Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 01:52 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,154,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
No not NH. Puerto Rico Easter 1999 google all about it why doncha' My father in law x Army 30 years, his 2nd wife a lawyer, best house in the area.... he as also Kodak for 30 more years as classified that polaroid thing.

He retired there to be near Arecibo, Puerto Rico. he was into hand made glass.. big time...

My wife will never suffer anything like that so long as i suck air on this side of the grass... The only sad part is she can out shoot me with any guns I have ever let her try.... But then I ain't too bad, and am more accustomed to shooting living things. 10 deer, countless birds, and one man so far.....

About that man, I was on the phone with the police dispatcher at the instant I fired the gun. The dispatcher was telling me No cops will come... Opps I pulled the trigger... And I never got a Free Ride down town.

The bad guy was wanted for 6 warrants all of drug and violent natures, and had already spent most of his live behind bars... A 6 time looser wanted for 6 more crimes.....

In NH it is not wise to screw with locals......
That's certainly tragic. It's terrible that anyone must be left to deal with such situations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 01:55 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,533 times
We've had dozens of threads on this very forum raving loony nonsense claiming "Agenda 21" is a UN conspiracy to confiscate every red necks shotgun. It's total nonsense. Here's a good article about this conspiracy theory which is currently the darling of the far right and, as usual, is completely false.

Papantonio: The Endless Supply of Right Wing Hate - YouTube!

Old 08-09-2012, 02:02 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,960,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I'm wondering if you were carrying before the tragedy that befell your family.
Yes I was, since 1976..... The Cop that issued my Mass carry permit blew out his own brains a month later.. I had that permit in 3 days, which shocked the desk jockey Sgt too.

While I had the permit I didn't carry 24/7 like I do now.... I own a stainless steel shower weapon now and won't shower with out it... The only times I am unarmed is if I am ill very ill, and then my wife will be, as she has a carry permit too....

Screw with us when I am ill, and 'one' will be lashed to a pole and she will put burning pine slivers under some SOB's finger nails for grins and giggles..

We are not going to take any BS from anyone or anything anymore. Not cops not blue hats Nobody....

This might also be of interest to you:
My son is 31, but when he was 3 I used to back pack him in the Whites here in NH. Up on Nancy Brook Trail at the height of land over looking the Pemi 8 wanna be bikers, Side Walk Commandos, were resting on the trail side, drinking beer.

I was wearing cut off shorts Limmer Boots (search Limmer boots) a tee shirt a pack with my son peeking out, and a Ruger .44 mag Super Blackhawk loaded for Bear.

I walk by nod a hello, no word spoken, and a punk gets up and walks out on the trail behind me.

There is no such thing as a cell phone and even if there was today it won't work there.
The punk says "That kid will look a lot better with his head smashed on that tree."

I turned around looked him in the eye, began to reach for my shoulder holster, watching his eyes follow my hand, and I didn't even have to touch that .44. he looked away and down and turned back.

Dammned good thing, as i would have turned him and his 7 buddies into bear bait right then and there, and with just 5 rounds!

I am not the enemy, nor am I any threat to decent folks, but I refuse to take BS from anyone ever again!

If you want anything more dm me....

Old 08-09-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
That's certainly tragic. It's terrible that anyone must be left to deal with such situations.
To deal with!!!!! That was brutal..... Do you know who gets to clean up the mess and gory after the fact? YOU DO, or in my case we did.....

There was blood all over the house, in the file cabinets which were open in the mirror rails and shower rails both sliding types in the bath room, and on all the floors on 3 levels in that house!

More blood was on the home furnishings, and counters, and a black leather chair with a foot stool in a black leather cover so making it difficult to see. I was the one who saw that when my sister in law also there to help got up from being seated, wearing white slacks! her butt was covered in blood! I felt very odd trying to hug her and console her and mention she needed to get out of those pants....

Not many here have any idea.. And i will freely admit this has hardened me to a cold hard steel.... But still I seek Peace...... Don't give it to me, and i will take Hell........

Non here wants to play with me if we all go to my Hell ..... You can bank on that.Any more questions?

Old 08-09-2012, 02:57 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,288,448 times
Quote:
Then why can't you people just be honest about it and proclaim that we shouldn't have background checks or limitations on gun ownership? THe NRA and the others from the gun crowd insist on saying that we need background checks. You don't really believe in them, so why continue the charade. You don't believe anything can be done about these types of killings, so just be honest about it. Put it out there: We should not have background checks. Let the public form an honest judgment about you guys.
I've already said background checks and other gun laws would never have prevented the recent killings so they are kinda useless to prevent a dedicated mass murderer from perpetrating his crime.
Whats the big deal about having a background check? it gives some a false sense of security to some and makes a politician appear like he's doing something about gun crime,limitations on gun ownership? may be a law on some books but totally unenforceable and just as useless as back ground checks ,
Maybe you could clarify who you are referring to with the "you people" and "you guys"

Old 08-09-2012, 05:11 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,355,865 times
Quote:
I suspect many of these conspiracy theories start with some well-educated right-winger, who creates them knowing that the yokels will buy it and spread the nonsense. It's probably calculated.
Er....Say isn't that a conspiracy theory? I hear lead-based foil is actually superior to tinfoil. That's what I'd recommend for you.
http://able123.com/industrial-metal-...FWYZQgodhXIA_A

Old 08-09-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I've already said background checks and other gun laws would never have prevented the recent killings so they are kinda useless to prevent a dedicated mass murderer from perpetrating his crime.
Whats the big deal about having a background check? it gives some a false sense of security to some and makes a politician appear like he's doing something about gun crime,limitations on gun ownership? may be a law on some books but totally unenforceable and just as useless as back ground checks ,
Maybe you could clarify who you are referring to with the "you people" and "you guys"
Read back a few posts and you will see i asked the same questions.

I think we have a 17 year old who knows it all..... Just wait til he hits 55..... The age where reason catches yer droopy butt and smacks it hard..

Not yer droopy butt!

Old 08-09-2012, 09:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
The UN will shortly be voting on a resolution that will take away all guns from Americans! And, shudder, 60 senators are prepared to sign it!

Local talk show host at first tries to explain that the UN cannot do this but then gives up, thus allowing it to spread with the tin-foil crowd.
You have just displayed a lack of knowledge about treaties. According to the Constitution it takes 67 Senators to ratify a treaty and your 60 has nothing to do with treaties. The problem here is that every Democrat Senator will vote that way and that keeps the need of 6 or so RINOs and that still leaves them in the hole.

Is there a chance you could tell us what talk show you garnered this from and maybe even supply a transcript?

Old 08-09-2012, 10:28 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,154,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You have just displayed a lack of knowledge about treaties. According to the Constitution it takes 67 Senators to ratify a treaty and your 60 has nothing to do with treaties. The problem here is that every Democrat Senator will vote that way and that keeps the need of 6 or so RINOs and that still leaves them in the hole.

Is there a chance you could tell us what talk show you garnered this from and maybe even supply a transcript?
I answered that a couple pages back.

The U.S. Senate cannot by ratifying a treaty, confiscate the firearms of Americans. Good God, the fact that I even have to state this is somewhat frightening. Do you think the Senate could sign a treaty and, for instance, outlaw all abortions in the United States?

Old 08-09-2012, 10:51 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
We've had dozens of threads on this very forum raving loony nonsense claiming "Agenda 21" is a UN conspiracy to confiscate every red necks shotgun. It's total nonsense. Here's a good article about this conspiracy theory which is currently the darling of the far right and, as usual, is completely false.

Papantonio: The Endless Supply of Right Wing Hate - YouTube!
I sat here and listened to that whole video and had to keep myself fastened to my chair to get it all in.

I failed to hear one word about the conspiracy theory that the Majority Floor Leader of the Senate of the United States is blowing all over the place about Mitt Romney not filing or paying income taxes the last 10 years and couldn't help wondering why there was no mention of it. Only fools would think that Romney could get by with that when the IRS certainly knew about him and his money. It takes a lot of stupidity for one to believe that any of this is anything but deflectionary toward the real issues in this election.

I can tell you exactly what either of those guys would say when offered the story about various people telling Romney that he should offer to release those records right after Obama releases the enrollment forms concerning him at Occidental and Columbia. Surely Obama is hiding something there since he has been having on so tightly all this time. There is no reason why Romney should release until Obama does something similar. Once again, only a fool would think that the IRS has been sitting idly by while Romney fails to file income tax forms.

Now I know the reason that both of your heroes here operate is purely left leaning proagands but speaking of that stuff look at the link I selected for you to read. Remember that when George Soros created Media Matters in 2004 they were given s specific chore and that was to destroy Fox News for obvious reasons. They spin and twist words from Fox and so many leaners eat it all up. Read this link and tell me that what I say is not true.

About Us | Media Matters for America
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies