Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 12:08 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,969,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Black is more of a minority because the president is half-black and there is more social justice deserving to blacks than hispanics. Plus, hispanics look white. I'm sure you can understand this.
You just summed up basically how your type decides to take sides. Who's "whiter'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 12:08 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,271,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You just summed up basically how your type decides to take sides. Who's "whiter'?
Thank you for confirming my suspicions.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:09 PM

16,909 posts, read 10,576,961 times
Not likely because a judge will be deciding the issue. The FL judges are heavily influenced by the political witch hunt against Mr. Zimmerman. There is no way a judge would throw out this case even if there is strong evidence of self-defense. Zimmerman's only hope is with a jury.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:13 PM

78,271 posts, read 60,492,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I'm well aware of that fact.

Public perception is another thing.

If you don' see the right lining up behind Zimmerman, making him one of their own, "white" ,then you are just naive or playing dumb.
No, the right lined up behind him because of the gun angle.

You are seriously claiming it was the right that tried to paint Zimmerman as a "white guy"? Really?
Come on, we all know whom some of the furthest left and right posters are around here and we can go look at the original TM threads and you and I both know whom we will find calling Zimmerman white.

You have two different angles. One side is working the gun rights angle and the other side is working the racism\profiling and especially social justice angle in terms of the delay in charging Zimmerman. These are reasonably valid points. However, in knee-jerk fashion the political rivals have then defended against the attacks by the others.

Meanwhile, looks like the shooter in this similar confrontation will never be charged. The SYG laws need to be more specifically written....just too much variance.
Stand-your-ground law key in slaying that mirrors Trayvon Martin case

Old 08-09-2012, 12:15 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,654,949 times
I don't think the SYG defense will fly at all for the following reason.
The prosecution collected evidence prior to charging Zimmerman. At that time they could have charged him with manslaughter or Murder 2. They felt they had the evidence to make murder 2 stick.
Of course, if I was Zimmerman's attorney, I would also try to derail the entire prosecution by holding a hearing on SYG. what does he have to lose by doing so?

Old 08-09-2012, 12:17 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,271,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
No, the right lined up behind him because of the gun angle.
Bingo! Even the fervently anti-illegal immigration (aka anti-Hispanic to the left) gun community is behind Zimmerman.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I don't think the SYG defense will fly at all for the following reason.
The prosecution collected evidence prior to charging Zimmerman. At that time they could have charged him with manslaughter or Murder 2. They felt they had the evidence to make murder 2 stick.
Of course, if I was Zimmerman's attorney, I would also try to derail the entire prosecution by holding a hearing on SYG. what does he have to lose by doing so?
The first prosecutor who evaluated the evidence, before the witch hunt, did not think they had enough evidence to charge him with either crime.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:23 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,654,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The first prosecutor who evaluated the evidence, before the witch hunt, did not think they had enough evidence to charge him with either crime.
Well, I can come back and note that the original police investigator did not feel it was SYG and felt he should have been charged by the Attorney General.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:25 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,665,009 times
There is nothing in this article about anything being "imminent".

George Zimmerman Seeks 'Stand Your Ground' Hearing In Bid To Dismiss Case : The Two-Way : NPR

Old 08-09-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Well, I can come back and note that the original police investigator did not feel it was SYG and felt he should have been charged by the Attorney General.
A police investigator isn't a lawyer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies