Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 09:45 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,884,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
yes but palins 50 years old

and was never a law student. what was her major again? oh right ,she had 7 different ones in 8 years.
Nah, she's 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You defend gays to the hilt and would be all over people who bashed someone's dress if that person were gay. Apparently, you don't realize how militant you are about gaydom.

And I guess you missed the part about it being an OUTDOORS cookout. What in God's green earth would you expect her to wear?

You're jealous of her and intimidated by her. Your loss.
Berka would've made them happy!!

Old 08-07-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
She's a MILF, or shall I say a GMILF, very teabagable.

No jealousy here, just a bit of lust for the cougars.
He ^ says it with such class..........gentleman you are not!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
You do realize that is not a real photo of her right?
It's probably a poster hanging above his bed.........

Old 08-07-2012, 09:56 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,261,277 times
Quote:
She is wearing capris and a tee shirt? All be it I don't like the superman tee, it is still capris and a tee shirt. What is horrible? You probably have ZERO fashion sense if you really think capris and a tee are horrible and tacky, when 99% of woman wear them. Including Mrs. Obama.
This guy is just wearing a suit, sun glasses, and a hat, what's wrong with that??????

Old 08-07-2012, 09:58 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,178,016 times
Quote:
Holy cow are you guys serious??? They are black jean capris. OMG the horror!!! I don't like SP either but other then her horrible shoes there is nothing wrong with her outfit. Had she put on a nice pair of flip flops or sandals it would not look as bad, those shoes are horrible.
Her outfit was hideous. Black jean capris are great--the fit and style she chose are the problem. She's too old to wear low riders (when the waist line sits all the way down low on your hips). They were also way too TIGHT for a middle aged mother, no matter what type of shape you're in. The leg length of the capris wasn't attractive on her either--the combination of the lower waist and the shorter cut chopped her body up (especially combined with those god awful shoes). If she'd picked a pair of capris that had a midrise--when they fall below the waist, but above the hips, if they had been a little longer, and a little looser, they would have made her look long, lean and stylish. It would have been perfect and classic. The belt and the shirt were tacky...if she would have worn a simple shirt and belt it would have been perfect.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:59 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,426,376 times
Quote:
This guy is just wearing a suit, sun glasses, and a hat, what's wrong with that??????

Yeah compare black pants and a gray tee shirt to that.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Her outfit was hideous. Black jean capris are great--the fit and style she chose are the problem. She's too old to wear low riders--when the waist line sits all the way down low on your hips. They were also way too TIGHT for a middle aged mother, no matter what type of shape you're in. The leg length of the capris wasn't attractive on her either--the combination of the lower waist and the shorter cut chopped her body up (especially combined with those god awful shoes). If she'd picked a pair of capris that had a midrise--when they fall below the waist, but above the hips, if they had been a little longer, and a little looser, they would have made her look long, lean and stylish. It would have been perfect and classic. The belt and the shirt were tacky...if she would have worn a simple shirt and belt it would have been perfect.

Why is she to old to wear low rise pants??? That is ridiculous! If you have the shape for it why not? They are no tighter then the ones Mrs. Obama has on. The shoes I can't argue with they are horrible and the Superman tee is questionable. I would not have worn the belt and I would have left the shirt out not tucked in but the pants are nice and look good on her.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:

The glasses need to go............

Old 08-07-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Why is she to old to wear low rise pants??? That is ridiculous! If you have the shape for it why not? They are no tighter then the ones Mrs. Obama has on. The shoes I can't argue with they are horrible and the Superman tee is questionable. I would not have worn the belt and I would have left the shirt out not tucked in but the pants are nice and look good on her.
At a political event? Seriously? I make my living in PR and marketing--casual dress for work is never completely casual dress. If she's there in a professional capacity, she needs to keep the look classic vs. too trendy for her age, even if she's dressed for a picnic. I wouldn't think twice of someone running to the grocery store dressed like that (minus the hooker shoes) but getting up on a stage to stump for a Senate candidate is an entirely different deal.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
At a political event? Seriously? I make my living in PR and marketing--casual dress for work is never completely casual dress. If she's there in a professional capacity, she needs to keep the look classic vs. too trendy for her age, even if she's dressed for a picnic. I wouldn't think twice of someone running to the grocery store dressed like that (minus the hooker shoes) but getting up on a stage to stump for a Senate candidate is an entirely different deal.

Is that what she was at? I didn't read the article with the photos. I thought it was just a picnic? If it was a campaign event then I agree the outfit is not appropriate for that venue.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Is that what she was at? I didn't read the article with the photos. I thought it was just a picnic? If it was a campaign event then I agree the outfit is not appropriate for that venue.
It was a campaign event that was a picnic--she was there stumping for Missouri Senate candidate Sarah Steelman. Politics is a very conservative field--you have to dress appropriately for the situation. I'll give you this--it's way harder for women to hit the right note than men. Men can show up to an event like that in a pair of khakis with their shirt sleeves rolled up and look great. It's not that easy for us--you look ridiculous if you're over dressed, but you can't be too casual or trendy either. Classic and a little sporty usually works best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies