

"You have a hunch so study is not needed". Very man made climate change sciency of you.
I'm sure someone somewhere has done a study on internet trolling. I should have written that I don't need a study. Maybe you do go find one. It will tell you that internet trolling is very very, very common.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:58 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Oh a nonstory. By the way wtf is a twitchy? That is a terrible name. It makes me think of itchy or itching. Maybe its a huge success.
How would we know? It's a lefty coined name......

I with my father and my uncles years ago were accosted duck hunting by anti hunters. I was about 30 then, and was so angery I got in the anti's boat shot gun in hand and pulled the drain plug out of the transom and threw it over board...

They were in no danger so long as they didn't stop the boat That kinda settled that argument.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:07 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
That picture is not trophy hunting, that' some eating hunting right there, a feast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies