Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 11:00 AM

103 posts, read 64,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
All these wonderful things in the OP...would be provided by...WHO???
It wouldn't be provided by a person. It would be provided by a market economic system that was fair as explained in the post. What makes a market system fair is paying total income to workers since they are responsible for our total production and allocating income based on how hard you work instead of based on how much exploitation you can get away with.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Why would someone make 1 million when they can make much, much more somewhere else or if someone chooses to stay in the US, where is the motivation to produce a single dime after they make a million dollars that year?
Someone can certainly move to another country if they wanted to earn more than $1 million per year. But few people would do that and the few that would can be easily replaced by 1000 other people who are clamoring for that job.

The motivation is to also earn that $1 million again the following year. In order to get paid the top income each year, you have to be among the top performing workers each year.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:09 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,584 times
In other words, make everyone a dentist?

Old 08-07-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Lol, where can I get some of those drugs you're on?
It is a drug called knowledge. You can pick it up at any library or computer with an internet connection. You should try it, it is addicting.

As explained in this post, the people who are getting rich off of our current market system's welfare, theft and exploitation are using their vast wealth to not only convince everyone that this welfare, theft and exploitation is not happening, but to also put in laws to enable them to maximize their ability to exploit and steal.

Since they have most of the income, they also own all the businesses and all the politicians and all the governments and all the newspapers and all the radio stations and all the tv stations and all the rest of the media. They have full control over the public discourse which they naturally use to not only convince the public that the raw deal they are getting is fair, but to also make it taboo to actually question it!

Their system of propaganda is mighty and effective.

The few at the top have deliberately made our version of a market economy a sacred cow in this country. They have turned privatization, investment and exploitation into a religion that people are not allowed to question.

The immediate, knee-jerk, emotional reactions to this post are proof their brainwashing is still alive and well.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
In other words, make everyone a dentist?
I don't get it. How does this post equate to everyone being a dentist? I think this would enable everyone to get paid well like many dentists do today if that is what you mean.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:27 AM

1,140 posts, read 1,300,656 times
I don't know if Mircea is going to waste his time with this, but I'll wait for him to come here and crush this.

OP, don't worry though, he tends to do this to everyone.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:29 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,686,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
I don't know if Mircea is going to waste his time with this, but I'll wait for him to come here and crush this.

OP, don't worry though, he tends to do this to everyone.
Oh I hope he does.

OP: if there was a way to magically make everybody wealthy, it would have been done.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:30 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,119,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
All these wonderful things in the OP...would be provided by...WHO???
If what he posted was to happen you'd have to literally take the wealth away from some American families. I believe that's what he's saying.

Not saying that I agree, just reasoning through his post.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:31 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,438,858 times
Smile Let's Raise The Minimum Wage to $115,000 per Year And Reduce Week To 20 Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairnessIsGlorious View Post
We Should Raise The Minimum Wage to $115,000 per Year And Reduce The Workweek to Just 20 Hours

Before you jump into your explanation of why the economics of labor markets make this impossible, or that it will just cause inflation, I am not saying this can happen by merely enacting a minimum wage law that pays people that much.

In this post, I will make the case for doing far more than that. I will make the case for a revolution, for overthrowing (peacefully and democratically) our current tyrannical market economic system and replacing it with a fair market system.

yadda

yadda

yadda...

footnotes:
Unfortunately this forum doesn't allow me to link to my citations. I already got banned for spam the first time I tried making this post. I think it was because I linked to other websites.

Okay!

Old 08-07-2012, 11:34 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,082,368 times
I wanna know where the OP jacked that huge post from. I doubt the OP wrote it all themselves.

Also, where is all of this money going to come from? If everyone was paid that amount, the dollar would be worthless. We'd be looking at the dollar being valued like the Yen. You'd need $50,000 just to buy a piece of gum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies