Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 10:52 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,346 times

Advertisements

Isn't it rather counter-intuitive as well as counter-productive to levy a penalty tax on those people who already can't afford to buy health insurance?

If you worked at a good job on an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico, but because of Obama's 30 year moratorium on off-shore drilling, you lost your job and your benefits, what sense does it make to TAX you?

It's bad enough that Obama's policies caused you to lose your income. But Obama rubs salt in the wound by then taxing you because you can no longer afford health insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 10:57 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Isn't it rather counter-intuitive as well as counter-productive to levy a penalty tax on those people who already can't afford to buy health insurance?
Next, you would step forward to pay for them, because you're SO concerned about their health insurance as the rest of "them". Why not reveal that secret as well?

Old 08-08-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Next, you would step forward to pay for them, because you're SO concerned about their health insurance as the rest of "them". Why not reveal that secret as well?
I certainly cannot afford to buy the millions of people that Obama put out of work's health insurance...can you? Nor would I have implemented a plan that rubs salt in the wounds of those people.

But you failed to answer my question.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
I certainly cannot afford to buy the millions of people that Obama put out of work's health insurance...can you?
I get it now... you can only whine and cry... or would those be merely crocodile tears? Simply obeying orders?

Old 08-08-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
I get it now... you can only whine and cry... or would those be merely crocodile tears? Simply obeying orders?
No...I'm simply asking you if you know why they'd want to do such a thing.

I notice that you seem to want to deflect the discussion away from the topic and make it about me. But I never would suggest doing that in the first place.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:07 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Well, right now folks are getting freebie healthcare through Medicaid.

Folks who do not qualify for Medicaid just don't go to the doctor. They end up in ERs with life threatening illnesses and then can't pay the bill.

This way, folks who qualify for Medicaid still get it, and those that don't qualify will at least have to pay SOMETHING into the system to cover a bit of the cost that state and federal government have to pick up when they go into the hospital and can't pay and end up declaring bankruptcy and losing every last penny they own.

Seems fair to me. <snicker>

Old 08-08-2012, 11:10 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
I don't know about democrats, but if you end up getting sick or injured my tax dollars or increased medical bills will be what pays your unpayable medical bills when everything is said and done.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Well, right now folks are getting freebie healthcare through Medicaid.

Folks who do not qualify for Medicaid just don't go to the doctor. They end up in ERs with life threatening illnesses and then can't pay the bill.

This way, folks who qualify for Medicaid still get it, and those that don't qualify will at least have to pay SOMETHING into the system to cover a bit of the cost that state and federal government have to pick up when they go into the hospital and can't pay and end up declaring bankruptcy and losing every last penny they own.

Seems fair to me. <snicker>

OK...but they have no money. How can they afford to pay the tax? Is Obama going to be able to squeeze blood from a turnip? I know he said he'd fix the Earth already, but do you think he can somehow force people with no money to pay a tax? Or do they all just end up going to jail?

Old 08-08-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
No...I'm simply asking you if you know why they'd want to do such a thing.
I don't care about what is in your head much less try to explain that crap.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
I don't care about what is in your head much less try to explain that crap.

Really? So you CANNOT explain it, but you still SUPPORT it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies