Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 07:55 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
And yes liberal social welfare programs have destoyed the black traditional family.
Indeed. Since they are getting money from someone (me and you) in the minds of many black women there is no need for a man in the family other than to inseminate them. Uncle Sam had replaced Daddy in far too many black homes. Unfortunately, Uncle Sam doesn't discipline them, kiss them good night, watch them play sports, instill pride in them, or model what a real man contributes to society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 08:50 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,425 times
I have to raise question about this claim:"And, by the last decade of the 20th century, Welfare accounted for just over 2% of the Federal Budget, while defense accounted for 24%.

Benefit programs for predominantly White farmers and big businesses far outweigh the Welfare program. Who is abusing welfare?"

2%? From the 2012 budget, total welfare expenses (minus unemployment) were well over $350 billion (not including about $100B more welfare from state and local budgets). Defense was $900B. Farm subsidy payments last year were $13B by comparison, a tiny fraction of what is spent on welfare. Four times more is spent on housing assistance alone.

Government Spending Details: Federal State Local for 2012 - Charts

Old 08-09-2012, 08:53 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Top 10 Black Myths About Black America

It needed to be here, honestly.

Yes, it did. Kudos and a rep point for you.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:56 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
A few falsehoods there yourself-

1. 39% of blacks are on welfare. 14% of whites are on welfare. While the absolute number of white welfare recipients ARE WHITE, keep in mind that blacks make up 13% of the population. Therefore blacks are nearly three times more likely to be on welfare than whites.

2. Blacks and Hispanics make up 36% of the prison population. Again, given that blacks are 13% of the US population, there is a very large disproportionate number of blacks in prison.

3. 70% of black children are born out of wedlock k.

4. 72% of black children are raised in single parent families, while the rate for the US in general is 25%.

5. Black unemployment rate is 15.8%, while that of the nation is 8.3%.
Your last one is just based on racial preference, let's be honest here.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:59 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,083,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Your last one is just based on racial preference, let's be honest here.
Hilarious!! Yes, black unemployment is based solely on employers not wanting to hire black people. It has nothing to do with them not being as qualified for the positions or not actively searching for employment. It's all someone elses fault.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:26 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
+1. Of course there is going to be more white people on welfare, there's more white in general. But if you look at it from a percentage(which is a more accurate indicator) then the overwhelming majority of people on welfare are black. Lol, at black people having the highest unemployment rate but are probably still going to. It's for Obama in the 90% range. And yes liberal social welfare programs have destoyed the black traditional family.
At one of my jobs, there's a black female cook wearing her union button in support of Obama. She says that we all need to vote for Obama so that he can finish the job he started... LOL!!!!! She's still drinking that orange pop. All the head chefs are Republicans though.

As to the MA senate race, she doesn't seem to care. Oddly, she doesn't seem to have any positive thoughts about Elizabeth Warren. And while she finds Obama extremely handsome, she doesn't think that Scott Brown is. Therefore, I conclude that she will be voting for Obama solely for the reason that he is black.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:31 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
Hilarious!! Yes, black unemployment is based solely on employers not wanting to hire black people. It has nothing to do with them not being as qualified for the positions or not actively searching for employment. It's all someone elses fault.
You lack logic black unemployment is much higher than any other races, sorry buddy but you can't tell me otherwise. It's racial bias in the workplace shocking! I know but true.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
You lack logic black unemployment is much higher than any other races, sorry buddy but you can't tell me otherwise. It's racial bias in the workplace shocking! I know but true.
I never said that black unemployement wasn't higher than any other races. I was just pointing out that it's not based only on racial bias. There are other forces at work. But it's always so much easier to blame blame blame than to try and fix what's wrong right?

Old 08-09-2012, 09:36 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
I particularly liked the fuzzy math of #1. The author stated that because there are 40+ million blacks in America and less than 1 million are in jail, that's a good ratio...however, the author didn't touch on the fact that of the 40+ million blacks, less than 1 million are in college (which sounds like a pretty bad ratio to me).

The author was speaking specifically about black men, not all black people. There are more than 1 million black people in college. Also if you use the number of college aged black males in prison (instead of using a total of all black men in prison) and compare them to the total number of non-incarcerated college aged black men in prison, those in college would far outnumber those that are incarcerated.

There was also some fuzzy math in #3 by comparing the percents of blacks on welfare, but not showing the actual numbers, because I'm quite sure that 39% of the welfare population at the end of the 20th century being black is still a hell of a lot more people on welfare than when it was 46% in the 70s.

Number 3 did state that 39% of welfare recipients were black and that 46% of welfare recipients at the end of the 1970s were black. The number of black people using welfare is currently around 1 million, so a very small portion of the 40 million black people in this country. There were more than 1 million in the 70s and 80s.
Responses in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
I have to raise question about this claim:"And, by the last decade of the 20th century, Welfare accounted for just over 2% of the Federal Budget, while defense accounted for 24%.

Benefit programs for predominantly White farmers and big businesses far outweigh the Welfare program. Who is abusing welfare?"

2%? From the 2012 budget, total welfare expenses (minus unemployment) were well over $350 billion (not including about $100B more welfare from state and local budgets). Defense was $900B. Farm subsidy payments last year were $13B by comparison, a tiny fraction of what is spent on welfare. Four times more is spent on housing assistance alone.

Government Spending Details: Federal State Local for 2012 - Charts
I think you are reading your chart incorrectly or not in depth. FWIW, "welfare" is not foodstamps or WIC, which you include in your $100B total. Welfare, specifically is welfare cash assistance, people getting checks, which you can break down on your chart. Personally I feel the chart is error prone since it does not even list a total under the federal portion in 2012 or 2011 for welfare cash assistance or welfare to work programs.

This article is speaking specifically about welfare. Not foodstamps or WIC or unemployment or Child Nutrition programs and certainly not "funds for strengthening markets" which IMO sounds like a farm subsidy but I may be mistaken. The portion on your chart for welfare is so insignificant that it has 0.0 for the amount spent.

Also please note that at the bottom of this websit it specifically states in regards to 2010 through present:

Quote:
All federal outlays prior to 2009 (state and local since 2006) are actual. More recent spending, including future years out to 2014, are budgeted, estimated, or guesstimated.
Honestly none of the info in the OP article is new information. It is just that some people don't want to admit this and instead want to blame someone (i.e. black people) and be jealous of us black people over stupid things that aren't necessarily true.

And for those of you who said that the OOW birth rate wasn't included, that was because that isn't a myth . Not because it is not "acknowledged" or because black people want to claim that it is not true. We know it is....duh.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Responses in bold.

I think you are reading your chart incorrectly or not in depth. FWIW, "welfare" is not foodstamps or WIC, which you include in your $100B total. Welfare, specifically is welfare cash assistance, people getting checks, which you can break down on your chart. Personally I feel the chart is error prone since it does not even list a total under the federal portion in 2012 or 2011 for welfare cash assistance or welfare to work programs.

This article is speaking specifically about welfare. Not foodstamps or WIC or unemployment or Child Nutrition programs and certainly not "funds for strengthening markets" which IMO sounds like a farm subsidy but I may be mistaken. The portion on your chart for welfare is so insignificant that it has 0.0 for the amount spent.

Also please note that at the bottom of this websit it specifically states in regards to 2010 through present:

Honestly none of the info in the OP article is new information. It is just that some people don't want to admit this and instead want to blame someone (i.e. black people) and be jealous of us black people over stupid things that aren't necessarily true.

And for those of you who said that the OOW birth rate wasn't included, that was because that isn't a myth . Not because it is not "acknowledged" or because black people want to claim that it is not true. We know it is....duh.
Please post links to your sources of the number of black people on public assistance since you made such a bold claim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies