Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 07:52 PM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

How long does Romney let this continue, seems lik ehios message whatever it is is lost.

"There's no proof that Sen. Harry Reid is correct in asserting that Mitt Romney paid no taxes for 10 years. But he has succeeded in keeping the political universe focused on Romney's wealth and finances, not the struggling economy.

"I think at this point in time it's going to dog him all the way, and he needs to get it behind him," Republican strategist Ed Rollins said Sunday on Fox News. "I think he needs to release more taxes. Absolutely."
Mr. Rollins joins conservative columnist George Will, Weekly Standard editor William Kristol, and former Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour (R) in saying that Romney should release more returns.
Nearly a week after Reid claimed in an interview with the Huffington Post that an unnamed investor in Romney’s former company, Bain Capital, told him Romney didn’t pay any taxes for 10 years, the topic continues to rage in the political media.

Romney tax returns: Harry Reid may be bluffing, but he's winning - CSMonitor.com

Old 08-08-2012, 08:00 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
No Reid is not winning. He is looking like a jerk. If Reid wants someone's taxes revealed more than the two years Romney has already provided, he should reveal his own taxes. Most of us are more interested with what Obama is doing with our money than we are interested with what Romney did with his.

If Romney had done anything wrong, the IRS would be all over him. There is no reason he should be different than any other USA taxpayer. His finances are none of our business. That is why our tax returns are filed privately.

I am much more interested in how people go into congress having nothing and not working on any job and the pay for congress is not that high and then a few years later they are wallowing in money. How did that happen?

Old 08-08-2012, 08:02 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
How long does Romney let this continue, seems lik ehios message whatever it is is lost.

"There's no proof that Sen. Harry Reid is correct in asserting that Mitt Romney paid no taxes for 10 years. But he has succeeded in keeping the political universe focused on Romney's wealth and finances, not the struggling economy.

"I think at this point in time it's going to dog him all the way, and he needs to get it behind him," Republican strategist Ed Rollins said Sunday on Fox News. "I think he needs to release more taxes. Absolutely."
Mr. Rollins joins conservative columnist George Will, Weekly Standard editor William Kristol, and former Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour (R) in saying that Romney should release more returns.
Nearly a week after Reid claimed in an interview with the Huffington Post that an unnamed investor in Romney’s former company, Bain Capital, told him Romney didn’t pay any taxes for 10 years, the topic continues to rage in the political media.

Romney tax returns: Harry Reid may be bluffing, but he's winning - CSMonitor.com
I don't think that he is bluffing

Old 08-08-2012, 08:03 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times
And that's all that matters to liberals. Not that the public hear honesty or facts. Do anything and say anything, as long as the stupid people buy into it is all that matters to you.

despicable

Old 08-08-2012, 08:05 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
He's a winner only to liberals who already have their feeble little minds made up.

Nobody with an IQ over 13 gives 2 sheets about ol' Hairy. I'm not even sure he's still alive. I think they're propping him up and playing edited tapes of his voice saying incredibly stupid things. I mean, really, nobody with a blood pressure over .02 would say the stupid things he says.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:08 PM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
No Reid is not winning. He is looking like a jerk. If Reid wants someone's taxes revealed more than the two years Romney has already provided, he should reveal his own taxes. Most of us are more interested with what Obama is doing with our money than we are interested with what Romney did with his.

If Romney had done anything wrong, the IRS would be all over him. There is no reason he should be different than any other USA taxpayer. His finances are none of our business. That is why our tax returns are filed privately.

I am much more interested in how people go into congress having nothing and not working on any job and the pay for congress is not that high and then a few years later they are wallowing in money. How did that happen?
So what has Romney's message been the last week, where was the speech that captured the american public, it's all about his tax returns. Produce a few returns and make it go away.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:11 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So what has Romney's message been the last week, where was the speech that captured the american public, it's all about his tax returns. Produce a few returns and make it go away.
The truth will set you free. Romney is hiding the truth.

NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
He's a winner only to liberals who already have their feeble little minds made up.

Nobody with an IQ over 13 gives 2 sheets about ol' Hairy. I'm not even sure he's still alive. I think they're propping him up and playing edited tapes of his voice saying incredibly stupid things. I mean, really, nobody with a blood pressure over .02 would say the stupid things he says.
I am still laughing. Such a funny picture!

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Don't forget that the independents and some republicans want his to release them. He can't win with just the extreme right voters.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:13 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
All is fair in love, war and politics.

It's a brilliant gambit by Reid. He has absolutely nothing to lose be it true or false. It's one of those win win situations and old Harry is not known as a fox for nothing.

Romney has shown a reluctance to release those records and Reid's claim really puts him between a rock and a hard place. It does not matter if you agree with Reid's tatics or not. It's a fait accompli as far as casting a great deal of suspicion on Mitt. If he does not release the records it will kill him as an issue in the election and if he does then the people will see what Romney clearly does not want them to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies