Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2012, 10:46 AM

20,893 posts, read 16,015,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yours is worse. You're referring to current Columbia policy. Cite the policy in effect when Obama was admitted.
You move those goal posts, IC. It doesn't matter.

You insisted that no American college or university would accept an American citizen as a foreign student.

You have been proved wrong.

The discussion is over. You lost.

So what's your next stupid Birther argument? A new one I hope, rather than bringing up again claims that were debunked more than four years ago.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 10:47 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,735,191 times
Quote:
Yours is worse. You're referring to current Columbia policy. Cite the policy in effect when Obama was admitted.
You're the one making the claim. You cite the policy.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
We have two recent college grads in the family. An engineer and an actuary. Both always had their courses, GPAs, etc. verified by potential employers, including internship employers.
Certainly you do not expect anybody on this thread to believe a single letter that comes from your keyboard, right?

Old 08-08-2012, 10:49 AM

88,572 posts, read 44,302,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
They're in technical fields where the course work matters--in any other field it doesn't. Even then, after they get through their first job or two I doubt that they'll have to submit a transcript, because their job performance and experience will be what matters. I'm betting that references from the internships and from professors were as or more important than their GPA.
The GPA gets them in the door for the interview. That's the cut. Same with a family member who owns an accounting firm. They verify courses and GPAs. Anyone with a weak transcript and below a 3.00 GPA isn't even considered.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Applying as a foreign student is a 'hook.'
LOL... the excuses are shrinking into complete meaninglessness... sublimating away like snow in the sun.

And for what? To defend the delusion that a three year old April Fool's Joke was actually true.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
You insisted that no American college or university would accept an American citizen as a foreign student.
Considering the fact that we're talking about Obama, and he attended Columbia decades ago, did I really have to spell it out for you? Can you even get past your rudimentary level of thinking?

Old 08-08-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
LOL... the excuses are shrinking into complete meaninglessness...
Never heard of the 'hook' in the college admissions process? More rudimentary thinking?

Old 08-08-2012, 10:52 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,014,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I guess it's tripe, till it concerns the person you aren't voting for.

They want Romney to release his tax documents. WHY? We know that he paid his taxes, he's a political figure, and the IRS woulda jumped at the chance to show everyone he's a cheat of they could.

The Vice President, who won't release HIS tax records, is calling for Romney to release his.

Kinda like the Pot calling the Kettle black.

Ridiculous, we need the throw the lot of em out, and elect all new people.
LOL...so what do you expect to find in his college transcripts exactly?

You already know how ridiculous that is, so i'm not going to argue anymore about it. It's flat out pure stupidity.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:53 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,313,186 times
Quote:
That's weird. In a 30 year career, I have never once been asked for my college transcripts.
Neither have I - only proof of a degree.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You're the one making the claim. You cite the policy.
No, HistorianDude made the claim:
Quote:
The part where Columbia's website says that being an international student has nothing to do with your citizenship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies