Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 10:32 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,119,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
No, because as people like AlternateUniverseHistorianDude suggests, the validity of authority is subject to who is in charge. A fresh kewl young face like Obama makes Afghanistan, the Patriot Act, and NSA spying righteous, while it was despicable when a cowboy from Texas was in charge and it will be once again despicable if a wealthy Mormon version of John Kerry is in charge.
I don't care who's in charge. It needs to stop now. The people need to start coming together on common issues and stop letting the media divide us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 10:35 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,274,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I don't care who's in charge. It needs to stop now. The people need to start coming together on common issues and stop letting the media divide us.
I agree with you, but Ron Paul wears those fancy shoes, is a verified racist and wants the economy to resemble Somalia so he can't save us.

The only joy I get out of this is watching authoritarian neo-progressives and neo-cons wring their hands over the idea that Rand Paul is a figurative mole in the fedgov. May God keep him safe.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:36 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,069,526 times
Quote:
No, because as people like AlternateUniverseHistorianDude suggests, the validity of authority is subject to who is in charge.
Please... argue with what I actually say, not the voices in your head.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:52 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,119,439 times
Quote:
I agree with you, but Ron Paul wears those fancy shoes, is a verified racist and wants the economy to resemble Somalia so he can't save us.

The only joy I get out of this is watching authoritarian neo-progressives and neo-cons wring their hands over the idea that Rand Paul is a figurative mole in the fedgov. May God keep him safe.
I would've considered voting for Paul if he would've ran. I would've left my decision up to the debates and their final platforms.

There needs to be serious reform in Washington. I believe that is only gonna come at the hands of the people.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Please... argue with what I actually say, not the voices in your head.
I know you are but what am I?

You were clearly invoking Godwin's law there.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:08 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
So, IF, this true, and that is a BIG IF, then Rand commited a felony and should be locked up, when was he arrested and charged? I have serious doubts that this anything more than fear mongering, nothing new there for the right. FYI, Rand Paul is nothing like his father and has been just as much a "Good Republican" as the rest, so much for passing the torch from father to son

Old 08-09-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So, IF, this true, and that is a BIG IF, then Rand commited a felony and should be locked up, when was he arrested and charged? I have serious doubts that this anything more than fear mongering, nothing new there for the right. FYI, Rand Paul is nothing like his father and has been just as much a "Good Republican" as the rest, so much for passing the torch from father to son
As predicted. Neo-progressive authoritarians who typically support Obama come forth gnashing their teeth as to why RP wasn't arrested.

At least AlternateHistorianDude was more subtle about it and kept this contempt for Rand at bay, even if he was wrong about a lot of other things in this thread.

Like I said, everything the Reich did was legal. It had the will of the people and the courts/parliament behind it.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:18 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
It's interesting however that people (esp. Obama supporters since Obama is the current president) would first like to comment that RP is breaking the law by leaking very general information rather than understanding the underlying problem of domestic spying on fellow Americans. It's like they're salivating over the idea of drumming him out of the Senate for anything that is deemed "illegal".

It must be hard putting on a s**t eating grin everyday while supporting Obama's patriot act and NSA spying program.
That's what big government supporters who need government to run their lives from cradle to grave want. They have no problem giving up liberty for some security when then end up loosing both by doing so. They keep treating symptoms instead of the cause. Band aids don't work.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:19 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,414,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Please read links before commenting next time:
Quote:
when asked what he learned at these secret briefings and aware that he could be prosecuted for telling the truth, chose a fictitious word to describe the vast number of violations of privacy at the hands of federal agents: gazillions.
and please stay on topic, neither Ron or Rand Paul has anything to do with the federal government violating the fourth amendment.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Please read links before commenting next time:
and please stay on topic, neither Ron or Rand Paul has anything to do with the federal government violating the fourth amendment.
I thank God everyday that even with the ape brained idiots in Congress, it's just a good thing folks like Casper aren't in power arresting people left and right with these vague and general bits of information that citizens have a right to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies