U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2012, 01:00 PM

5,037 posts, read 4,358,354 times

Advertisements

Obama the media and Hollywood (liberals) are all bashing Romney and other non liberals for their wealth and even for firing or down sizing.

You all act as if no liberal is super wealthy. You act as if no liberal fires people or downsizes a company. Quit being a bunch of hypocrites. There are plenty on the left who are super rich, fire people, out source, and live to make money. Yet here you are, trying to use class warfare garbage to try and win an election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 01:02 PM

9,033 posts, read 8,745,842 times
The difference is, rich liberals don't necessarily want the people they lay off to live in poverty afterwards -- they support social safety-net programs.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:04 PM

5,924 posts, read 4,542,115 times
No way, they start companies to provide jobs for people not to make money.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:06 PM

10,543 posts, read 12,010,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
The difference is, rich liberals don't necessarily want the people they lay off to live in poverty afterwards -- they support social safety-net programs.
Why wouldn't they want to person to find another job?

Old 08-07-2012, 01:12 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,704,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
You all act as if no liberal is super wealthy.
That's a very pathetic excuse for the Right evils.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:17 PM

600 posts, read 824,654 times
You're exactly right, OP, and people are falling for this class warfare crap, hook line and sinker. Just yesterday, I was talking with a 20-year old kid, nice guy and all. He asked me my opinion of the upcoming election; before I responded, I asked him what he thought of both candidates?

Know the first thing that came out of his mouth? "Well, I've heard that Mitt Romney only pays a 14% tax rate." He then proceeded to talk about loopholes, the rich, etc. and the usual blather that passes for news on the lackluster media we have these days. I then asked him, "Why do you care so much about what Mitt Romney is doing with his money? Shouldn't you be more concerned with what President Obama is doing with YOURS?"

If people don't like what they're making, are upset with the CEO making multi-millions, or continue to believe the lies about the 1%, they have the power to change their lot in life. Here's an idea: quit your job, become an entrepreneur and risk every single source of capital that you have, work like a dog in your startup, innovate, become successful, and then listen to a cocky President, who's never held a private-sector job in his life, tell you, "You didn't build that." Such is life in America today: where the successful are vilified and the ne'er-do-wells are seen as hapless victims in the grand game.

Class warfare indeed.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:22 PM

5,037 posts, read 4,358,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyfanatic85 View Post
You're exactly right, OP, and people are falling for this class warfare crap, hook line and sinker. Just yesterday, I was talking with a 20-year old kid, nice guy and all. He asked me my opinion of the upcoming election; before I responded, I asked him what he thought of both candidates?

Know the first thing that came out of his mouth? "Well, I've heard that Mitt Romney only pays a 14% tax rate." He then proceeded to talk about loopholes, the rich, etc. and the usual blather that passes for news on the lackluster media we have these days. I then asked him, "Why do you care so much about what Mitt Romney is doing with his money? Shouldn't you be more concerned with what President Obama is doing with YOURS?"

If people don't like what they're making, are upset with the CEO making multi-millions, or continue to believe the lies about the 1%, they have the power to change their lot in life. Here's an idea: quit your job, become an entrepreneur and risk every single source of capital that you have, work like a dog in your startup, innovate, become successful, and then listen to a cocky President, who's never held a private-sector job in his life, tell you, "You didn't build that." Such is life in America today: where the successful are vilified and the ne'er-do-wells are seen as hapless victims in the grand game.

Class warfare indeed.
Class warfare is a horrible and dirty tactic. And sadly, too many people eat it up. I dont see how people can be so dumb, but they are out there.

The worst part is, many on the left are outright hypocrites. Especially the Hollywood types. They all look at for numero uno and make sure they get their money, thats for sure. Same with all the politicians. They didnt get rich by giving it all away. They got rich through various means, and it didnt involve looking out for others.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Why wouldn't they want to person to find another job?
What makes you think that? Liberals also tend to support job-training programs and education subsidies, for those who need retraining.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Class warfare is a horrible and dirty tactic.
So you disagree with the right-wing tactic of demonizing the poor? Good to know.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:48 PM

10,543 posts, read 12,010,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
What makes you think that? Liberals also tend to support job-training programs and education subsidies, for those who need retraining.
Nothing makes me think that, just like nothing should make you think that strawman you posted is the conservatives' actual desire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies